[DEV] PMail

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Uru Wolf

[DEV] PMail

Post by Uru Wolf »

MOD Title: PMail
MOD Description: Will allow users to send PM's accross to diffrent boards with a user@site type format. There would not be a "central server" like the one sugested here. It would consist of submitting to special pages, redirecting and junk.

Author Notes: I know this is in development for 3.x but I thought it would be good to have a version for 2.x. What do you think?

MOD Version: pre-alpha
phpBB Version: 2.0.22
Last edited by Uru Wolf on Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- UrW
phpBB newb tutorial (moding) || SupaNav (Side bar navagation) || PMail || Profile Blocks
If you can work out my location I will give you a cookie. People with cookies: 3
Uru Wolf

Re: [PRE-ALPHA] PMail

Post by Uru Wolf »

A kinda outline of how it would work.

admins:
Say we have 2 sites, site1 and site2. The admin on site1 contacts the admin of site2 and requests to link PM systems. (built in script for this?) The 2 admins enter each others site info (name,url,ect). Users can now PM each other accross boards.

users:
1) User1 from site1 enters the PM info (the to username, message and the like)
2) User1 selects which site so send the PM to.
3) PM info is submitted to a page on the reciveing board and PM info is stored on site2's database.
4) The user2 on site2 recives the pm and user1 is sent back to site1.

Hmm...I am not sure how clear that is >_< BTW this is not the final scripting process. (It may well change)
- UrW
phpBB newb tutorial (moding) || SupaNav (Side bar navagation) || PMail || Profile Blocks
If you can work out my location I will give you a cookie. People with cookies: 3
p4plus2

Post by p4plus2 »

this seems like a good mod acctually to bad phpbb 2.0.22 is not going to be use to much longer this could have been a very sucessfull mod if given enough time.
My lo-fi version of phpbb MOD

Help the Dial up users, give them a chance! :D
Uru Wolf

Post by Uru Wolf »

^_^ I still think I will work on it, I think there are still quite alot of people using 2.x
- UrW
x-fi6

Post by x-fi6 »

There are still MANY users sticking with phpBB2. Until phpBB3 hits RTM / gold and has almost as many MODs and templates as phpBB2, many users will still be sticking with phpBB2, like me.
My site (along with a bunch of others') is:
http://www.zeldacastle.com/index.php
for just in case you need it. ;) Thanks.
Uru Wolf

Post by Uru Wolf »

Yea, I am still not 100% about coding mods for 3.x so I will stick with what I know ^_^
- UrW
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Either way, phpBB 2.0.22 will be around for a while, even when phpBB3 is out. Its like Windows XP still being used, even though Vista was released and is said to be stable. Same with PHP4 still being used (2 years after the release of PHP5... although, PHP4 is about to be diminished because PHP6 is on its way already.)

I'll be interested in this though to be real.
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

CashTalkz Dot Net - Participate in the Forum and Earn Money!
Uru Wolf

Post by Uru Wolf »

=] I think you are right there. Is there anything you would like to see it do? (apart from what I have outlined)
- UrW
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Hello,

Please change your topic prefix to DEV as per the forum rules.

Thank you
Systems Engineering
Uru Wolf

Re: [DEV] PMail

Post by Uru Wolf »

ok-doaky
- UrW
p4plus2

Post by p4plus2 »

So, how is the progress comming on this MOD, any luck?

Uru Wolf

Post by Uru Wolf »

No progress at all. I have not even started it yet. I am still thinking about its implementation.
- UrW
p4plus2

Post by p4plus2 »

Oh, well good luck :D

Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 »

If you would be interested, I'd be willing to help out with this mod. Let me know

Josh
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.
Uru Wolf

Post by Uru Wolf »

Thanks, as of yet though there is not nything to do ;) I have been busy with things at home and have not realy had much time for moding.
- UrW

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”