Deleting Users - better way?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Colliope

Deleting Users - better way?

Post by Colliope »

The only way I can find to delete a user is to go to "User Admin", "Management", type the name in, click "Look up user", then delete. :(

I've just discovered 25 fake/spam users that signed up in the last week or so. PLEASE tell me there's a more efficient way to delete users?

C
(version 2.0.19)
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil »

First off, upgrade. While it won't help you with this particular issue, you're exposing yourself to security risks.

As for your question, try the admin toolkit
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

And if you prevent their registering, you don't have to delete them.

Preventing SPAM - Bots and Humans
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

A very nice MOD for this purpose is Prune User Posts. Installing it consists of uploading three files to your server and there´s no editing involved.
Colliope

Post by Colliope »

iWisdom wrote: As for your question, try the admin toolkit

I uploaded the file and edited it as directed for my passwords. However, when I access the toolkit.php from my browser and enter my pw to log in, I get

Your browser must be set to accept cookies from the www.my domain.com to use the PHPBB Admin ToolKit.
Please enable your cookies and try again.

In your browser, goto Tools -> Options -> Privacy.
Then either set the cookie permissions to Allow or set the cookie permissions for www.keangenes.com to Allow.
(Note: Depending on the browser, the settings may be in a slightly different location.)

I added my domain to the list and set to "Always Allow". Still getting message. Then I cleared my cookies and history - still getting the above message.

?

C
Colliope

Post by Colliope »

Dogs and things wrote: A very nice MOD for this purpose is Prune User Posts. Installing it consists of uploading three files to your server and there´s no editing involved.

Thanks, I read thru that thread but that tool seems to be for pruning posts, no mention of using it to delete users.

C
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

It does give you the possibility to prune user(s), post(s), user(s) and post(s).

Code: Select all

## MOD Description: This is an admin module for your Administration Panel. It is a very
##					Advanced version of the pruning tool available in phpBB. You can prune
##					forums based on users (all or individuals), groups, IPs (ranges, specific,
##					banned), Guests and more.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

You need to get the latest version, 2.1a. That was fixed. Go here:

http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Colliope

Post by Colliope »

A very nice MOD for this purpose is Prune User Posts. Installing it consists of uploading three files to your server and there´s no editing involved.

I downloaded it and the Install text file says copy

admin/admin_prune_user_posts.php to admin/admin_prune_user_posts.php

templates/subSilver/admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl

anguage/lang_english/lang_prune_user_posts.php to language/lang_english/lang_prune_user_posts.php

which I did. But I am getting this error message

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl does not exist

when I click the new prune option in the Admin panel.

Is it possible the install txt instructions are wrong about where the tpl file is supposed to go?
Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory »

Colliope wrote: Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl does not exist

when I click the new prune option in the Admin panel.

Is it possible the install txt instructions are wrong about where the tpl file is supposed to go?

And does it exist in that location? It looks like you need to upload it, from your machine, from the mod you downloaded, to the server.
rvmomma

Post by rvmomma »

it will go into the templates/yourstyle/admin folder, not the main admin folder.
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

templates/subSilver/admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl and to all other templates that you use not just subSilver

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
Colliope

Post by Colliope »

stevemaury wrote: You need to get the latest version, 2.1a. That was fixed. Go here:

http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175

Deleted the first install, downloaded 2.1a, and it worked just fine. Extra users deleted. Thankyou!

C
Colliope

Post by Colliope »

Funk Theory wrote: And does it exist in that location?

Yes.
Colliope

Post by Colliope »

Jim_UK wrote: templates/subSilver/admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/admin_prune_user_posts.tpl and to all other templates that you use not just subSilver

Jim

AH!! Important directions there. Wonder why that wasn't stated in the directions. Now that I have successfully installed the Toolkit, is it safe to continue trying to get this Prune tool running too?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”