[ABD] Visitors Today (1.0.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
freestyler

Re: [RC1] Visitors Today

Post by freestyler »

phew, I didn't know if I did that right. I ran the code in phpmyadmin and its giving me this database error.

http://www.meanmug.org/forum

I've run it a second time and it tells me the tbl exists.
Last edited by freestyler on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

Ok, it looks like you guys have either not ran the sql queries correctly, or perhaps are using a different version of mysql? Like stated before, please make sure to change the 'phpbb_' from the required sql lines to MATCH EXACTLY! the "$table_prefix = "";" line from your config.php file. I suggest paul's modification to the sql query posted above for people who are SURE they have done the required SQL statements via phpMYAdmin or another method. The only version of mysql (or any database engine) I have tested this on is the one stated above in the mod description.

@elcochino6 : Are you sure you completed the template modifications? are you sure you did them for ALL installed templates? or atleast the default template if your board is set to override user settings. Also, you will find the settings for this on the "General" tab of your ACP under "Board Settings" option. Another suggestion, did you remember to clear your templates cache via the ACP as instructed in the DIY section of the install?

If you are sure you did the template edits correctly, try this:

FIND:

Code: Select all

for($i=0; $i < count((isset($today->visitlist)) ? $today->visitlist : '0'); $i++)
{	$today->compiledList .= $today->visitlist[$i];
	$today->compiledList .= ((count($today->visitlist) -1) !== $i) ? ', ' : '';
REPLACE WITH:

print_r($today->visitlist);
for($i=0; $i < count((isset($today->visitlist)) ? $today->visitlist : '0'); $i++)
{
//	$today->compiledList .= $today->visitlist[$i];
//	$today->compiledList .= ((count($today->visitlist) -1) !== $i) ? ', ' : '';
This will show you if any data is infact in that array. For a while, I had a problem where it wouldn't actually show the usernames, even though they were in the array, but fixed that rather early on.

@ Freestyler: It looks as if your mysql password doesn't match to the mysql username your attempting to use? Did you (or someone else) either modify the config.php file or change the actual password for the database? This doesn't look like something that could be caused by running the sql for this mod, or performing the edits instructed to be done.

@ Stitch: Thanks for the feedback ;) I myself wanted something that was simple, fast, and actually worked the way I expected it too. Just glad some body else finds it useful as well.

I will add the pre-modded files from the demo site to the next update/release of this package, hopefully along with an install_db.php file that will piggy back on phpBB to help those of you who might be having trouble getting the sql executed correctly. However, today is Friday, and I dont code on the weekends, so expect this either Monday, or Tuesday, that is, if you are expecting it at all ;) I do appologize for any inconvience and troubles that you may be encountering with my little mod (thats what I tell the wife as well).
freestyler

Post by freestyler »

Anti.Social wrote: @ Freestyler: It looks as if your mysql password doesn't match to the mysql username your attempting to use? Did you (or someone else) either modify the config.php file or change the actual password for the database? This doesn't look like something that could be caused by running the sql for this mod, or performing the edits instructed to be done.
Bah! I accidentally changed the password when I tried logging into myphpadmin (go figure). I'll update it in the files. Thanks.

[added] Mod is working perfectly. Thanks!
elcochino6

Post by elcochino6 »

Started over again to try to get this working, and thistime I got even more errors while trying to install... I followed the directions exactly, and got the following errors.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'u.user_id' in 'on clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_type, u.group_id, u.user_colour, u.user_allow_viewonline, v.allow_viewonline, v.user_id, v.last_visit, b.bot_id FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_visitors_today v LEFT JOIN phpbb_bots b ON (b.user_id = u.user_id) WHERE u.user_id = v.user_id ORDER BY u.user_type DESC

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_visitors.php
LINE: 82
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 4069
CALL: include('includes/functions_visitors.php')

FILE: index.php
LINE: 124
CALL: page_header()

I would really like to get this working, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Btw I sql'ed everything in the xml, and I cheked my config.php and my prefix is indeed phpbb, so it should be working.
http://www.ifishct.com Fishing reports and information for Connecticut and the Northeast...
IzNoGoud

Post by IzNoGoud »

Can I download this somewhere else?
I can't connect to your domain for some reason :cry:
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

@ elcochino6:
OPEN root/includes/functions_visitors.php
FIND :

$sql = 'SELECT  
		u.user_id, 
		u.username, 
		u.user_type, 
		u.group_id, 
		u.user_colour, 
		u.user_allow_viewonline, 
		v.allow_viewonline, 
		v.user_id, 
		v.last_visit, 
		b.bot_id 
	FROM 
		' . USERS_TABLE . ' u, 
		' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v 
REPLACE WITH :

$sql = 'SELECT  
		u.user_id, 
		u.username, 
		u.user_type, 
		u.group_id, 
		u.user_colour, 
		u.user_allow_viewonline, 
		v.allow_viewonline, 
		v.user_id, 
		v.last_visit, 
		b.bot_id 
	FROM (
		' . USERS_TABLE . ' u, 
		' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v )
Let me know if that solves your problem, if not I will attempt to rewrite the sql for that section again.

@ IzNoGoud : Here are 2 mirrors I just setup. They are for the 1.0.1RC1 version, I will post mirrors when I update the code next time as well.
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=164621
http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f= ... 4967e51b5b
IzNoGoud

Post by IzNoGoud »

Thank you!
LuckyPip

Post by LuckyPip »

Anti.Social wrote:Ok, it looks like you guys have either not ran the sql queries correctly, or perhaps are using a different version of mysql? Like stated before, please make sure to change the 'phpbb_' from the required sql lines to MATCH EXACTLY! the "$table_prefix = "";" line from your config.php file. I suggest paul's modification to the sql query posted above for people who are SURE they have done the required SQL statements via phpMYAdmin or another method. The only version of mysql (or any database engine) I have tested this on is the one stated above in the mod description.
It was not the SQL not being executed correctly or a different version of mySQL, as I am using mySQL and I know for sure I followed your SQL instruction to the dot - it finally worked after following paul999's fix, so obviously that where the problem was

But anyway, thanks for this great MOD - it is an excellent addition to any forums

And thanks to paul999 too for the fix

Have a good weekend ! :D
elcochino6

Post by elcochino6 »

Anti.Social wrote:@ elcochino6:
OPEN root/includes/functions_visitors.php
FIND :

$sql = 'SELECT  
		u.user_id, 
		u.username, 
		u.user_type, 
		u.group_id, 
		u.user_colour, 
		u.user_allow_viewonline, 
		v.allow_viewonline, 
		v.user_id, 
		v.last_visit, 
		b.bot_id 
	FROM 
		' . USERS_TABLE . ' u, 
		' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v 
REPLACE WITH :

$sql = 'SELECT  
		u.user_id, 
		u.username, 
		u.user_type, 
		u.group_id, 
		u.user_colour, 
		u.user_allow_viewonline, 
		v.allow_viewonline, 
		v.user_id, 
		v.last_visit, 
		b.bot_id 
	FROM (
		' . USERS_TABLE . ' u, 
		' . VISITORS_TABLE . ' v )
that appears to solve the problem, until I go into the acp. when displaying the options for the mod I get these errors at the top of the page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 277: Undefined index: visit_delete
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3661)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 155: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3661)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 156: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3661)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3661)
any ideas? Thanks for your help!
http://www.ifishct.com Fishing reports and information for Connecticut and the Northeast...
Anti.Social

Post by Anti.Social »

quick fix, open includes/acp/acp_board.php

find : 'visit_delete'

replace with : 'visit_delete_threshold'

be back monday.
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Anti,

The mod isn't counting the bots.
In total there were 25 users online :: 8 registered Members, 0 hidden Members, 0 bots and 17 guests.
(This data based on users active Today Friday Jun 22nd 2007)
I have plenty of bots visiting but they aen't being counted as you can see. Is there a QUICK FIX FOR THIS?
bikesandscooters

Post by bikesandscooters »

Works fine for me, I would be checking to see if you installed the mod correctly.
my site looks like this wrote:In total there were 53 users online :: 19 registered users, 0 hidden users, 3 bots and 31 guests.
(This data based on users active during Saturday Jun 23rd 2007)
The most ever members to visit in one day was 53 on Saturday June 23rd, 2007
Cheers Steve
http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au Discussion for bikes and scooters in OZ!
Dr.Death

Post by Dr.Death »

Hi,

in your file includes/functions_vistors.php i found some "hardcoded" language.

Please swap the title="Last visit: ' to the language file.
Doc.
LuckyPip

Post by LuckyPip »

bikesandscooters wrote:Works fine for me, I would be checking to see if you installed the mod correctly.
my site looks like this wrote:In total there were 53 users online :: 19 registered users, 0 hidden users, 3 bots and 31 guests.
Works fine for me too, as you can see below (bots were Google and Ask Jeeves)
In total there were 60 users online :: 18 registered users, 2 hidden users, 2 bots and 38 guests.
The most ever members to visit in one day was 60 on Saturday June 23rd, 2007
Anti.Social, just a little suggestion to improve your MOD, I notice that if there was only one member online today, it'd say

In total there were 1 users
Obviously, that's grammatically incorrect so my suggestion is to do the same as phpbb does for who is online - to put an extra IF command when there was only one user logged in today, to show

In total there was 1 user
Only a suggestion and should be easily done :D
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

bikesandscooters wrote:Works fine for me, I would be checking to see if you installed the mod correctly.
I know the mod is installed correctly. Everything else works just fine.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”