[29/11/06] Forum Auth by Post Count

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
56%
Very Good
26%
Good
4%
Fair
4%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 27

Keefy

Post by Keefy »

Thanks for your help drathbun, i did add the code to the index.php, but on looking again i found that they was 2 instances of $forum_data[] = $row; so i have replaced both with your code and now it works :)
shaykana

Forum Post Auth with Simple Subforums

Post by shaykana »

I have the Simple Subforums MOD installed on my forum and have added the Forum Post Auth MOD. It works great. I don't know why others cant get it to work with their Simple Subforum MODs. They must have other MODs interferring.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Well, shaykana, the SSF MOD adds some new queries and loops. If you want to be 100%, there are a few extra lines that you should do with this MOD to protect your subforums using the same controls. :-) It's going to be a while before I will have time to write it up, but I do think there are some extra steps that should be done...
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
mishu007

Post by mishu007 »

lets see is it working or not......
FREE GRE GMAT TOEFL MATERIAL ---> http://18411.rapidforum.com
JulieJesta

Help! interesting debug message?

Post by JulieJesta »

i never saw this until i installed your mod today....

Code: Select all

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'BY p.post_id ASC' at line 5

SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments, f.min_posts_to_view, f.max_posts_to_view, COUNT(p2.post_id) AS prev_posts FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2 WHERE p.post_id = 28846 AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND p2.topic_id = p.topic_id AND p2.post_id <= 28846 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id GROUP BY p.post_id, t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments , f.min_posts_to_view, f.max_posts_to_viewORDER BY p.post_id ASC

Line : 156
File : viewtopic.php
this shows up after posting a message... when you get the "view your topic, or return to index" links option. if you click view post... you get this. if you wait it auto goes to the message you posted,. so showing the message anyway.
but if you look at the topic directly, no errors. by that i mean, go to index, then the correct forum, and it all shows up ok. tres bizzare.
it doesnt show this message if you "search" or view previous posts via a public profile either. please tell me how i can fix this? anyone???
Julie, Mum to 1 boy, 1 boyfriend, and many fluffy pets. :)
http://www.parentstime.co.uk
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

f.max_posts_to_viewORDER BY 
You need a space between "view" and "ORDER" in the above code. Should be:

f.max_posts_to_view ORDER BY 
That is a tough part of the install, since the space is important.
JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

this was run via easy mod, so somewhere in the file there must be a typo. can you give me a clue where i need to look within my ftp folders to add this one critial space? could take hours to track one typo, i dont understand coding well. i'm kinda teaching myself as i go. :)

which file name, or names possibly do i look in. would it be near the top, or bottom. sorry, but i'm a bit thick on mods. thanks!
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

I don't use EasyMOD. :-) It doesn't always handle spaces correctly. Here are the exact instructions for that part of the MOD:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]-------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]-------------------------------------
# On or about line 147; find text might not be a complete line
#
ORDER BY p.post_id

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]-------------------------------------
#
ORDER BY p.post_id

#
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]-------------------------------------
# Special Instructions: There is a space at the end of this
# line that needs to be included
#
, f.min_posts_to_view, f.max_posts_to_view 
So the file you need to edit is viewtopic.php. If you search for the code I highlighted earlier "f.max_posts_to_viewORDER BY" and insert a space so that it looks like this:

f.max_posts_to_view ORDER BY 
you will be fine. My understanding is that the MOD Team validates with EasyMOD, so I'm not sure why it would work in some cases and not others. Perhaps you need to check and see that your version of EasyMOD is up to date.
Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

I installed this MOD, and I then posted a topic, and got this error:

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'BY p.post_id ASC' at line 5

SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_description, t.topic_descmod, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments, f.min_posts_to_view, f.max_posts_to_view, COUNT(p2.post_id) AS prev_posts FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2 WHERE p.post_id = 3 AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND p2.topic_id = p.topic_id AND p2.post_id <= 3 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id GROUP BY p.post_id, t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments , f.min_posts_to_view, f.max_posts_to_viewORDER BY p.post_id ASC

Line : 163
File : viewtopic.php
Can ya help?

- Poomie

[edit]Scrap that. I read again through this thread.[/edit]
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

@Poomerio, yes, you have the same issue as an earlier poster. When I get the time, I am going to reword the installation instructions as the trailing space is going to be a problem for more folks, I can tell.
JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

thanks drathburn. works great after locating that missing "space" :)

great mod. i'm impressed, thanks
net83it

Post by net83it »

drathbun wrote: Image

hi

sorry for my bad english. i hope you understand me

by seeing that pic i believed that this mod allowed to hide/unhide forums (on index) to user without the posts requiriment. instead this mod always hides the forums to users don't satisfy the post requirment.

there is a way to set on per forum basis the option to be visible or not on index?

othervise, which is the mod that add the "visible on index" checkbox?

what i want.
i want that users without post requirment can't read the forum but i want the option to allow them to see that particular forum on index.

is it possible? any idea to do it?

thank you
Last edited by net83it on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
net83it

Post by net83it »

net83it wrote: great mod.

is this mod compatible with pentapenguin simple-subforum mod?

thank you

it seem it's compatible. i've just installed on my local phpbb with pentapenguin simple-subforum mod and, at the momenti, i have NO problems :)
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

net83it wrote: by seeing that pic i believed that this mod allowed to hide/unhide forums (on index) to user without the posts requiriment. instead this mod always hides the forums to users don't satisfy the post requirment.

there is a way to set on per forum basis the option to be visible or not on index?

Please read the entire topic, your question has already been answered. :-)

It is not part of this MOD.
net83it

Post by net83it »

drathbun wrote:

It is not part of this MOD.

ok. but that mod is available somewhere? if yes, could ypu say me its name?

thank you

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”