[BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.9.5 04/06/2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

A v0.8.8 release is imminent - should be ready by the end of next weekend.

This will have the following additional features

- Users can have their own blogs - COMPLETE
- Blog buttons that link directly to users blogs in viewtopic & profile - COMPLETE
- Users can select the template for their blog from among the installed templates - COMPLETE (excited about this one 8) )
- Users can set per-user details for their own blog, such as title & description - IN PROGRESS (50%)
- An updated Setup Wizard that deploys all this without you even having to go into WordPress - IN PROGRESS (80%)

This, together with the v 0.8.9.0 release, is really going to round out the feature set. The aim is that WP-United will (optionally) turn any phpBB community into a fully-featured community blogging site.
AzNBlade001

Post by AzNBlade001 »

wow, this is awesome. :D thanks for putting all your time into something like this.

wordpress 2.1 seems to be coming up in a couple of weeks. do you plan to continue developing for 2.0.x or will you work on it for 2.1? personally, wordpress as it is right now is more than enough for what i need. 8)
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

AzNBlade001 wrote: wow, this is awesome. :D thanks for putting all your time into something like this.

wordpress 2.1 seems to be coming up in a couple of weeks. do you plan to continue developing for 2.0.x or will you work on it for 2.1? personally, wordpress as it is right now is more than enough for what i need. 8)

Thanks! 8)

With any luck, v2.1 should Just Work with this. And the new page features could really help facilitate some cool integration features - but I'm not planning on relying on that yet.

The big decision to take is when to focus the greater part of my energy on phpBB3. I'm hoping to get v1 out first...
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

AzNBlade001 wrote: wow, this is awesome. :D thanks for putting all your time into something like this.

Thanks! 8)

With any luck, v2.1 should Just Work with this. And the new page features could really help facilitate some cool integration features - but I'm not planning on relying on that yet.

The big decision to take is when to focus the greater part of my energy on phpBB3. I'm hoping to get v1 out first...
KeithFN

Post by KeithFN »

1. When i try to create new user on forum i get this:

A duplicate function name has been detected. This is probably due to a heavily modded board. Please visit www.wp-united.com to report the error.1

i have no mods, only yours. maybe i put in smth incorrect

I am creating new account in wordpress - everything is ok. i am logging in - everything is ok. i go on blog and i am not logged in, then i relogin - but on site i am not logged. what is the problem?

3. all new blog users should automaticaly become phpbb users, right?
i am registering to blog - > automaticaly on forum
i am registering to forum -> automaticaly to blog

right?

thx :)
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

KeithFN wrote: 1. When i try to create new user on forum i get this:

A duplicate function name has been detected. This is probably due to a heavily modded board. Please visit www.wp-united.com to report the error.1

i have no mods, only yours. maybe i put in smth incorrect

I am creating new account in wordpress - everything is ok. i am logging in - everything is ok. i go on blog and i am not logged in, then i relogin - but on site i am not logged. what is the problem?

3. all new blog users should automaticaly become phpbb users, right?
i am registering to blog - > automaticaly on forum
i am registering to forum -> automaticaly to blog

right?

thx :)

Hi Keith...

1. That should only be coming up in the most heacvily modded boards. Are you using the latest verison of the mod? Can you PM me your site URL, also? I'll look into it.

2. The WordPress registration / user management is now totally handled by phpBB. In the next version of the package, links to WP's login & registration will be diverted/removed.

3. See above. It works in only the second direction ;) . This is for established phpBB communities who want to integrate WordPress, not vice-versa. So no log-in or registration on the WordPress side required. While you can currently (until the next version) still try to register on the WordPress side, you won't be able to access the integration through the new account -- phpBB detects that you've got a WordPress account with a different name, and shuts off your access, for security.
KeithFN

Post by KeithFN »

thx for reply.

when do you want to remove links to WP' login and registration?
I am open new project soon and is really interested in your mod :)

btw, maybe it's better not to delete links but link it to phpbb? and after registration redirect to blog or forum (depends from enter url)?
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

KeithFN wrote: btw, maybe it's better not to delete links but link it to phpbb? and after registration redirect to blog or forum (depends from enter url)?

That exactlyu what it does. It's already done and will be available in the next release. Hopefully this weekend or shortly thereafter.
Jhong

v0.8.8.0 released!

Post by Jhong »

v0.8.8.0 released!

Massive changes, many new features...

Now, users can have their own blogs, with their own title, description, look and feel.

This is the first of a few releases that will focus on taking WP-United along the path to a true "community blogging" tool.

Feedback much appreciated - let me know if you spot any bugs!
udaman

An error after running WP-united wizzard

Post by udaman »

I got the following error message after finishing the wizzard.
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /saintpal/forum/wp-united/wpu-plugin.php on line 418

The line 418 in the wp-plugin.php shows
$authorID = $wp_query->get_queried_object()->post_author;

I don't know this line actually making that error.

I also can't access the wordpress admin page. It gives the same error message:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in saintpal/forum/wp-united/wpu-plugin.php on line 418
[/quote]
Jhong

Re: An error after running WP-united wizzard

Post by Jhong »

udaman wrote: I got the following error message after finishing the wizzard.
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /saintpal/forum/wp-united/wpu-plugin.php on line 418

The line 418 in the wp-plugin.php shows
$authorID = $wp_query->get_queried_object()->post_author;

I don't know this line actually making that error.

I also can't access the wordpress admin page. It gives the same error message:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in saintpal/forum/wp-united/wpu-plugin.php on line 418

Hi mate...

Well, what can I say... it worked for me in testing! Must be a PHP4 thing...

I'm at work now, so can't test, but this should (hopefully) do the trick:

replace that line 418 with:

Code: Select all

$authorID = $wp_query->get_queried_object()
			$authorID = $authorID->post_author;
You'll need to change another line the same on line 450.

Then you'll need to run through the wizard again.

Hope thi shelps...
rewardstupid

Post by rewardstupid »

Great Mod - just the thing I was looking for. I still have to edit the wordpress template to make it fit in with my phpBB template but apart from that everything seems to work, except...

I've noticed something very odd: When I click on any of the links in my phpBB-integrated blog I end up at my profile on this site! (yes, my phpBB.com forum profile!) Check it out and see if the same happens for you: http://www.thevideoboard.com/rewardstup ... m/blog.php
Any suggestion as to why this is happening?

What I'd also like to be able to do is display the most recent blog entry on my ezPortal page. Is this something I can do by copying part of this mod's code to my portal page or will I need a separate mod?
rewardstupid

Post by rewardstupid »

Edit: Whoops, double-post! :oops:
udaman

Problem again.

Post by udaman »

Your trick worked. TY!

However, I got an another error when I try to run blog.php.
http://www.byudom.com/blog.php/

Template->make_filename(): Error - file blog.tpl does not exist

Blog.tpl is resided in the main php2 directory [/quote]
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

rewardstupid wrote: Great Mod - just the thing I was looking for. I still have to edit the wordpress template to make it fit in with my phpBB template but apart from that everything seems to work, except...

I've noticed something very odd: When I click on any of the links in my phpBB-integrated blog I end up at my profile on this site! (yes, my phpBB.com forum profile!) Check it out and see if the same happens for you: http://www.thevideoboard.com/rewardstup ... m/blog.php
Any suggestion as to why this is happening?

What I'd also like to be able to do is display the most recent blog entry on my ezPortal page. Is this something I can do by copying part of this mod's code to my portal page or will I need a separate mod?

First of all -- very odd.. I can't see the page myself as I'm on the wrong end of the Asian under-sea cable break... I checked through a proxy, and it doesn't look liek the links point to phpBB.com.... but they ain't right.

The Setup Wizard tries to automatically set up some of the WordPress options for you - in particular, the "Blog Address (uri)" in the general options page is set up. Try setting that yourself to point to blog.php, including the full server address (ie, http://www.yoursite.com/rewardstupid/forum/blog.php). The WordPress address should be left unchanged (i.e., pointing to your non-integrated WordPress install).

Better auto-setting of the blog address + two other fixes will be released this evening in v0.8.8.1

Secondly, yes, it's possible to get recent posts on ezPortal, but the method I'm using now on my site is too server-intensive for me to give it out as a mod yet.

I'll definitely release a how-to for doing it soon... in fact, as I've had a few requests dfor it, I'll probably release it in the v0.8.9.0 release!

John

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”