Approval MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 20

ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

hehehe thanks, i cant believe i've been running my forum for over a year and never noticed that link :oops:
I managed to get it working with my custom template too. i have about 20 other MODs installed maybe more and no conflicts as yet that i am aware of :)
an extra feature to this MOD would be nice sometime in the future if it is posible for instance...

having the option to approve only on replys to topics (depending if the option is enabled in the ACP)

this MOD can really help clean up my forum thus saving on valuable db space :wink: nice work uncle.f you have my vote 8)
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

ruler wrote: I have about 20 other MODs installed maybe more and no conflicts as yet that i am aware of :)

Wow! This is very nice to know. I did not expect this MOD to be that much compatible 8O
having the option to approve only on replys to topics (depending if the option is enabled in the ACP)

Do you mean you want people to create new topics without approval and then approve only the replies? That is the opposite of what some others have asked for, i.e., approve only new topics and not the replies... Hmm...
ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

yup, i basically run a forum for p2p where people can list their hubs. some the people that list their hubs normally are quite sensible about it and most of the replys are friendly too but there are occasions where we get the odd muppet :lol:
you could do a lot with this MOD such as even extending it to allow the origional starter of that topic to approve the posts in his topic ;) im sure that would be a lot of coding but its just an idea. it very user friendly too which is good.
its not everyday you see a good MOD like this released
ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

after looking further i find that there is one small problem here...
in the view forum page it only shows the number of topics to be approved but when i click on the [moderate this forum] i can see: hi [Contains unapproved posts] in the topic name.

also i dont know if this was a mistake but if you look through the instalation file approval.mod there are two words that are APRROVE are they supposed to be APPROVE ? or is that supposed to be like that. thanks
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

ruler wrote: after looking further i find that there is one small problem here... in the view forum page it only shows the number of topics to be approved but when i click on the [moderate this forum] i can see: hi [Contains unapproved posts] in the topic name.

... and that is a problem... how?
there are two words that are APRROVE are they supposed to be APPROVE ?

Well spotted. That is a typo, however it does not affect the functionality since it is mistyped every time that variable is used. I will correct this in the new release (don't expect it any time soon though) :-)
ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

ok the second image ..

on mine i dont see [awaiting approval from the moderator] but i do however see the number of awaiting approvals next to the replies. it does show when i access the [moderate this forum] link
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

ruler wrote: on mine i dont see [awaiting approval from the moderator] but i do however see the number of awaiting approvals next to the replies. it does show when i access the [moderate this forum] link

The screenshot is old. The correct message is [Contains unapproved posts].
You can check the required topics with a checkmark and then press the "approve" button at the bottom right of the screen to mass-approve all.
ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

thats what im trying to say, i dont see any message at all, all i see is under [posts] colum something like this 2(1) and in the topic name i just see the normal topic name (with no message) and next to the name at the end under the [last post] colum i see only the users nick as normal.
maybe i should take a screen shot?
ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

ok ive taken a screenshot :)

ive only just noticed also that it shows how many posts an unregistered users needs to have approved but not for the registered user.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

ruler wrote: ok ive taken a screenshot :)
ive only just noticed also that it shows how many posts an unregistered users needs to have approved but not for the registered user.

Ok, let's step back and stop mixing it all up. In my previous reply I was talking about the moderators control panel view. Only there you should see the topic looking like:

original topic title [contains unapproved posts]

When you are logged on as an admin or moderator, you should see the topics like this:

original topic title [awaiting approval from the moderator]

... but only when the first post in the topic is not approved (new unapproved topic). If the first post has been approved then you will see exactly what is on your screenshot. This is intentional, since it draws attention to the topics that cannot be continued without their first post being approved. Once the topic has been approved the only indication of unapproved posts is the figure in the brackets.

Should NOT be the case. All unapproved posts should be counted in the brackets.
Last edited by uncle.f on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

now i totally understand how it works, i think maybe i should have read your 'readme' file a little better. i didnt stop to think about if it was a first post or a reply to a post so with this conclusion it works 100% with no probs.

anyway here are a few MODS off the top of my head that i have installed on my forum...

live_email_validate_mod_101
Blank Template MOD (33 pages some hidden)
Online Users Today MOD
www removal when registering MOD
Website_Check_Mod1.0.0
Users viewing forum on Index
spam-junk mail in agreement
Rank Info mod
msn_messenger_v1.2.1
Marquee Site Description
Fix For The Firefox Remember Passwords Problem
Adds users rank to memberlist ver: 1.0.2
sql_backup_v1.0.11
gender_1.2.8em
Forum Icon with ACP Control (Default Option) VER: 1.1.0
Skype MOD
Report to Moderators MOD
update session on page change 1_0_0
Save Bandwidth MOD VER: 1.0.0

my phpbb version is VER: 2.0.21

there are many more that ive added and there are quite a few custom mods of my own.
i hope this info helps you with the development of this MOD :)

if you want to see some of my MODs then feel free to have a look here > http://dchubad.sytes.net/dchubad

thanks
dvdd127

Post by dvdd127 »

I am using the Cash MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055
and the wGEric Store MOD.

I also have this Approval MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=444466 installed on my site
as well as the Attachments MOD

I need to know how to make it so that users will not get points for their post until it is approved.

anyone have any ideas for me?? thank you in advance.
/DD
Gregminimum

Installing with MSSQL

Post by Gregminimum »

I have MSSQL database and I know it won't understand the ` (grave accents) in the SQL in approval.mod, where it alters tables. Also, I don't think it will understand the datatypes tinyint and the sizes of the datatypes.

Anyway, I wanted to know if I can remove the eight ALTER TABLE lines and the two UPDATE lines from approval.mod, (in the SQL section) and run those ten lines of code in my database manager, so I can focus more on the problem while I try to get it right.

And then I would run the rest of approval.mod with EasyMod.

Is this OK or what would you suggest?

By the way, in my EasyMOD Automatic MOD Installer, the Approval MOD shows up as NOT being EasyMOD Compliant. Can I just assume it will work?
ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler »

hi ya
before actually installing the MOD you 'can' copy all the SQL and paste them into a notepad so that you can add them manually later but remember to delete them from the MOD itself but remember to execute the QSL inthe right order (top to bottom)
next you can goto the ACP then click Install MODs, enter your password (if required) then you should see your new MOD ready for install. under continue or install there is a check box, tick that first so that you can check each file seperatly making sure that no errors are reported. is all goes well you can the proceed to run your queries. IF it doesnt work then simply uninstall the MOD or check through the code
uncle.f

Re: Installing with MSSQL

Post by uncle.f »

Gregminimum wrote: Anyway, I wanted to know if I can remove the eight ALTER TABLE lines and the two UPDATE lines from approval.mod, (in the SQL section) and run those ten lines of code in my database manager

Sure! Just run them in the same order, as ruler pointed out above. Tinyint can be any "int".
By the way, in my EasyMOD Automatic MOD Installer, the Approval MOD shows up as NOT being EasyMOD Compliant. Can I just assume it will work?

I am not sure where you saw that, but I can assure you that I have extensively tested Approval MOD with the latest available Easy MOD Beta v0.3.0 and it is 100% compatible. I never saw any message from EasyMOD about my MOD being non-compliant.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”