[RC3]Ajax Shoutbox

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
sonath

Post by sonath »

Every now and then I receive errors of the sort:

there has been a javascript error
XML has no properties.
Line 609
ajax.php?m=js

but it doesn't seem to actually cause any problems, other than an annoyance on occasion. I'm using firefox 2.0.0.1, if it matters.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

sonath wrote: Every now and then I receive errors of the sort:

there has been a javascript error
XML has no properties.
Line 609
ajax.php?m=js

but it doesn't seem to actually cause any problems, other than an annoyance on occasion. I'm using firefox 2.0.0.1, if it matters.
That is already fixed in cvs.
jberries

Post by jberries »

I have seen that when you are an admin or mod and the 'X' and 'IP' buttons come up, a page can take ages to load. It come up and says loading 46 items and then it counts down to zero as it loads the 'X' and 'IP' gif files. So in the ajax.php I have had to take out the .gif loading for admins or mods. I just added a condition that would never be true, to prevent the gifs from showing.

Also when these are loading slowly (in Firefox 2) you get a XML error if you click on a forum link, before the page is fully loaded. This might be the same as mentioned above.

PS, I don't know what a CVS is?
Regards
Paul

Post by Paul »

There cannot be more then 20 items on a page, there will be a new page if there are more then 20 messages. IP and DEL buttons are loaded fast (It just set the src of a image, so there is for all images only 1 request needed. Also, the page is builded up in 1 time, not item for item).
Errors are handles on a differen way in the next version, so thats isn't a really big problem.

PS, CVS is a "tool" to archive files. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurrent_Versions_System
Paul

Post by Paul »

Demo site has been updated with the newest CVS. Please test this, this will be the next RC, that will be (probarly) released tomorrow. Report only bugs with full error messages, and please includes your browser/os, thanks.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mod updated to version 0.1.1. Mod is now RC2. Changes:

Code: Select all

## 2007-02-01 - Version 0.1.1
##      -Don't alert error messages longer, just put them in a above span below the box.
##      -Focus message input after sending message.
##      -Modifed sql_error() to include sql query in error message, and also added message_die, for non xml pages(ATM not used ;).
##      -Shout_username column removed from table, because GUEST can never post with this shoutbox, this will be never be included, so column not needed.
##      -Only select user_ip if user is ADMIN or MOD for XML data.
##      -Cleaned up XML data sql query for unneeded fields, and unset unneeded data, for less bandwith.
##      -Added correct encoding for other languages.
##      -added newlines to XML so it is easier to read.
##      -Mod is now RC2
For download see firstpost.

Note: With this new version, it is required that the encoding in the lang file is correctly set. Otherwise, chars will be possible not correctly displayed!
jberries

Post by jberries »

Hey nice work on the latest release.
One thing I have found is that when you put the cursor back in the Post message field, the words "Post Message" are still there, so you have to back space before typing.
Paul

Post by Paul »

jberries wrote: Hey nice work on the latest release.
One thing I have found is that when you put the cursor back in the Post message field, the words "Post Message" are still there, so you have to back space before typing.
Hmm, thats weird. I believe i has thas bug fixed in 0.1.0 :S
jberries

Post by jberries »

paul999 wrote:
jberries wrote:Hey nice work on the latest release.
Hmm, thats weird. I believe i has thas bug fixed in 0.1.0 :S

When I say you, I mean 'you' the coder. You made the fix that after a post the cursor stays in the "Post message" field. Well the second time I post a message, the "Post message" text is there again. Have a look on your test site, its happening there.
Cheers
Paul

Post by Paul »

fixed in cvs.
Krank

Post by Krank »

i love it, i think its gonna be a great.

but just a question, why didn't you umm make it as the regular shoutbox that we see in vBulletin or IPB.... etc?
Paul

Post by Paul »

because i don't know how that shoutbox in VB/IPB or whatever is?
jberries

Post by jberries »

Ok great you fixed the Post message problem, but sorry I've found another one. When you type one message and post it, the text of your previous message hasn't been cleared from the post message field.
Regards
Paul

Post by Paul »

Argh, thats because i has removed the code for the Post message thingie, but offcourse that removing of the old message now doesn't work anymore.
Its fixed in cvs, but hasn't updated the demo yet.
OnurDAGDELEN

Post by OnurDAGDELEN »

Sory for my English...

Please help my problem... I want use Turkish letters...

" ç Ç ö Ö ş Ş ğ Ğ ü Ü ı İ "

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”