[ABD] Full Syndication Suite 1.0.RC1 (RSS/ATOM)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
matgallis

Re: [BETA] Full Syndication Suite 0.9.4a (RSS/ATOM)

Post by matgallis »

my only problem was getting teh RSS button to show up... I don't know what I did but it eventually came around haha :D

ps. I did refresh/clear cache before.
Static_Rage

Post by Static_Rage »

what am i supposed to do with the SQL? and does this project have an official site?
edwardappleby

Post by edwardappleby »

I am having some problems with the generate_feed.php file.

(URL: http://www.rushmoreacademy.com/yankeera ... cation.php)

In Firefox, the actual feed only comes up with a few links (at this point, only 1). IE5 gives me an error "Internet Explorer cannot display this feed."

Any thoughts?
G.I. Suck

Post by G.I. Suck »

I have a weird issue where it's looping the feed
zs6ro

Post by zs6ro »

I installed this Mod and its working fine on a phpBB3 I have recently setup .. Thanks for this Mod 8-) .....

Am I correct in assuming that one gets a RSS feed from topics, news etc from the board that this Mod is installed on and makes it available to RSS Readers ?? - Thats what I see this Mod doing :| ...

Reason for asking is I have a phpBB2 board running here and quite some time ago i installed a similar RSS Mod which could get RSS feeds from other selected sites and create Topics or News in selected Forums on my site ... This is a very nice feature ..

Can that Mod be available (or is it available already) for phpBB3 boards ??
Last edited by zs6ro on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZS6RO
Static_Rage

Post by Static_Rage »

hey guys got the sql installed and uploaded and modified all the files, then enabled "Enable syndication for topics and forums:" in the ACP but im not seeing any RSS feeds on my forum... any other settings i missed??? any help would be be great...
musikgoat

Post by musikgoat »

zs6ro wrote:I installed this Mod and its working fine on a phpBB3 I have recently setup .. Thanks for this Mod 8-) .....

Am I correct in assuming that one gets a RSS feed from topics, news etc from the board that this Mod is installed on and makes it available to RSS Readers ?? - Thats what I see this Mod doing :| ...

Reason for asking is I have a phpBB2 board running here and quite some time ago i installed a similar RSS Mod which could get RSS feeds from other selected sites and create Topics or News in selected Forums on my site ... This is a very nice feature ..

Can that Mod be available (or is it available already) for phpBB3 boards ??
This may help, http://startrekguide.com/forum/viewtopi ... =88&t=1350
zs6ro

Post by zs6ro »

Many thanks for the link "musikgoat" ...

I've made a note of it and will visit the site tomorrow morning ... Its 23:30 here in Johannesburg and i need to go and sleep - my eyes are tired :roll: ...
ZS6RO
Static_Rage

Post by Static_Rage »

if any one read my posts please ignore them i resolved the problems, excellent mod!! but man it needs a better/clearer installer.
edwardappleby

Post by edwardappleby »

Just a follow-up to my previous post:

At the feed generation page, the feed is actually showing a few posts (though not 10... sometimes 0, sometimes 3, sometimes, 6, etc); however, the feed itself is invalid.

I copied and edited all the files from the main install XML file and the style XML file. I ran the sql_install file. What am I missing here?

(ref: http://rushmore.shootangle.com/yankeera ... cation.php)
Quezza

Post by Quezza »

Looks like it is working fine to me :D
edwardappleby

Post by edwardappleby »

It is not. :|
Schumi

Post by Schumi »

Sorry, but I currently don't have any time to look into those issues that have been posted. Furthermore, I will be offline for the next two weeks. So working on this MOD will have to wait :(.
backyard

Post by backyard »

I'm confused on how this works. I have two PCs that I've tried to generate this feed on

Windows XP with IE 6.0 just gives you a popup that says do you want to save this file for generate_feed.php
Windows XP with FF2 takes you to another page and gives you options to save the bookmark at
Linux with FF1.5 does the same as Windows XP with IE6.0

I tried this on a few of the board links RSS in this thread with my linux box and I get the same results.

What am I misunderstanding?
Trigr

Post by Trigr »

Schumi wrote:
canitb wrote:phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4230: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
This error message says that there is some whitespace in /language/en/common.php on the first line which is not allowed to be there. Check if you have any spaces or new lines before the "<?php" tag in this file. The login issue you experience is a consequence of this because setting cookies fails under this condition.

Nope. I been getting this error through various mods so i stripped my conversion board down, put a fresh unmodded RC1 on it ( not even a portal added ) and installed this mod first.

got the same error as all the other mods give. ive checked the common.php and its clean at the top.

im lost .......

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”