Birthdays

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
17%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 228

sharonspsp

Re: Birthdays

Post by sharonspsp »

I'm really nervous about easyMod. I guess I'm a natural born skeptic. I haven't downloaded easyMod yet because (correct me if i'm wrong) the way I install these mods is I first make a backup of all the files that need to be edited. Then I edit the files and upload them to the server. If it works Yipeee :lol: if it doesn't I can upload the backups. Basically what I"m asking is does EasyMod allow you to go back to the way it was before you installed the mod?

Thanks again for your response, its really quite helpful
sharonspsp

Post by sharonspsp »

ALso, do you have to install EasyMod to your server?
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

You do indeed have to install EasyMOD, however, the process of doing so is a lot easier then installing a MOD like this. All you do is enter your FTP information and a few other things and EasyMOD will do the rest (it only modifies one file and does some SQL, iirc).

To address your other concerns.. EasyMOD makes backups (and places them in the admin/mods/mod_name/backup directory) every time it installs. If, in the unlikely event that an installation goes wrong, you can always restore it from there.

Also, it's been my observation that most installations that go wrong are because people just didn't install the MOD correctly. They did an AFTER, ADD instead of a BEFORE, ADD, or whatever. EasyMOD makes this impossible. Problems can still arise, but they'll be that much less likely to...
sharonspsp

Post by sharonspsp »

wonderful thank you very much for this helpful information!!!
sharonspsp

Post by sharonspsp »

When I extract the Birthday Mod zip file it gives me a bunch of .txt files a .mod file and about 5 more .zip files and one .php file

Do i have to extract all the zip files into a folder before running easyMod? Sorry i know this seems like a stupid question but I didn't see any how-to files.

Thanks
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

sharonspsp wrote: When I extract the Birthday Mod zip file it gives me a bunch of .txt files a .mod file and about 5 more .zip files and one .php file

Do i have to extract all the zip files into a folder before running easyMod? Sorry i know this seems like a stupid question but I didn't see any how-to files.

Thanks

Just unzip it, preserving the directory structure, into the admin/mods directory.

The following URL elaborates on how to install MODs, in general:

http://easymod.sourceforge.net/readme/#g_faq_mod_inst
sharonspsp

Post by sharonspsp »

Ok unzip it but what about the 5 .zip files that are inside the main zip file? there was no directories either when I unzipped it.Here's a shot of my folder
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Sounds like you downloaded birthdays_mods.zip - not birthdays.zip. The former contains mods to this mod - the latter actually contains the mod, itself.
stinkie

Post by stinkie »

Hi TerraFrost, the fix for this might be out but I did not see it in my searches of this topic. When I click on profile to edit it or when someone goes to sign up we get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: birthday_interface() in /home/content/v/f/l/vfleming/html/forum/includes/usercp_register.php on line 1296

What I have done of late is upgraded to 2.0.22 phpbb. I verified with other members in the 2.0.x Support Forums and I was told it most likely had to do with this mod and the .22 upgrade.

Anything?

Thank you,
Vince
My sites: http://www.cigarbeat.net - Cigar forum (NOW PHPBB!)
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

function birthday_interface is called within includes/template.php...so I would start with that.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
stinkie

Post by stinkie »

I'm still a little slow picking up PHP, could you suggest what to look for?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Download this mod and read the instructions for installing it onto your forum. All you need to know will be in those files. Look for the code changes that are done to includes/template.php and ensure that they are also done to your own includes/template.php file.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
rgponce

Post by rgponce »

TerraFrost wrote: bonelifer - glad to hear that it's now working! :)

rpgonce - from your lang_admin.php file:

Code: Select all

$lang['bday_require_explain'] = 'O ano de nascimento será exigido somente se " Exigir data do Aniversário'" for selecionado';
replace that with this:

Code: Select all

$lang['bday_require_explain'] = 'O ano de nascimento será exigido somente se " Exigir data do Aniversário\'" for selecionado';
Did you write that translation, yourself, or did you download it from my website? If the latter, let me know, and I'll update the translation thing (I don't actively test translations...)

the translation that i used it´s for the first birthdays mod i take in http://www.suportephpbb.org and the upgrade's translation it's mine.
thanks, my acp its working in portuguese :D now
stinkie

Post by stinkie »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Download this mod and read the instructions for installing it onto your forum. All you need to know will be in those files. Look for the code changes that are done to includes/template.php and ensure that they are also done to your own includes/template.php file.

I will check the code, I just didn't know if the code was updated. I will look it over and see what I find.

Thanks
stinkie

Post by stinkie »

Getting a
Oopsies… what you have requested is gone!

I’m only a computer server and can only give you what I’ve got. I’ve searched and search and searched, yet there was no document of this name. So as they say… “this page is an ex-parrot”, perhaps you should use the search?

error when I try to download it.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”