[2.0.15] Signatures control

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
13%
Good
8%
Fair
6%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 53

drewtscott

Re: [2.0.15] Signatures control

Post by drewtscott »

Are there plans to port this mod to phpBB3?
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

drewtscott wrote:Are there plans to port this mod to phpBB3?
I don't know yet.
The point is I have absolutly no time. I'll see this summer... :roll:
Eternal newbie
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

-=ET=- wrote:
I don't know yet.
Goodluck, this german guy dosnt support his own mods. sorry to say. No time at all, but you'll see him here loged in all the time. uh huh. :D
drewtscott

Post by drewtscott »

Peter77sx wrote:
-=ET=- wrote:
I don't know yet.
Goodluck, this german guy dosnt support his own mods. sorry to say. No time at all, but you'll see him here loged in all the time. uh huh. :D
Well, his location is listed as France, and you're in the 25 page long support topic ... so I don't think that is completely true ;)
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

Is there anyway to do this to some selected forum ? I want to disallow the signature in some forums, if anyone can help me out to do this please.

Thanks a lot :)
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com
GldRush98

Post by GldRush98 »

I see a weird glitch with this mod on 2 different forums I have it installed on.

If you go to user management and change their ability to display signature to NO, it doesn't work.
To the use you applied it too, it hides EVERYONE's signature from being displayed when they're viewing the site, but to all other users, all signatures, including the user's you tried to disable, still display fine.

Annoying bug ;)
Quuipo

Post by Quuipo »

I have a weird glitch and i can't figure out what file i should check.

The maximum allowed characters doesn't work. I can set it at what I like but it always comes through. So it doesn't seem to check that at all.

however, if i change a sig in the ACP, it does check it and refuses too long sigs.

could anyone point me in the right direction on where something went wrong?

much appreciated :)

also, i am still looking for a way to have it disallow external links (links to external images are fine, but no external URL's).

thank you,
Q
Petufo

Post by Petufo »

I don't know why, but users can't change their signatures incl. admins :shock:
The signature box disappear!

I can only change signatures in ACP... :cry:
MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell »

based on the last few posts of bug reports...I think I will find something else. :(
computersOC

Post by computersOC »

What code do I need to change so the signature box does not show up to guests when they are registering? Thanks.
http://www.computersOC.com - overclocking, P2P, broadband tweaks, ISP forums, more... Computer Building Help -- Overclocking Guide

Want us to install you a phpBB board or update your current one? Want mods/anti-spam mods installed? Moving to a new host? Check us out here.
[xubz]

Post by [xubz] »

Does this MOD work with phpBB 2.0.22? Atleast temporarily? (until I upgrade to phpBB3 when its gold)

Or is there something similar? (tried searching, this was the best I could find).

MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell »

computersOC wrote:What code do I need to change so the signature box does not show up to guests when they are registering? Thanks.
you would need to edit "profile_add_body.tpl" with adding some switch statements and also "usercp_register.php" to add the php code to check to see if someone is joining or editing their profile. Are you a programmer at all?
[xubz] wrote:Does this MOD work with phpBB 2.0.22? Atleast temporarily? (until I upgrade to phpBB3 when its gold)

Or is there something similar? (tried searching, this was the best I could find).

Yes this mod will work with 2.0.22 I can't guarantee how well it will work such as if it is optimized or not or any flaws for previous versions have been taken into account for this mod but it will work. As for phpbb3, I dont think it will work...but I think this is already a feature in bb3 and honestly I don't see a problem with using bb3 RC7 it is so close to release now so the RC's aren't going to have much bugs or any major bugs most likely. Just some food for thought.
smileymattj

Post by smileymattj »

Adam, this will allow a guest user (registering) to see the old sig editor, a forum user will see the advanced editor. I noticed that bug before I installed this mod, and seen it would be an easy fix.

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
templates/xxx/profile_add_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
#
        <tr>
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{SIG_DESC}:</span></span></td>
	  <td class="row2"><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="{SIG_BUTTON_DESC}" onclick="window.location.href='{SIG_EDIT_LINK}'"></td>
	</tr>
# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------
#
<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
	<tr> 
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">Edit Signature (<b>Preview included</b>):</span></td>
	  <td class="row2"><INPUT class="post" TYPE="button" VALUE="Edit Signature" onclick="window.location.href='http://alphawolfpack.org/forums/profile.php?mode=signature'"></td>
	</tr>
<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->
<!-- BEGIN switch_register -->
	<tr> 
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_SIGNATURE}:</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_SIGNATURE_EXPLAIN}<br /><br />{HTML_STATUS}<br />{BBCODE_STATUS}<br />{SMILIES_STATUS}</span></td>
	  <td class="row2"> 
		<textarea name="signature"style="width: 300px"  rows="6" cols="30" class="post">{SIGNATURE}</textarea>
	  </td>
	</tr>
<!-- END switch_register -->
# 
#-----[ SAVE AND CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
#

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”