[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Jhong

[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Post by Jhong »

MOD Title: WP-United -- phpBB WordPress Integration

WP-United integrates phpBB and WordPress to make a social site. Enable any of these modules: sign-on, theming, widgets, cross-posting and behaviour.

Please visit http://www.wp-united.com for more information, or for support.

MOD Requirements
  • WordPress 3.4 or later
  • PHP 5

MOD Description:

• User integration: including single sign-on, synchronised profiles and avatars, and user management. Works with external registration modules such as social login plugins. Users in phpBB get accounts in WordPress and vice versa. Completely controllable and customisable by setting permissions for who can integrate and at what level, using a unique drag-and-drop interface.
  • Template integration: Have your phpBB forum appear inside your WordPress site. Or vice-versa; integrate your WordPress blog appear inside your phpBB header and footer. Includes a "one-click" mode that analyses your theme's CSS and modifies it on the fly to avoid CSS and HTML conflicts. This is no iFrame solution, it is a complete and automatic template integration.
  • Behaviour integration: Use phpBB smilies and word censor features in WordPress
  • Cross-posting: Post something in WordPress and have it cross-posted to your forum -- Automatically or manually, you choose! Once an item is cross-posted, comments in phpBB and WordPress can be set to sync up under the blog item too!
  • Widgets: WP-United also includes eight widgets for you to drop into your WordPress page. Each widget is configurable and displays a wealth of forum information to increase enagagement on your site:

* Latest forum posts
    * Latest forum topics
    * users online list
    * Forum statistics
    * An integrated login/meta/avatar/profile block
    * Birthday list
    * Quick poll (select from active phpBB polls in an ajax widget)
    * Forum top bar (with breadcrumbs that work in WordPress)

MOD Version: v0.9.2.8 RC3

Languages included:
  • English
  • Deutsch
  • 中文(简体)
  • Français
  • русский
  • ... more coming soon!
MOD Download:

Demo Board:

For a number of sample integrations, visit www.wp-united.com.

Screenshots

1. The WP-United connection screen

2. The WP-United settings panel

3. The WP-United user mapper

4. The WP-United permissions mapper

5. A phpBB forum in a WordPress page

6. A WordPress page in a phpBB forum

7. Some WP-United widgets

8. The Quick Poll widget
Last edited by Jhong on Wed May 21, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 41 times in total.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com
pLayb0y

Re: [DEV]WP-United: phpBB3 - WordPress Integration Mod

Post by pLayb0y »

just so you know, i'm dying for your mod to be released!
pls do release it quick!
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

pLayb0y wrote:just so you know, i'm dying for your mod to be released!
pls do release it quick!
I know how you feel because you can use WP for so many things such like a content management system or a portal to phpBB. So it is awesome! I can't wait for your release.
-CoS-

Post by -CoS- »

This mod would allow every user in the forum to have their own wordpress blog, right? It sounds really good.

Just one question. Do you have to edit the wordpress template manually or it takes the design from your phpbb style?
GeorgiePorgie

Post by GeorgiePorgie »

I'm running Jhong's WP-United mod for phpbb2 and I'm looking foward to the mod for phpbb3!
-CoS- wrote:This mod would allow every user in the forum to have their own wordpress blog, right? It sounds really good.
Yes, if you want to permit that. You can opt to be the only blogger, or you can allow your forum users to have their own blogs too. The choice is yours!
-CoS- wrote:Just one question. Do you have to edit the wordpress template manually or it takes the design from your phpbb style?
No, you do not need to edit the WordPress templates. Jhong's phpbb mod files will create the interaction between your WordPress installation and your phpBB installation. You can have WordPress run "inside" phpBB, or you can have phpBB run "inside" WordPress. You can integrate the log ins in either direction too.

If you're running both phpBB and WordPress and are interested in making them "work together" at all (in just one aspect, or in many aspects), then I recommend checking out Jhong's site (see his link in his initial post) to learn more about his excellent "WP-United" process. From his site, you can check out some sites of people that are using his mod for phpBB2.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Thanks George! :-)

Right now I'm working on clearing up several bugs in the phpBB2 implementation. However, I've written the code in such a way that the majority of it will run on phpBB2 or phpBB3 without any modification.

I need to work on the admin panel section, however, which is a bit of a monster, as it will need to be rewritten for phpBB3.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Looking forward to this for phpBB3.
Big_Kahuna

Post by Big_Kahuna »

Jhong wrote:I need to work on the admin panel section, however, which is a bit of a monster, as it will need to be rewritten for phpBB3.
Any idea of when to expect a stable release? I'm really looking forward to this MOD.
Crueltylizer

Post by Crueltylizer »

This is exactly the mod i've been looking for and i am thinking about stalling my current projects until this mod is released. It is so great to see this already being worked on! :)
ArchY

Post by ArchY »

I'm waiting for this one too, if I can help somehow :)
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

At the moment, bug-hunting for the phpBB2 release is the best help :-)

Much of the code base is shared, and so, aside from the admin panel, porting to phpBB3 is relatively straightforward.
pLayb0y

Post by pLayb0y »

i don't mind an unstable release, can i just use the phpbb2 mod to integrate it with my phpbb3?
i'm running a test phpbb3 board to test mods like this before i release them.
-CoS-

Post by -CoS- »

GeorgiePorgie wrote:You can have WordPress run "inside" phpBB, or you can have phpBB run "inside" WordPress. You can integrate the log ins in either direction too.
Many thanks for your reply! I'll probably use the "WordPress inside phpBB" option and let users create their own blogs. I like this kind of 'social' MODs.

Hope to see good news from this MOD soon. :)
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

pLayb0y wrote:i don't mind an unstable release, can i just use the phpbb2 mod to integrate it with my phpbb3?
i'm running a test phpbb3 board to test mods like this before i release them.

Only template integration works right now. Also the ACP options are hard-coded.

It's fine to use, but it's not worth my while supporting (or even answering "how to" questions about it) yet.

I was hoping to have it released by now... but it will probably be a week or two. I want to polish the phpBB2 version first.
ganzua

Post by ganzua »

I'm looking forward too! :D I've been looking for a way of integrating wordpress and phpbb for ages.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”