[DEV] My Profile Space

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Jadestone

[DEV] My Profile Space

Post by Jadestone » Fri May 25, 2007 3:36 pm

MOD Title: My Profile Space (MPS)
MOD Description: A Myspace-like community MOD
MOD Version: DEV

Demo Board: http://mpsmod.com
Demo Username: test
Demo Password: test

Demo Board is the phpbb 2 demo, phpbb 3 will have a demo at a later month

I will be continuing my development of MPS for phpBB 3.0. There is no set date yet for a release, i plan to have MPS more stable for its alpha release than what it was for phpbb 2.0.

I will post more info later as to what the full features will be. Any ideas or suggestions are always welcomed.

~Jade
Last edited by Jadestone on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

Lawofthesnake

Re: DEV My Profile Space

Post by Lawofthesnake » Fri May 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Woot you rock XD

WillSWC

Post by WillSWC » Sat May 26, 2007 3:01 am

Looks great. I can't wait to see how it looks. If you'd like a hand with it I'd be happy to help.
House burnt down, wife left, dog's dead, truck broke down and the shotgun's outta ammo.
- A summery of County Music by WillSWC

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Sat May 26, 2007 4:16 pm

I know mps is at version 4. Are you now gonna concentrate on mps for phpbb3?

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon » Sun May 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Integrate MPS Groups with PHPBB3 Usergroups. Use phpbb forums in MPS groups instead of a bulletin. Why create a seperate Groups for mps when there is already a phpbb usergroups. It'll be this way, allow members to create phpbb groups, upon creation of group, new forum will be created for that group and moderator assigned (group creator) for that forum. Ability for the group leader if group forum is public or for group members only. Ability for the group leader if group membership is open, request or closed.

:)

DoctorWombat

Post by DoctorWombat » Sun May 27, 2007 5:18 pm

This mod rocks!

jerx

Post by jerx » Mon May 28, 2007 1:45 pm

hp_solomon wrote:Integrate MPS Groups with PHPBB3 Usergroups. Use phpbb forums in MPS groups instead of a bulletin. Why create a seperate Groups for mps when there is already a phpbb usergroups. It'll be this way, allow members to create phpbb groups, upon creation of group, new forum will be created for that group and moderator assigned (group creator) for that forum. Ability for the group leader if group forum is public or for group members only. Ability for the group leader if group membership is open, request or closed.

I think this should stay seperated. I want to use the member phpbb member groups to grant users of a higher rank more features. Some admins might also want to charge for some features.

When I have understood mps groups correctly, it is for grouping members with similar interests. Users can join the groups immediately (public group) or have to apply for membership (private). There might be another sort of group - invite only. New users can only join, if they have received an invitation.

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon » Mon May 28, 2007 6:34 pm

jerx wrote:
hp_solomon wrote:Integrate MPS Groups with PHPBB3 Usergroups. Use phpbb forums in MPS groups instead of a bulletin. Why create a seperate Groups for mps when there is already a phpbb usergroups. It'll be this way, allow members to create phpbb groups, upon creation of group, new forum will be created for that group and moderator assigned (group creator) for that forum. Ability for the group leader if group forum is public or for group members only. Ability for the group leader if group membership is open, request or closed.

I think this should stay seperated. I want to use the member phpbb member groups to grant users of a higher rank more features. Some admins might also want to charge for some features.

When I have understood mpsgroups correctly, it is for grouping members with similar interests. Users can join the groups immediately (public group) or have to apply for membership (private). There might be another sort of group - invite only. New users can only join, if they have received an invitation.
If your going to create a forum for that group, it should be phpbb usergroup. Forums are based in usergroups, you can't assign mps groups to post in forums but phpbb usergroups. Modify the phpbb usergroups to have categories based on interests. Create a phpbbusergroup for that clan and automatically creates a forum that will be used by the usergroup/clan.

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone » Tue May 29, 2007 4:59 pm

To answer a few questions.

I plan to continue support and development for phpbb2 as well as phpbb3. I will release an alpha of the new MPS for phpbb3 once i get it further developed than the current status of MPS right now. The development for both MPS versions are on hold because my comp got fried... so until i get my new motherboard and power supply all development is on hold... i can't even fix the bug in v.0.4.0 right now because i don't have the tools to work on it right now. I`m using a friends computer just to try to let people know that i did not abandon the MOD. thats why v.0.4.0 has not been released yet and if you go to my forums you can see that the top friends list is the only bug with this. Its a bug that has been giving me trouble because its something so small and i seem to be overlooking it. Once i get my computer up and running again i can debug the script and finally get it released.... To get off of the phpbb2 version of MPS lets talk about the usergroups...

no matter which way i decide to do the groups someone is not going to be happy... i can't please you all. With that in mind. How i plan to do the groups for the future of MPS is still undecided. i plan to play with both ways... i am far from happy with the status of the groups as they stand right now. I find them to be dull and a useless feature in MPS at their current progress... they will be getting a full recode. In fact MPS is getting fully recoded to perform much smoother and less buggy... I am still trying to make MPS do as little code changes to phpbb3 as possible... there will be one thing that i find to be a major pain... the friends section of phpbb3 i do not like it... More info on that at a later date...

Well i got to get back to work, i`ll post more info later, hopefully my comp will get fixed soon so this can all pick up again and i can give support like i use to... for now i am sorry but i just don't have access to the internet that much and i am a very busy person ;)
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon » Wed May 30, 2007 4:18 pm

Thanks Jadestone. Everyone's upgrading to phpbbb3, why not focus for phpbb3 so it'll be easier for you. Let's face it, phpbb2 will become obsolete. Bye-bye to phpbb2 and hello to phpbb3. :)

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Wed May 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Though you have the correct topic prefix, please put brackets around it, so the topic title will be [DEV] My Profile Space. ;-)
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Youvan

Post by Youvan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:06 pm

hp_solomon wrote:Thanks Jadestone. Everyone's upgrading to phpbbb3, why not focus for phpbb3 so it'll be easier for you. Let's face it, phpbb2 will become obsolete. Bye-bye to phpbb2 and hello to phpbb3. :)
there is nothing more to say!
I see I'm note the only PHPBB3-User who cannot await the first stable 1.0 Version of this mod! :D

question:
Will there be an integrated mp3 - or whatever - mediaplayer on the "myspace-clone-nickpage"?
8-)

boardhopper

Re: [DEV] My Profile Space

Post by boardhopper » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:30 pm

I too am looking forward to using this mod.

Xabi

Post by Xabi » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:41 pm

I'm very interested in this mod. Please contact me with a PM to talk about a possible donation to stimulate its development.

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:23 pm

Demo Board is the phpbb 2 demo, phpbb 3 will have a demo at a later month
Any demos available now? I'm very excited. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”