[2.0.21] User Shield

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
79%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 66

Wo1f

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Wo1f »

HappyHillbilly wrote: I'll probably be pulling out what little hair I have left in a few days, when I go to install the MODS. It's a comfort to know that there are so many wonderful people like you here that's so willing to help and devote so much time in MODS, so freely.

And thank you for the kind words HH. If you have any questions before you proceed, you know where to find me. Good luck to you. ;)

Best regards,
Wolf
lanela

Post by lanela »

Hi, i'm installing your mod through easyMod and this is the error i encountered:

Critical Error
FIND FAILED: In file [memberlist.php] could not find:
WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;

These are the stats:
Files Edited: 2
Commands Processed: 30

I''ve installed admin userlist and anti-spam cp on my board beforehand.

the line in my memberlist.php where it should be looks like this:

$sql = "SELECT count(*) AS total
FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . $as_sql;
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Hi lanela,

Which version of "Anti_Spam ACP" (by Exreaction) are you using? If memory serves me right, any version prior to v2.08 is not compatible with User Shield. I believe Exreaction did correct this in his latest version.

As for EasyMOD not finding that line, it's because of "Anti-Spam ACP's" edit to that same line. Here's how I would manually integrate User Shield's edit on that same line.

Code: Select all

if ( $mode != 'topten' || $board_config['topics_per_page'] < 10 )
{
	$sql = "SELECT count(*) AS total
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
		WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " $hide_inactive_on $as_sql";
// User Stealth mod - added  $hide_inactive_on above

This also means that you will have to remove this code snippet from User Shield's installation template before you run it through EasyMOD again.

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
#
		WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " $hide_inactive_on";
// User Stealth mod - added  $hide_inactive_on above

Hope this is helpful. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Best regards,
Wolf ;)
lanela

Post by lanela »

Thanks Wolf,

It did helped, but i had the same problem with the same line in the includes/function.php file so i deleted:

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
includes/functions.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
#
				WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " $hide_inactive_on ";
// User Stealth mod - added $hide_inactive_on above
from the User Shield's installation template and tried to integrate it manually but when i did, all i got was a white blank page. So right now i completed the mod without modifying the above line and it seems to be working fine, i just don't know how important this is.

Thanks so much once again, please tell me i didn't mess up so much. :? :D
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Wo1f wrote: Which version of "Anti_Spam ACP" (by Exreaction) are you using? If memory serves me right, any version prior to v2.08 is not compatible with User Shield. I believe Exreaction did correct this in his latest version.

As for "functions.php", if you leave that particular edit out of the equation, you're going to end up with the wrong number of declared registered users in the "Who's Online" table on the Index page. Since your members do not see "non-activated" members, there will be a discrepency between the memberlist total and the "Who's Online" table total. This wil put into question the accuracy of your memberlist as far as your members are concerned. I don't see this as a "positive" thing, if you know what I mean. ;)

If you post what you currently have in your "functions.php" file, like you did above for "memberlist.php' then I can take a look at it and see if it can be done.
RobinL

Post by RobinL »

I have an interesting problem... My boss recently upgrated to the latest release of php, which seems to have wiped out our MODs. Not a huge problem, but after reinstalling User Shield, I get this displayed on my index page:

We have 192 registered users and 0 non-active registered users and 0 non-active registered users

How do I fix that? :oops:
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Hi RobinL,
RobinL wrote: after reinstalling User Shield, I get this displayed on my index page:

We have 192 registered users and 0 non-active registered users and 0 non-active registered users

The file you should take a look at is --> "templates/yourTemplate/index_body.tpl", and more specifically this code snippet:
index_body.tpl wrote: {TOTAL_POSTS}<br />{TOTAL_USERS}{NON_ACTIVATED_FOR_ADMIN}<br />{NEWEST_USER}</span>

Make sure that their is only 1 instance of "{NON_ACTIVATED_FOR_ADMIN}". According to your description, this should take care of it.

Let me know.

Best regards,
Wolf
RobinL

Post by RobinL »

*Excellent*!!! All fixed! Thank very much.

:) R
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

You're very welcome and good luck to you!

Best regards,
Wolf ;)
TSProductions

Post by TSProductions »

Hi Wo1f,
I noticed that User Shield is good for phpBB 2.0.22 and that another user just recently installed it on version 2.0.19 Is there any reason that it would'nt work on version 2.0.20? I have been searching through as many posts as I can for an answer to the point that it's all getting blurry. I really don't want to upgrade and loose my mods already installed or go throught reinstalling. My web site developer tried to install the User Shield mod today, didn't get any errors (that he mentioned) but can't seem to see it anywhere (ACP or memberslist drop down). Any help or suggestions would be fantastic.

Thanks
lanela

Post by lanela »

Hi Wolf,
Thanks for the help, sorry i wasnt able to reply promptly. I opted to uninstall anti-spam acp and reinstall the whole board. Now i only have user shield, invitations only and userlist. Seems to be working well together.

Thanks again,
lanela
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Hi TSProductions,
TSProductions wrote: Is there any reason that it would'nt work on version 2.0.20?

Not that I'm aware of.
TSProductions wrote: I really don't want to upgrade and loose my mods already installed or go throught reinstalling.

I can understand your predicament. On the other hand, you have to realise that keeping your phpBB board up-to-date is crucial for security reasons. With a proper database backup (including any and all tables created by MODs) and a forum backup, there is no justifiable reasons to remain out of date as you are. Are you familiar with the "Code Changes" package to help you retain your installed MODs while updating to the most recent phpBB version?
TSProductions wrote: My web site developer tried to install the User Shield mod today, didn't get any errors (that he mentioned) but can't seem to see it anywhere (ACP or memberslist drop down). Any help or suggestions would be fantastic.
Was the installation done manually? Was the required database update done? If you take a look at the 3rd post on the 1st page, there are screencaptures as to what you should visually expect when User Shield is installed, logged in as an admin. and as a user. What's missing versus your installation?

Let me know about the above and we'll take it from there.

Best regards,
Wolf
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

lanela wrote: I opted to uninstall anti-spam acp and reinstall the whole board. Now i only have user shield, invitations only and userlist. Seems to be working well together.

I'm glad things are working out for you. Thanks for letting me know. ;)

Best regards,
Wolf
TSProductions

Post by TSProductions »

[/quote]
Are you familiar with the "Code Changes" package to help you retain your installed MODs while updating to the most recent phpBB version?

My web guy is not sure about it? He mentioned that my forum is on a Lynux based server, we don't have access to the root files. Is this a problem?

[/quote] Was the installation done manually? Was the required database update done? If you take a look at the 3rd post on the 1st page, there are screencaptures as to what you should visually expect when User Shield is installed, logged in as an admin. and as a user. What's missing versus your installation?

Yes he did it manually. He said he couldn't find a way to do a database update. Also none of the screen shot features in the 3rd post appear on my installation.

I think at this point with my very limited php understanding, I will have my web guy take over this thread.

Thanks for helping,

TSP
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

TSProductions wrote: My web guy is not sure about it? He mentioned that my forum is on a Lynux based server, we don't have access to the root files. Is this a problem?

No... as long as your host offers a database management utility such as "phpMyAdmin". Is this your case?

TSProductions wrote: Yes he did it manually. He said he couldn't find a way to do a database update. Also none of the screen shot features in the 3rd post appear on my installation.

If the database update was not done, then it's normal not to see any changes even though User Shield is installed properly. The database update takes only a few seconds, once you know what to do.
a post in this thread wrote:
  • Database update
    1. You can execute the required database update by copying the code in the "SQL" action at the top of the installation file, and pasting it in an "sql execution window" offered by such database console utilities as phpMyAdmin.

or...
    2. If you are using a MySQL database, then you can use the database updater file (as explained in the [DIY INSTRUCTIONS] action at the end of the installation template)
      1. You will need to create the "install" folder off the root of your forum such as: yourforum_root/install
      2. Upload (copy) "update_config_v1_x_x.php" to the newly created "install" folder on your server
      3. Then, run the file in your browser URL field such as:

http://www.yoursite.com/yourforum_root/install/update_config_v1_x_x.php
      4. Once done a message confirming a successful update will be displayed along with a reminder to delete the "install" folder including it's content, before returning to your board. If an error message is displayed, you must note down (a screen capture is good) the error message content and post this information in User Shield's release thread.

If you are still unsure on how to proceed, let me know what your concerns are.

Best regards,
Wolf

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”