can't "escape" user control panel

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Seibertron

can't "escape" user control panel

Post by Seibertron »

I successfully setup an installing of phpBB3 today on my Windows apache2triad/php5/mysql5 environment. Everything was working great until I edited my user account through the user control panel. Up until that point, I had been able to go between the ACP and the front end just fine. I had made a couple of test posts ... everything seemed perfect. However, after I made some changes to my avatar, signature and user settings in the user control panel, I attempted to go back to the forums and I ran into an interesting problem. No matter what link I click on now (whether it's the primary phpBB logo in the top left hand corner of the page), the links in the top right hand corner of the page (FAQ, Search, Members, User Control Panel) or the "Board Index" link in the bottom left hand corner of the page ... they all return me back to the main user control panel page at /ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details (the proper url in my development environment on my laptop is: http://phpbb3/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=re ... 90e4513853). I can navigate back to the ACP without encountering problems. Any suggestions? I haven't even looked at the phpbb3 code yet. I did skim through some of the posts in this forum to see if anyone was having this issue as well.
Seibertron.com
http://www.seibertron.com
The Ultimate Transformers Fansite
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Re: can't "escape" user control panel

Post by pentapenguin »

What version are you using?
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.
Seibertron

Post by Seibertron »

pentapenguin wrote: What version are you using?

phpBB-3.0.B5
Seibertron.com
Seibertron

Post by Seibertron »

DOH! I just figured out what was the problem.
phpbb3 wrote: Before you may continue browsing the board you are required to change your password

That message should stand out significantly. I didn't even realize that error was on the screen because it's such a smaller font. No warning symbol, no red text, not bold, etc. I turned on the option in the admin control panel yesterday that requires the user to change their password.
Seibertron.com
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Seibertron wrote: DOH! I just figured out what was the problem.
phpbb3 wrote: Before you may continue browsing the board you are required to change your password

That message should stand out significantly. I didn't even realize that error was on the screen because it's such a smaller font. No warning symbol, no red text, not bold, etc. I turned on the option in the admin control panel yesterday that requires the user to change their password.

While technically not a bug, that does seem like a design/presentation problem so report it to the bug tracker provided it hasn't already been reported....
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”