[2.0.17] Table BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
17%
Good
24%
Fair
4%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 46

markismx

Post by markismx »

How about advance commands like rowspan and colspan??
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

purpleyouko wrote: A column appears with each new row before the first "col" tag. Not a big deal but a little unexpected.

This is in fact intentional, meant to limit the number of tags required for users to input. This idea came from the huge percentage of forum members who have no real knowledge of coding, and who find the html system too difficult to deal with.

On a different note, I am sadly beginning to feel as if my time with coding is coming to an early end, as I find myself too busy to maintain all my devotions. If I evantually find a change in schedule, I will return to my roots here at phpbb, especially with this mod. Until that time, however, I will not likely be posting any updates on this or other areas.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
derrene

Post by derrene »

delete
thx rené
Last edited by derrene on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

I love this mod and my users are going to be very happy once I announce it's there. I just set it up yesterday and got it working fine after a bit of troubleshooting (i.e. I forgot to upload one of the edited files :oops: ).

I only have one little problem left. When you click the question mark to get more info on the tables, it goes to a page that says "sorry, this file not found". When I hover over the question mark icon, the url at the bottom shows:

Edit: website address removed for security reasons

I've rechecked my files to make sure I've added the proper codes. I'm not sure what file or code to adjust to make this work properly.

I'm using Table BBCode ver 1.3.1, phpBB ver 2.0.18, template: subSilver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
Last edited by dugchugger on Wed May 21, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

modules? That would be for a phpNuke site, not phpBB one.
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

LOL...

I'm posting in the appropriate thread about this particular mod.
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

SlapShot434 wrote: Aha! I think i may have found the problem. You see, the creators of many phpbb styles have gone rather overboard with the way they set up the css for their templates.

They are setting default values for simple tags such as <th> and <td>, and then also making seperate classes, instead of doing everything in each class.

This is causing the html that the bbcode refers to act strangely depending on what template it is being viewed from.

I added Table BBCode to my forums yesterday and am quite pleased with it. There are a few issues atm tho, one of which is that the background colors do not show up in the table, rows or columns. I am reading through the 18 pages of posts here hoping to find answers to some of my problems before I ask further... and I think that this particular post may answer the background color issue. I suspected it might have something to do with the css file and checked it out, but couldn't see any way to get around it. I wonder why the background colors work for some tho, and not me. :?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The table bbcode defaults to white, so you have to specify the color you want.
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

Brf wrote: The table bbcode defaults to white, so you have to specify the color you want.

Yes... as I said, the colors aren't showing up. I didn't expect that the default would be white and colors in rows/cols would magically appear. :wink: Even the white background doesn't show up. I referred to what slapshot said about the css files and I think that may be the prob.

Funny thing is tho, in the post preview below where I'm writing my reply, the colors DO show up! Makes me think even more so that it's the css issue. I'll wait for a fix cuz I really don't want to mess with the code and end up making things worse. :D
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

[quote="dugchugger"]
I only have one little problem left. When you click the question mark to get more info on the tables, it goes to a page that says "sorry, this file not found". When I hover over the question mark icon, the url at the bottom shows:

Edit: website address removed for security purposes

I'd really like an answer to this one tho so I can announce to my members, who want to use tables, that they now have that ability. I just don't want to do it while the question mark points to a page that isn't there. I'm sure it's easy to fix, but in my noobness I'm checking code and just can't see where to fix this. Pls help! <3
Last edited by dugchugger on Wed May 21, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

Can anyone help?
Mapleriver

Idea...or request?

Post by Mapleriver »

Set up the mod and it works as advertised, but...

Wouldn't it be nice to have the mod (or a similar one) recognize a "," as a "col" tag? You could then import CSV files and have them auto-parsed rather than having to place col tags in between each entry?

I've seen this done with DiscussWare's code...they use commas to create columns and carriage returns create rows. So any CSV file pasted between the Table tags fully parses automatically.

Any possibility of coming up with something like this? Very slick...
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

Bah... I was hopeful when I saw a reply that it would be a possible answer. That was a total non-answer and quite unrelated. Cool idea though.

I set up the mod as per the instructions, and the part I identified above does not work correctly. The lack of help has discouraged me from trying other mods for the time being. :(
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

What are you putting in that doesnt work? What codes?
dugchugger

Post by dugchugger »

Heya brf... nice avatar. :D

My post is almost a month old... and ironically, I gave up on getting any help and exited the relevant files out of my editor last night. I'll have to look through them again and try to refresh my brain. If I go through this trouble... do you think you will be able to help? It would be greatly appreciated. It's such a minor thing... but it would be nice to have this working properly.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”