Adding a disclaimer to private messages.

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Paul UK

Adding a disclaimer to private messages.

Post by Paul UK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi. I want to as a short disclaimer to either the top or the bottom of any PM sent via my board. Just something simple along the lines of "The contents of this PM are the views of *username*. The admin will not be held resposible in any way for this message".

I am trying to find the correct place where PM's are sent so I can add it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Drexion
Former Team Member

Re: Adding a disclaimer to private messages.

Post by Drexion » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:04 am

Open the file ucp_pm_viewmessage.html (not with your browser, but with your code editor)

In it find the line

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_BCC_RECIPIENT --><br /><strong>{L_BCC}:</strong> <!-- BEGIN bcc_recipient --><a href="{bcc_recipient.U_VIEW}" style="color:<!-- IF bcc_recipient.COLOUR -->{bcc_recipient.COLOUR}<!-- ELSEIF bcc_recipient.IS_GROUP -->#0000FF<!-- ENDIF -->;">{bcc_recipient.NAME}</a> <!-- END bcc_recipient --><!-- ENDIF -->
That line may look slightly different depending on your template.

Add on the next line

Code: Select all

<br />[The contents of this PM are the views of {MESSAGE_AUTHOR_FULL}. The admin will not be held resposible in any way for this message.]
Save/upload etc.

Next purge the cache in the ACP, so that the changes show up. (Click run now next to "purge the cache" on the ACP main page.)
I haven't tested this extensively, backup all files before editing them.

Paul UK

Re: Adding a disclaimer to private messages.

Post by Paul UK » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:55 am

Thankyou very much. Very clever. So instead of adding making the PM longer by adding the disclaimer it just adds it at viewtime. Nice :)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”