Thanks SHS`

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
SamG
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Graf

Re: Thanks SHS`

Post by SamG »

camm15h wrote:Well, it would be very unfair not to dedicate a thankyou topic to someone who has helped so so much with everything phpBB…
Indeed. Jon's contributions to and work for phpBB and its community of users are wide ranging, probably more so than any other single individual associated with the project.

So, Jon, best to you in the years to come. I sincerely hope they are as generous to you as you've been to phpBB.
CardsFanInChiTown

Post by CardsFanInChiTown »

Thank you for all your hard work. You will be missed!
boardhopper

Post by boardhopper »

Bummer for us. Jon, thanks for all the hard work and everything that you have done. Long live phpBB!!
Janmarques

Post by Janmarques »

Thanks Jon, you did great!
whozyodaddy

Post by whozyodaddy »

Huge thanks to SHS!!!!!!!!! :D
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Indeed... Thanks a lot, SHS`, for all of the blood, tears, and sweat you put into phpBB over these amazing 5 years. Truly amazing. We'll miss you. Too bad we won't have a Bertie-herder anymore. :( I suppose Bertiezilla won't be feeding our server honey anymore.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

I'd like to publicly add my thanks as well to SHS`. He did a marvelous job holding this project together and he will be missed! Good luck in life, Jon! :D
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.
Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

I, too, thank you.
Roberdin
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

Cheers to SHS`!
Stop by for a visit sometimes 'kay? :D
Anime Revolution - Your new #1 source for All things anime and manga!
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

Cross-posted from my podcast blog, because I thought it would be appropriate:
I wrote:Well, it was announced this morning that the other shoe dropped. The other phpBB Project Manager Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley, who was originally the Moderator Team Leader and in late 2005 promoted to his current position, has today stepped down. Although theFinn was the one who got phpBB started, Jon was the one who really kept the behind the scenes of phpBB strong. Every time the website or server needed to be rebuilt, SHS` was the one working on it, and he wouldn’t stop until it was done. (dhn mentioned how he spent 14 hour days during the March 2007 server outage.) I’ve seen him on IRC sometimes when he hadn’t slept for 50 hours because of working on the servers! I have no idea how he could do that.

All of the advertising on the site has been made possible by him. Many of the language packs and corrections in phpBB3 have been made possible by him. If it wasn’t for him, Bertie Bear wouldn’t exist (which depending on some people’s opinion may be a good thing or bad thing). And I’ll never forget this little morsel. And, as dhn said, SHS` was responsible for some other plans that we’ll hear about soon…

So goodbye SHS`, and thanks for all you’ve done for phpBB. You really are deserving of that custom rank which says “Kidnapped by Bertie!” :P

But now, with both of the Project Managers disappearing in the timespan of a month, I’m sure that there might be some people wondering if phpBB is coming to an end. The answer: absolutely not. Don’t compare this to captians leaving a sinking ship because the ship is not sinking. phpBB is an all-volunteer project, and in the case of SHS`, he’s been spending more time on phpBB than a full-time job would require.

phpBB still has 42 energized and excellent team members behind it. The only difference will be in the leadership: all of the decisions on which direction to take phpBB will be made collectively by the 7 team leaders. phpBB is still running strong, and will continue to run strong through the final release of phpBB3 and beyond.

Also, dhn hinted that an announcement saying “A return” would be coming in the next few days, which means that somebody might be coming back. As for who it is, I’m actually placing my bets on psoTFX…
Thanks SHS`, we'll all miss you!
bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 »

Thanks for the efforts you put into this software, you will be missed :(
Peatminers

Post by Peatminers »

SHS`, thanks for a small end-user as well. The first time I got stuck with installing you helped out, so I'm sure you'll be missed by many, including me.
yexusbeliever

Thanks SHS!

Post by yexusbeliever »

I just wanna give a shoutout thank you to Jonathan Stanley aka SHS! Thank you for your long years of dedication to phpBB!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Thanks SHS!

Post by KevC »

-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Thanks SHS!

Post by karlsemple »

As above, we already have a topic specifically for giving thanks to SHS and all that he did for the project :) Please feel free to post there

Return to “phpBB Discussion”