[RC1] Random Quotes 1.7.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
rydaz

Post by rydaz »

I just redid the coding and still.. Nothing happens after I enable the quotes in the ACP.. I inserted an 'x' before and after the code in the TPL file. I see the 'x' but no quotes.
## Files To Edit:
## common.php
## admin/admin_board.php
## includes/page_header.php
## includes/constants.php
## language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
## templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl
## templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl

Are there now two files that I need to ignore? has anyone tried installing the most recent Quotes MOD?
dfritter4

Post by dfritter4 »

yes many people have installed it and it works fine for them

the admin_board.php and the board_config_body.tpl are both governing the same phpBB page and it was originally where the quotes config was located, but i had decided (if you look in the MOD history) to change it to its own page and i must have forgotten to remove those two "you need to edit these" files

the MOD works fine for me and all others who have installed it
rydaz

Post by rydaz »

thanks for the reply.. I guess I'll have to do without this MOD.
dfritter4

Post by dfritter4 »

rydaz: check ur pm's
rydaz

Post by rydaz »

thanks for the effort.. even when I put the code in a non-portal page, it doesn't show up.
dfritter4

Post by dfritter4 »

well apparently ur just not entering the code correctly, cause as you can see with my test board, it works fine, and the other people that are using it have no problems.

setup a standard phpBB installation somewhere separate on your site (without any portal stuff, just a fresh copy of SubSilver phpBB) and then try installing the MOD
rydaz

Post by rydaz »

If there weren't anything wrong with the files I sent you, then I've entered the codes correctly. But if it has something to do with the Smartor's Portal then I'll just take your word for it and move on..
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I have random quotes on my phpbb...click the www to see. They're right above the welcome box.
dfritter4

Post by dfritter4 »

is that my Random Quotes MOD or someone elses, or did you just make a few slight modifications to fit it onto your portal?

if you edited it to fit on your portal you need to talk to rydaz because he seems to have problems with his portal
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

It's my own but is very similar to yours so it can be done. Just trying to give him some encouragement. :)
dfritter4

Post by dfritter4 »

sorry, i switched servers and didn't update the link.

it should be working now
colin_bb

Post by colin_bb »

I just installed this with easymod on a fresh 2.22 forum. The installation is succesful, but when i view the forum index i now have these errors at the top of the page:
Warning: explode() [function.explode]: Empty delimiter. in C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\functions_quotes.php on line 31
Warning: shuffle() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\functions_quotes.php on line 34
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\functions_quotes.php:31) in C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 541
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\functions_quotes.php:31) in C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 547
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\functions_quotes.php:31) in C:\wamp\www\myDomain\public_html\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 548

What's causing this?
dfritter4

Post by dfritter4 »

let me see what my installation is doing on a 2.0.22 forum. i havent checked since the update
dfritter4

Post by dfritter4 »

interesting. im not having any problems with my board.

try installing the mod manually, maybe its a problem with easymod.
spamyboy

Post by spamyboy »

I'm getting same error

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”