[BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
blsimpson

Post by blsimpson »

I get a blank white screen, with the PHPBB Admin panel on the left side. No errors. Are there places I should check for the database settings?
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

if you go into phpMyAdmin, what is the full name of your tables in the phpBB database? i.e., xxxxx_wpu_integration. You may want to send me this info by PM.

I must turn in now... 3am here. I'll try to check tomorrow morning. Unfortunately the big undersea cable break caused by the Taiwan quake is seriously messing with my 'net access.

In the meantime, do check out the mod installation stickies at the top of th eforum....
blsimpson

Post by blsimpson »

Well, I have no idea still waht is going on... I have even completly wiped both the directory, and database of all instances of both phpBB and WP-United, and re-installed everything, starting with phpBB, then EasyMOD, then had easyMOD install WP-United, and I am still getting the "The settings could not be saved in the database. Your settings were not saved." when I run the setup wizard, and a blank white page when I try manually setting the settings.

Where else would I look for prolblems?
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Solved: It was MySQL running in 'strict' mode. The Mod has been updated to v0.8.7.2 which fixes the issue.

Download and demo link on the first page!
winterpnz

Post by winterpnz »

Iam install you mod and i have this problems:
1. When i click "WordPress" Blog in phpbb
in main page about 40 warnings in loop:
Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in z:\home\localhost\www\wp-language.php on line 49

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in z:\home\localhost\www\wp-language.php on line 50

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in z:\home\localhost\www\wp-language.php on line 55

2. i cant login/register in WP from phpbb
Iam use 1251 charset in WP and phpbb
wp version 2.05 phpbb 2.0.21

Can you help me?
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

I noticed that a couple of people were asking about WordPressMU. I know in my particular situation that I needed a multi-user blog with phpBB, so I went with LifeType. It works very well, and many templates, and already integrates with phpbb with several ways of offering each member their own blog. Otherwise I would have went with WordPress for sure.
blsimpson

Post by blsimpson »

That was perfect. Thank you so much for the help!

ben
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

winterpnz wrote: Iam install you mod and i have this problems:
1. When i click "WordPress" Blog in phpbb
in main page about 40 warnings in loop:
Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in z:\home\localhost\www\wp-language.php on line 49

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in z:\home\localhost\www\wp-language.php on line 50

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in z:\home\localhost\www\wp-language.php on line 55

2. i cant login/register in WP from phpbb
Iam use 1251 charset in WP and phpbb
wp version 2.05 phpbb 2.0.21

Can you help me?

Any mods or changes to the base WordPress install? Can I look at the site?wp-language.php must be some sort of add-on, right? If you can point me to it, wI will try to support it.
Last edited by Jhong on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Dagon wrote: I noticed that a couple of people were asking about WordPressMU. I know in my particular situation that I needed a multi-user blog with phpBB, so I went with LifeType. It works very well, and many templates, and already integrates with phpbb with several ways of offering each member their own blog. Otherwise I would have went with WordPress for sure.

Thanks---

BTW, I had a look again at wpMu, and I'm not sure what the fixation is...give it a week or so, and my version which allows everyone to have ownership of their own blog, with its own look n' feel, will be ready, without any changes to any WordPress core files I might add!
winterpnz

Post by winterpnz »

Any mods or changes to the base WordPress install?

Yea iam use
1.ANIga gallery
2.Anti Spam Image
3.Role Manager
4.Subscribe To Comments
5.Userextra
6.Usermeta
7.WP-PageNavi
8.WP Paginate
And was attempt to use WphpBB
Can I look at the site?

No cant it is only in my local machine. In web-server i will run when it is will be worked in local

wp-language.php

Code: Select all

<?php

$to_languages = array (

'% comments'=>'% комментариев',
'% responses'=>'% комментариев',
'&laquo; Previous Entries'=>'&laquo; Раньше',
'&laquo; previous page'=>'&laquo; предыдущая страница',
'Next Page &raquo;'=>'Позже &raquo;',
'(more...)'=>'[далее...]',
'(required)'=>'(обязательно)',
'[%1$s] Comment: "%2$s'=>'[%1$s] Комментарий: "%2$s',
'10 Most Commented Post'=>'10 наиболее комментируемых сообщений',
'10 Recent Comments'=>'10 последних комментариев',
'10 Recent Posts'=>'10 последних сообщений',
'Another Random Quote Options'=>'Настройки случайных цитат',
'Another Random Quote'=>'Случайные цитаты',
'at'=>'в',
'author:'=>'Автор:',
'Author'=>'Автор',
'bloged in'=>'Сообщение в',
'by'=>'от',
'Last 15 Posts'=>'Последние 15 сообщений',
'Last Comments'=>'Последние комментарии',
'Last'=>'Последняя',
'leave a reply'=>'Оставьте свой комментарий!',
'Next Entries &raquo;'=>'Позже &raquo;',
'Edit'=>'Редактировать',
'No Responses'=>'Нет отзывов',
'One Response'=>'Один комментарий',
'% Responses'=>'Комментариев: %',
'No Comments'=>'Нет комментариев',
'1 Comment'=>'1 комментарий',
'% Comments'=>'Коментариев: %',

'конец'=>'конец'

);

function tolang($t) {
global $to_languages;
$at=trim($t);
$akey=array_keys($to_languages);
if (in_array( $at, $akey )) {
	$tr=$to_languages[$at]; 
	} else
	{
	$at=strtolower(trim($t)); 
	if (in_array( $at, $akey )) { 
		$tr=$to_languages[$at]; 
		} else
		{
		$tr=$t;
		}
 	}
return $tr;
}

?>
it file include only in wp-config.php

<?php
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress');    // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', 'root');     // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', ''); // ...and password
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');    // 99% chance you won't need to change this value

// You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique prefix
$table_prefix  = 'wp_';   // Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!

define ('WPLANG', '');

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');
require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-language.php');
require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-settings.php');
?>
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

make sure you aren't using wphpbb at the same time as this mod..!

I'm sure I'll need to provide updates for some of those other plugins as well -- if there aere any more problems then feel free to take it to PM or my site.

Right now, plugins that put variables in the global scope might not work. I'll address that in future releases.

for this problem,

open wp-united/wp-integration-class

find

var $globalVarNames = array('wpdb', 'wp', 'wp_rewrite', 'wp_query', 'wp_did_header', 'userdata', 'user_ID', 'table_prefix', 'IN_WORDPRESS');
replace with

var $globalVarNames = array('wpdb', 'wp', 'wp_rewrite', 'wp_query', 'wp_did_header', 'userdata', 'user_ID', 'table_prefix', 'IN_WORDPRESS', 'to_languages');
should do the trick.

Cheers,

John
Last edited by Jhong on Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winterpnz

Post by winterpnz »

No, its update not work. When i insert this code "...IN_WORDPRESS', $to_languages);" there is error:
"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ')' in z:\home\localhost\www\phpbb\wp-united\wp-integration-class.php on line 36"

when "...IN_WORDPRESS', '$to_languages');" //but it is not correct
in loop:

Iam use this wp
http://maxsite.org/download.php?file=ht ... te-org.zip

and update to him http://maxsite.org/download.php?file=ht ... te-org.zip
winterpnz

Post by winterpnz »

KeithFN

Post by KeithFN »

hello.
looks like it is what i need.

some Q for u:

1. users are the same for phpbb and wordpress database? if i am logged in phpbb forum i am logged in wordpress blog?
2. all posts for blog are going to special forum in phpbb forum? and comments too?
3. can i delete forum header somehow or you will prepare update?
4. design. It's not integrated, right? i just want to hear that phpbb will have own design, and blog own too.

anyway great job!

keith
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

KeithFN wrote: hello.
looks like it is what i need.

some Q for u:

1. users are the same for phpbb and wordpress database? if i am logged in phpbb forum i am logged in wordpress blog?
2. all posts for blog are going to special forum in phpbb forum? and comments too?
3. can i delete forum header somehow or you will prepare update?
4. design. It's not integrated, right? i just want to hear that phpbb will have own design, and blog own too.

anyway great job!

keith

1. Yes (if you turn the option on). phpBB manages the user database. You can map phpBB user levels (user|mod|admin) to capabilities (subscriber|author|editor|admin) in WordPress. There's no option to import existing WordPress users into phpBB yet though - so either you'll have to start over with a new WordPress install, or make sure that any existing WordPress user names do not match up with other people's user names in phpBB.

2. No. The posts are not integrated. This will probably come as an "option " in the v1 branch. TBH I would imagine that this would quickly clutter up most forums.. and IMO forum posts are conceptually different material than blog posts. Forum != blog. However, I do plan to implement an option to "send this post to my blog" (or _perhaps_ vice versa) in v1.x. If this is your "must-have" feature, check out wphpbb.

3. You can turn the phpBB header/footer on or off. It's already an option in the Setup Wizard

4. See 3 above. It's up to you. Furthermore, most existing WP templates should work out of the box.
Last edited by Jhong on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”