[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
TheEmperor

Re: [BETA] The wGEric Store MOD v0.2.3 (21 May 2007)

Post by TheEmperor »

Whatever i just upgraded to 3.0
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

>>dragon2h
In the zip, there is a file called install.txt, which contains all the instructions for installing this mod on your forum. To learn how to install a mod, see this
Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

OK, I'm having a problem.
Whenever a user tries to buy anything, it says that they havn't got enough money or there is a bad item being purchased or something.

Thanks,
- Poomie
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Make sure he is not buying more than the max purchase amount (set in the admin panel)
Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Fixed it; thanks mayn.

- Poomie
Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Look what I found in my shops:
Max of 100 items per item.
How do I change that to "Max of 100 items per person"?

- Poomie
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

You currently cannot do that.
supertoad

Post by supertoad »

I have it set to send PMs when a user makes a purchase, but it is not sending them. It does send PMs correctly for donations though. Any idea what might be wrong?

EDIT:

I fixed it myself, but it was just kind of a shot in the dark... In store.php I changed

Code: Select all

if ( $store_config['store_pm_purchase'] == 'on' && $pm_user == 1 && $user_check == TRUE )
to

if ( $store_config['store_pm_purchase'] == 'on' && $user_check == TRUE )
I'm not sure why exactly it worked, but it seems to. Will this cause any problems?
Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Prizem wrote:You currently cannot do that.
Can you tell me how to do it?
Since it's annoying.

- Poomie
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

>>supertoad
$pm_user is set a little up three brackets in the previous condition from the bottom. It is set first on items, then if the amount of the item is not empty, then if there are no errors while processing the purchase. Then it does checking for the pm user. If it is not board-owned, it's set to whoever has ownership's setting for pm purchase (set in profile). Otherwise, it checks if pm purchase owner is on from the admin config, and that determines it. If it is not working, you should check these areas, since now it will run disregarding these areas. If you are not concerned with that, then that's fine. Just something to know. (And I admit, $pm_user needs to be properly initialized.)

>>Poomerio
You could either set a default amount in the admin panel or individually in each admin user profile, or both. Based on that, when purchasing, you just count how many total items the user has at the beginning of each iteration and if, as it processes, it sees that adding more would hit or pass the max, it'll log an error and fail. This way would be good if you still want item amounts past the error, but still below the limit, to be processed.

And if you don't understand how that would all work, you should probably wait until we get around to it. Thanks for the suggestion!
HCS|GermanShepherd

Post by HCS|GermanShepherd »

I have a screen shot of what it says is wrong during installation. I am new to this php stuff so if you can help, please do step by step instructions or send me to a link where instructions are available :D .

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

1. Open includes/functions.php
  2. Use a find function to search for "lang_main." (without the quotes) Click search three times until you come to something that looks like:

include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_main.' . $phpEx);
  3. Make a new line after that one and add:

include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_store.' . $phpEx);
Poomerio

Post by Poomerio »

Prizem wrote:>>supertoad
$pm_user is set a little up three brackets in the previous condition from the bottom. It is set first on items, then if the amount of the item is not empty, then if there are no errors while processing the purchase. Then it does checking for the pm user. If it is not board-owned, it's set to whoever has ownership's setting for pm purchase (set in profile). Otherwise, it checks if pm purchase owner is on from the admin config, and that determines it. If it is not working, you should check these areas, since now it will run disregarding these areas. If you are not concerned with that, then that's fine. Just something to know. (And I admit, $pm_user needs to be properly initialized.)

>>Poomerio
You could either set a default amount in the admin panel or individually in each admin user profile, or both. Based on that, when purchasing, you just count how many total items the user has at the beginning of each iteration and if, as it processes, it sees that adding more would hit or pass the max, it'll log an error and fail. This way would be good if you still want item amounts past the error, but still below the limit, to be processed.

And if you don't understand how that would all work, you should probably wait until we get around to it. Thanks for the suggestion!
I meant how would you change the text from saying "Max 100 Items per Item" in the shop view, to "Max 100 Items per User"

- Poomie
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

oh, that's completely different then, that's stored in lang_store.php, look for $lang['Store_max_items']
Karel Elliott

Post by Karel Elliott »

I get the following error trying to install. I too am still learning at this. I'd REALLY like to use this mod as it seems to be exactly what I was looking for.. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/phpbb08/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

<td align="center" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="mainmenu">&nbsp;<a href="{U_FAQ}" class="mainmenu">

MOD script line #468

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”