Firefox, back/delete & topic read button colour

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
sharpo

Firefox, back/delete & topic read button colour

Post by sharpo »

I'm trying to get used to Firefox, but have one niggle. I look at recent topics, read one of them, then hit the "back/delete" key to go back to the topic list again. With IE the button colour used to change from red to black but with Firefox it doesn't.

Sometimes I forget the topic title & can't see where I got to on the topic list. Anybody else find this a problem? It is so much easier with the colour indicator of the topics you have read.

Sharpo
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: Firefox, back/delete & topic read button colour

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I do not have this problem with Firefox or Seamonkey. My browser reloads the page when I use the back button to return to viewforum.php.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
sharpo

Post by sharpo »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:I do not have this problem with Firefox or Seamonkey. My browser reloads the page when I use the back button to return to viewforum.php.
That's interesting, is your version of F/F 2.0.0.4 & have you made any alterations to the settings to make it perform differently?
Mine is a new install.

Edit. Just noticed something, you say returning to viewforum, mine is back to /search.php?search_id=newposts. Once I get back to that page, an F5 will change the colour on the button. We aren't quite on the same track.

Sharpo
Octopus

Post by Octopus »

I have the same problem im FF 2.04 but not in IE 7 :-(
david63

Post by david63 »

I do not think that this is a phpbb3 issue but a browser issue - although I am intrigued as to how A_Jelly_Doughnut makes FF reload the page when using the back button because I cannot see an option anywhere for that.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
sharpo

Post by sharpo »

david63 wrote:I do not think that this is a phpbb3 issue but a browser issue - although I am intrigued as to how A_Jelly_Doughnut makes FF reload the page when using the back button because I cannot see an option anywhere for that.
Thanks for the reply, and to Octopus. It probably is more of a browser problem, and I did post a topic in the Mozilla forum, but don't think there there has been a reply yet.

At least it confirms I haven't missed something within the Firefox options.

Sharpo
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I'm still using a beta version of FF 1.5.0 when I use FF at home...I switched to seamonkey as my primary browser.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Return to “phpBB Discussion”