Categorie tables higher than normal? Dates listed in other..

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
boffers
I am too lazy to register

Categorie tables higher than normal? Dates listed in other..

Post by boffers »

I just uploaded my testforum to my 'testspace' at http://www.ajaxside.f2s.com , and have 2 questions:

-the categorie tables on the index page look higher than normal. It looks like these is an extra line under the latest sentence. How can they have the same look as over here?

-How can I change the date look at the index page of the latest post? Now the date is too long, I just want to have it like: 02-01-02 19:22

These are pretty newbie php questions I guess, but I just started and hope to get some help. Thank you in advance..
hsim

Post by hsim »

This "extra line" is where Moderators go.
email me: hsim at gmx.li
theFinn
Founder and ex-Contributor

Post by theFinn »

And you can change the datformat in the admin -> general -> configuration section, or in your profile. (Your profile settings take precedence!)
James 'theFinn' Atkinson
Founder & ex-Contributor
http://www.thefinn.net
boffers

Post by boffers »

hsim wrote: This "extra line" is where Moderators go.

Thanks, to both of you. But can you tell me how I can delete this line? Thanks..
AlieXai

Post by AlieXai »

open templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl and replace:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
  <tr> 
	<td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" height="50">{catrow.forumrow.FOLDER}</td>
	<td class="row1" width="100%" height="50"><span class="forumlink"> <a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a><br />
	  </span> <span class="genmed">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC}<br />
	  </span><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.TOPICS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.POSTS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50" nowrap="nowrap"> <span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST}</span></td>
  </tr>
  <!-- END forumrow -->
with

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
  <tr> 
	<td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" height="50">{catrow.forumrow.FOLDER}</td>
	<td class="row1" width="100%" height="50"><span class="forumlink"> <a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a><br />
	  </span> <span class="genmed">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.TOPICS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.POSTS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50" nowrap="nowrap"> <span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST}</span></td>
  </tr>
  <!-- END forumrow -->
However, when you assign moderators to those forums, they wont show (like they do here...).
Last edited by AlieXai on Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boffers

Post by boffers »

+ another question, is it possible that I, as an admin, set a default size for the signature? In my opinion the size of the sig is too big.
AlieXai

Post by AlieXai »

> In my opinion the size of the sig is too big.

Admin Panel -> "General Admin" -> Configuration:

Change "Maximum signature length"... Though, it doesn't affect the size of IMG tags in the users signature (if you allow them).
boffers

Post by boffers »

AlieXai wrote: open templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl and replace:

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
  <tr> 
	  </span> <span class="genmed">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC}<br />
	  </span><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}</span></td>
  </tr>
  <!-- END forumrow -->
with

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
  <tr> 
	  </span> <span class="genmed">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC}</span></td>
  </tr>
  <!-- END forumrow -->
However, when you assign moderators to those forums, they wont show (like they do here...).

Thanks, the line is gone, but still not what I am looking for. The heigth is still the same, you see what I mean at http://www.ajaxside.f2s.com ,
I want to make it smaller.
AlieXai

Post by AlieXai »

My bad, I forgot to change the table height. FTMP, it's pure html. You know how to change table height in html don't you?

If not, then go back and replace that original code with this instead:

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
  <tr> 
	<td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" height="30">{catrow.forumrow.FOLDER}</td>
	<td class="row1" width="100%" height="30"><span class="forumlink"><a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" class="forumlink">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a><br />
	  </span> <span class="genmed">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC}</span>
	</td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="30"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.TOPICS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="30"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.POSTS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="30" nowrap="nowrap"> <span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST}</span></td>
  </tr>
  <!-- END forumrow -->
Table height is set to 30 pixels (e.g. height="30")...
boffers

Post by boffers »

Oh, should have seen that :) Thanks!
And do you also know how to fix the my other question?
boffers

Post by boffers »

AlieXai wrote: > In my opinion the size of the sig is too big.

Admin Panel -> "General Admin" -> Configuration:

Change "Maximum signature length"... Though, it doesn't affect the size of IMG tags in the users signature (if you allow them).

Yes, and that's the thing I want to change..
boffers

Post by boffers »

anyone?
AlieXai

Post by AlieXai »

> How can I change the date look at the index page of the latest post?
> Now the date is too long, I just want to have it like: 02-01-02 19:22?

In index.php, Replace Line 368 With:

$last_post_time = create_date("d-m-y G:i", $forum_rows[$j]['post_time'], $board_config['board_timezone']);
OR, instead, got Admin Panel -> "General Admin" -> Configuration:

Change "Date Format" to: d-m-y G:i
boffers

Post by boffers »

I figured that out :) But I still don't know if it is possible to set a default signature font size, which is smaller than the default font on the board..

Any ideas?
AlieXai

Post by AlieXai »

> But I still don't know if it is possible to set a default signature font size,
> which is smaller than the default font on the board.

Doh, all this time I thought you were talking about the character limit of the signature.... On line 61 of templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl, you could enclose {postrow.SIGNATURE} with the span tag. Ex:

<td colspan="2"><span class="postbody">{postrow.MESSAGE}[b]<span class="gensmall">{postrow.SIGNATURE}</span>[/b]</span><span class="gensmall">{postrow.EDITED_MESSAGE}</span></td>
Or just use an ordinary font tag. The results weren't quite what I expected though. <shrugs>

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”