[BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

[BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Highway of Life »

MOD Title: Topic Tags MOD
MOD Description: This MOD will enable Topic Authors and Moderators to choose from a list of topic tags (i.e. prefixes) for a topic.
A Forum Administrator can set global topic tags including html for color or small images (icons).
MOD Version: 0.1.0 (i.e. Beta1)
phpBB Version: 3.0.RC1 or above
Tested on RC2

Author: Highway of Life

MOD Features:
  • Admin can define a global set of topic tags that show up in all forums
  • Permission setting for Topic Authors to set a topic tag, and edit a topic tag
  • Permission setting for Moderators to edit/set topic tags
  • Topic Tags are shown in the Quick-Mod tools for Topic Author and Forum Moderators as well as the posting page
  • Topic Author and Forum Moderators can set or re-set Topic Tags when posting new topics, posting replies, or when editing posts within the topic.
  • MCP Integration - Moderators can set Topic Tags for multiple topics through the Moderator Control Panel
  • HTML functionality for topic prefixes, so each tag can have it’s own color or icon
  • MOD Comes with multiple languages, including instructions in MODX -- see below for list
Supported Languages: (Credits)
  • Dutch by Patsi32
  • English by Highway of Life
  • Finnish by niejon
  • German by porfavor
  • Polish by Lew21
  • Spanish by ecwpa
  • Swedish by thelinx
Future Features:
  • Admin configurable Forum-specific topic prefixes, specific set for Topic Authors and Moderators (separately)
  • Admin Topic prefix override - override the global set or disable topic prefixes completely for a specific forum
  • Option to allow user/moderator to set a custom topic prefix (on a per-forum basis)
MOD Format:

Notes: If you want to setup multiple tags, use single tags to achieve this.
i.e.
  • [Support]
  • [Solved]
  • [Support][Solved] <-- this is actually one tag, but will appear as two.
If you would like to translate this MOD into another language, please see This topic

Credits: Thanks to Richard for pushing me to get this MOD built this week.
Geoffreak for the awesome automated MODX generator -- saved me quite a bit of time with all the edits. :)

Support Topics:
STG Support Topic
phpBB.com Support Topic
phpBBModders Support Topic

Screenshots:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Demo: http://jdh23.com/modTTG/index.php provided by jdh

MOD Download: Download

FAQ:
Q. I get the following Error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_topic_tags.php on line 118: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_topic_tags.php on line 118: array_combine() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
A. Patch/Fix.

Q. How do I add Topic Tags support to the Search?

A. See This post for modifications and code graciously provided by cedarrapidsboy, which I have not had the time to do.

How to install this MOD for subsilver2

1) Open the orignal install.xml file.

2) Scroll down to the styles/prosilver/mcp_forum.html instruction. Do this step exactly as it is written there, but for styles/subsilver2/mcp_forum.html, of course.

3) The next step, for styles/prosilver/posting_editor.html, is different to the original instructions though. subsilver2 does not have a posting_editor.html, so instead, do the following:

FIND

value="{SUBJECT}" /></td>
</tr>
ADD AFTER

<!-- INCLUDE posting_topic_tags.html -->
4) Create a posting_topic_tags.html with the following content and move it into the styles/subsilver2/template folder:

<!-- IF S_POST_ACTION and S_TOPIC_TAGS -->
<tr>
	<td class="row1" width="22%"><b class="genmed">{L_TOPIC_TAGS}:</b></td>	
	<td class="row2" width="78%"><select class="gensmall" name="topic_tag" id="topic_tag">{S_TOPIC_TAGS_OPTIONS}</select></td>
</tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Last edited by Highway of Life on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xabi

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Xabi »

Maybe I'm misleaded about this mod, but could I set two topic tags (SELL - BUY) in some forums, let the topic authors to choose between the two, and then list only the topics with SELL or BUY tags? This would be great for classifieds forums.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

No, instead you would create the following three tags...
[SELL]
[BUY]
[SELL - BUY] (is one tag) :)
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Highway of Life wrote:No, instead you would create the following three tags...
[SELL]
[BUY]
[SELL - BUY] (is one tag) :)
Yea, it would be nice if the mod had those tags also. What about a [NEED] tag? Or can we just customize are own tags with this mod?
W|-|IPPY

Post by W|-|IPPY »

You (as an admin) create your own tags. Perhaps you should both read the first post again :roll:
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

hmm, looking forward to using this mod until the bug mod is ready, or maybe just stick with this one, we'll see.

Either way, can't wait for the download.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

MasterZ wrote:Either way, can't wait for the download.
Me neither :) :)

Nic
Xabi

Post by Xabi »

I see, it's exactly what I need :)

Two questions:

- Could we define tags only for specific forums? I would like to set "SELL-BUY" tags for my classifieds forums.
- Could the topics be filtered by tag (see only "SELL" topics, "BUY" topics...)

Thank you!
Xabi

Post by Xabi »

Last one: could the tag be required for posting? (don't allow to post the topic without choosing a tag).
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Xabi wrote:Last one: could the tag be required for posting? (don't allow to post the topic without choosing a tag).
That would be a pain for users, that their post has to have a tag. What if they dont want to use the tags?
Xabi

Post by Xabi »

I'm talking about specific forums, not all the board. I'm talking about forums for classified ads.
W|-|IPPY

Post by W|-|IPPY »

If you actually read the first post, you'd already know forum specific tags is a planned feature.

Anyhow, I'll definately be using this upon the first stable release. Keep up the good work Highway of Life :)
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Xabi wrote:- Could we define tags only for specific forums? I would like to set "SELL-BUY" tags for my classifieds forums.
Not until Beta2 release of this MOD.
Beta1 has the ability to set Global tags.
Xabi wrote:- Could the topics be filtered by tag (see only "SELL" topics, "BUY" topics...)
Hmm... can you expound a bit? give an example, perhaps? -- Are you talking about sorting topics in a forum, or searching a forum for tags?
Xabi wrote:Last one: could the tag be required for posting? (don't allow to post the topic without choosing a tag).
That could be a feature I add... though probably not until at least Beta3.

Thanks for the support everyone! -- Still working with Richard to clean out the remaining bugs. :)
Xabi

Post by Xabi »

Highway of Life wrote:
Xabi wrote:- Could the topics be filtered by tag (see only "SELL" topics, "BUY" topics...)
Hmm... can you expound a bit? give an example, perhaps? -- Are you talking about sorting topics in a forum, or searching a forum for tags?
I'm talking about a menu or links list in viewforum showing all tags (in my example, a menu or links list with SELL - BUY - DONATE - etc). Selecting or clicking on a tag will show a list (just like viewforum, but with "filtered" topics) with the topics containing that tag and no other topics (if I click on "sell", I'd see only the "sell" topics). Finally, a "view all topics" option or link would show the normal viewforum list (all topics) again. This would be really useful!
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

That could be tricky, but I will do it.

Don’t expect it until Beta3 or after though. ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”