[DEV] Mobile Online phpBB

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

MitchSchaft wrote: What other features are missing from the demo besides the "new/reply"? What will I get for my $30?

The missing features are (1) "new/reply", and (2) WURFL -- you can install WURFL successfully, but it only works during "new/reply", so you actually do not have WURFL.
MitchSchaft

Post by MitchSchaft »

ahha. So it's the same as the old version, but you can't post at all? just a few bug fixes?
rickey29

Mobile Online phpBB Version 1.8

Post by rickey29 »

What is new in this version?
++++++++++++++++
* New Feature: Add sign + before forums and topics with new posts/replies.
* New Feature: Add "index2.php" to display all topics from various categories and forums.

Highlight in this version
++++++++++++++++
* Update language file in version 1.8

You can refer to lang_english.php file change history for detail. If you use other language than English, you should update your language file accordingly.

Download
++++++++++++++++
http://www.mobileonlinestyle.com/index.php?id=download

Support
++++++++++++++++
* Latest Information:

Please go to http://www.mobileonlinestyle.com to get the latest module information, open issue and/or solution, which may not be available when the code is packaged.

* Bug Report:

You can email [email protected] .
Last edited by rickey29 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzioneer

Post by fuzioneer »

cant see where to download on your site rickey ?
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

fuzioneer wrote: cant see where to download on your site rickey ?

I am uploading my new web page. Is it OK right now?
fuzioneer

Post by fuzioneer »

y can see it now :)
rickey29

Mobile Online phpBB Version 1.8.1

Post by rickey29 »

Here comes mophpbb v1.8.1 because its has one bug and one bug fix: mophpbb provides wrong smilies picture file location for PHP-Nuke, and http://www.mobileonlinestyle.com/index.php?id=download
fuzioneer

Post by fuzioneer »

k got it all installed ok Rickey
couple of probs

1. How do you post a reply to a post as i cannot seem to locate a reply link anywhere for posts ?

2. How do you make the "Last" link show for ALL threads regardless of size. I have tried changing vars in var.cfg but doesnt seem to work (I set them both to 1)
MitchSchaft

Post by MitchSchaft »

You have to pay ($30!) to be to reply/post(you can reverse engineer and add it manually if you wanted, it's not hard:P). Use the old version, you can reply with that.
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

fuzioneer wrote: 2. How do you make the "Last" link show for ALL threads regardless of size. I have tried changing vars in var.cfg but doesnt seem to work (I set them both to 1)

You should change $mo_var['large_forum_size'] and $mo_var['large_topic_size'] in var.cfg to a very small value, for example $mo_var['row_size']. It works on my environment. If not in yours, have you get the "next" and "previous" link? If not, it is because your topics (in one forum) or posts (in one topics) is not enough that mophpbb will not show any of "next", "previous", "last" and "first" links. Any progress/problem, please let me know.
jenelsoninc

Post by jenelsoninc »

I have a blackberry 8700g and curious if this mod will work with my device. I cannot find an aggresive demo for this mod. Thank you.

Jonathon
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

jenelsoninc wrote: I have a blackberry 8700g and curious if this mod will work with my device. I cannot find an aggresive demo for this mod. Thank you.

Jonathon

You can search "Mobile Online Style" in Google to get some working mophpbb web site. You should keep the double quotation marks before and after the key word phrase when you do the search. Good luck.
rickey29

phpBB3 Schedule?

Post by rickey29 »

What is your plan for updating to phpBB3? I am planing the plan for phpBB3 mophpbb development. Thanks.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Has anyone figured out a way for users to snap a photo, log-in and post it as a new thread?
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

Beth wrote: Has anyone figured out a way for users to snap a photo, log-in and post it as a new thread?

I find one add-on module: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=381282 . It can meet our requirement except it is from PC. Based on this module, I have successfully uploaded several pictures from Openware mobile simulator in the last month. The following work is I will improve my code according to http://www.developershome.com/wap/wapUpload/ .

While, the problems are: (1) according to my progress in the last month, I think I need 3 Technical Head Count Month, which is 6 months duration, to provide this feature. I am afraid MOphpBB users will worry about if I will continue the development or not during the 6 months. (2) I do not want to redo the work for phpBB3 shortly after I provide phpBB2 solution. (3) I do not clear UploadPic module's plan to support phpBB3.

So, any ideas/comments are welcome.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”