[release] Vista, proVista and proVista+ *update:phpbb3.0.10

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
advarntek

Re: [release] Vista phpbb3.0.RC3

Post by advarntek » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:02 pm

what should i do i am thinking of moving to smf

Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:31 am

If you have not added any mods, then your ftp client is probably uploading incomplete files. (this is more common than you might think.

edit.. Your overall_header.html is incomplete. I just clicked on the XHTML validation link in the footer and found errors related to missing overal_header code. re-downlod the template and replace your current copy of Vista.

I knew those validation links in the footer would com in handy ;)

advarntek

Post by advarntek » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:48 am

ok will do this using a different ftp client.

advarntek

Post by advarntek » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:30 pm

ok it did not work is there some way i can remove the rules page and rule link at the top of the page.

Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:18 pm

it worked fine. delete your browser cache

supermodder911

Post by supermodder911 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:43 pm

i like the theme alot i just dont like the pm button and the border make it go all the way around the forum then it will look better and can you please update the download when you do it

j4cKiE

Post by j4cKiE » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:48 am

First of all: Very nice style!
.. but - as iyeru42 wrote - maybe it would be better if you draw the line around the forum completely?

Thanks for the German buttons! But the German buttons above the header are not shown in the forum :S
Look here: http://j4ckie.uttx.net/martin/forum/index.php

Because of the German words you used for the buttons, I think that you are not German. :P
-> It would be better if the button "Treten Sie mit uns in Verbindung" would simply mean "Team". (It would also be better for the English button "Contact Us", wouldn't it? :))
-> The button "Forumsregeln" should just mean "Regeln".

Thx! :)

j4cKiE

Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:28 am

j4cKiE wrote:First of all: Very nice style!
.. but - as iyeru42 wrote - maybe it would be better if you draw the line around the forum completely?

Thanks for the German buttons! But the German buttons above the header are not shown in the forum :S
Look here: http://j4ckie.uttx.net/martin/forum/index.php

Because of the German words you used for the buttons, I think that you are not German. :P
-> It would be better if the button "Treten Sie mit uns in Verbindung" would simply mean "Team". (It would also be better for the English button "Contact Us", wouldn't it? :))
-> The button "Forumsregeln" should just mean "Regeln".

Thx! :)

j4cKiE

It looks like your using a previous version of the template. Your images are not comming from the imageset language folder and your rules page is still using lanaguage/en/common.php

I used "contact us" instead of team because I was trying to keep it professional looking and sounding.

no, im not German...lol I got the txt by searching several websites for thier alt"" text.
How would you better say "contact Us" in German? hopefully shorter too :)

as for the border line, it is only there to separate the inner and outer background pics. It stops where the two images blend together

iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:34 am

Helter Skelter wrote:as for the border line, it is only there to separate the inner and outer background pics. It stops where the two images blend together
Then make it fade out using an image for it. Stopping it abruptly makes it look bad.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."

Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:04 am

sorry you dont like it, but on the brighter side, there are a ton of other templates you can use...

supermodder911

Post by supermodder911 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:34 am

hey i fixed the pm button if anyone else wants it is the border a image if so whats the name of the image and ill fix it

iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:35 am

Helter Skelter wrote:sorry you dont like it, but on the brighter side, there are a ton of other templates you can use...
You could always make a "modification" and post it in this thread for people to download and apply to the style itself when they download the style. For those WANTING such a thing, download the below link and upload it into the theme/images folder.

Download This Image File

supermodder911

Post by supermodder911 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 am

iyeru42 wrote:
Helter Skelter wrote:sorry you dont like it, but on the brighter side, there are a ton of other templates you can use...
You could always make a "modification" and post it in this thread for people to download and apply to the style itself when they download the style. For those WANTING such a thing, download the below link and upload it into the theme/images folder.

Download This Image File
thanks man
is there a way i can make my logo wider or center it to the middle?

iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 am

supermodder911 wrote:
iyeru42 wrote:

Download This Image File
thanks man
is there a way i can make my logo wider or center it to the middle?
You'd have to physically take out the current "rotating logo" to do that at the moment.

j4cKiE

Post by j4cKiE » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Helter Skelter wrote:It looks like your using a previous version of the template. Your images are not comming from the imageset language folder and your rules page is still using lanaguage/en/common.php

I used "contact us" instead of team because I was trying to keep it professional looking and sounding.

no, im not German...lol I got the txt by searching several websites for thier alt"" text.
How would you better say "contact Us" in German? hopefully shorter too :)

as for the border line, it is only there to separate the inner and outer background pics. It stops where the two images blend together
"Treten Sie mit uns in Verbindung" in English: "Get in touch with us".
The correct translation of "Contact Us" would be "Kontaktieren Sie uns" (or even shorter: "Kontakt"). But the site which is included is neither a contact formular nor a E-Mail, ICQ,....
---> It would still be better if the button means "Team" in both languages.

My thoughts were "Oh, there is a "Contact Us"? I didn't know." -> Then I clicked on it and realized that it's only the Team overview :P

It would be nice if you could think about the contact button again... :-)

Thx!

j4cKiE

P.S.: If you change the contact button to "Kontaktieren Sie uns" you should also make a button "Kontaktiere uns". The first is plural (Sie -> English: You), the second is singular (Du -> English: You).
For example: Pupils call their teachers "Sie" but their friends "Du". In English it's both "You".
Last edited by j4cKiE on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”