[ABD] Last News and Messages

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
foropadres

Re: [RC1] Last News and Messages

Post by foropadres »

I instaled RC1 version and in the top of index page if I connected appears

Code: Select all

Array ( ) 
if I not connected appears

Array ( [54] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [68] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [69] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [80] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [81] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [83] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [84] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [85] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [86] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [97] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [98] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [99] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [100] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [101] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [102] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [105] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [107] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [108] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [109] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [110] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [111] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [112] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [113] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [114] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [115] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [116] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [117] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [72] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [103] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [104] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) [106] => Array ( [f_read] => 1 ) ) 

You can view it in http://www.prova.foropadres.com/phpBB32

The rest work fine ;)
orynider
Translator
Name: Florin-Ciprian Bodin

Post by orynider »

Sorry about that, I fogot a deguging code:

Find:

print_r($auth_user);
Replace with:

//print_r($auth_user);
Or you can redownload it. :oops:

edit:

There are some for nice features hidden in this mod, not enabed yet, and if anyone is interested in this I can enable them to work, at least with the subsilver2 and subSilver style based templates with wich I'm more familiar. This is about an offset that is simulating pagination, so you can see next 5 messages, then previous, etc. And this can be turned in real pagination in the future versions.

Do not try to use this feature in RC1 couse will not work, the code is only there for reference ... I will only make available an RC2 if I will be asked to, here or elsewere :)
myrrh

Post by myrrh »

This is wonderful! I've tried it and it works a wonder! Exact what I've been looking for for months.

Anyway, a bit suggestion here. It turns out that in the Last Topic session, the Sticky topic will end up on top of other topics. (I don't have Announcement & Global Annoucement, so I don't know if they will appear on top too or not.)

Is there any way to make the post appears by the time of post, regardless of the importance of the topic?

(The top on is the sticky. Post before the 'test new topic index', yet appear on top)
bikesandscooters

Post by bikesandscooters »

I have been waiting for something like this for ages, but I get heaps of php errors

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 95: Undefined index: recent_posts_offset
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 96: Undefined index: recent_news_offset
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 413: Undefined index: session_logged_in
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 436: Undefined variable: display_date
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 413: Undefined index: session_logged_in
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 436: Undefined variable: display_date
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 525: Undefined variable: prev_recent_url
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /recent_messages.php on line 529: Undefined variable: recent_news_total_info
Also the path to the links for posts displayed is not right, it shows this

http://www.domainname.com/\/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=631&p=4109#p4109

It should be:
http://www.domainname.com/development/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=631&p=4109#p4109
Cheers Steve
http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au Discussion for bikes and scooters in OZ!
bikesandscooters

Post by bikesandscooters »

Well I think I found the problem in recent_messages.php, but not sure of the correct code, I replaced this line in the code. It works, but I would think it's the wrong way to do it.

Replaced '\1' with '../development/forum/

Found this
	/	$script_path = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?)\/?$/', '\1', trim($config['script_path']));

Replaced with hard coding the path

$script_path = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?)\/?$/', '../development/forum/', trim($config['script_path']));
Cheers Steve
http://www.bikesandscooters.com.au Discussion for bikes and scooters in OZ!
lambretta_li

Post by lambretta_li »

Hello,
I get the same errors than bikesandscooters but its trick on the recent_messages.php don't work for me.
any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Lambretta_Li
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

lambretta_li wrote:Hello,
I get the same errors than bikesandscooters but its trick on the recent_messages.php don't work for me.
any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Lambretta_Li

Hi,

recent_messages.php is not an addon, so will not work standallone, you have to include it in index.php, read the installations files how (contrib/recent_messages.txt);

I will debug version RC2 and if no php notices will be released ...

edit: Done.
foropadres

Re: [RC2] Last News and Messages

Post by foropadres »

Hi orynider,

I have detected that the color of the icon always is red though it is a topic that already is the well-read one.

Other sugestion it would be nice to do a version that shows you the last posts in a simple table type:

TOPIC - POST - TIME & AUTHOR of the last post.
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

foropadres wrote:Hi orynider,

I have detected that the color of the icon always is red though it is a topic that already is the well-read one.
Not sure that this is a bug, since this is how was designed couse originaly I thiked to put just a [*], that is customizable from the configuration file, and a vertical simple table template, so for version 1.0 I will not make it more adavanced.
foropadres wrote:Other sugestion it would be nice to do a version that shows you the last posts in a simple table type:

TOPIC - POST - TIME & AUTHOR of the last post.
This is how was initialy make, a simple table template in the right/left site of forum index, but was very bad looking with Olympus, and prosilver is not made using tables, so I leaved only the horzontal template based on viewforum. Btw, the module version, thta is maintained by me, could be switched from blockCP to have vertical or horizontal block, you can take the vertical block subSilver template from there and port it to Olympus as subsilver2 if you whan't, if will be nice I will add it to contrib. The variable to be configured as horisontal or vertical is not needed anymore since with XS you can use INCLUDE directly from index_body.html, so now in phpBB3 is supported to have both type of blocks in the same time :lol:
Wauziweb

Post by Wauziweb »

Thanks for nice mod! 8-)

Can you please give a hint in the instruction file to clear the template cache after doing the changes!?
live-board: http://forum.mini-aussies.com/
mods: ajax shoutbox / visitors today / upcoming birthdays / recent topics / tracker / user map / imageshack / welcome pm
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

Wauziweb wrote:Thanks for nice mod! 8-)

Can you please give a hint in the instruction file to clear the template cache after doing the changes!?
I never had problems with the template cache, and I made a lot of changes one at the time wile I was figured the template files, I just used normal CTRL+F5 and the changes showed right, but I probably will, next time i modify the installation file.
foropadres

Post by foropadres »

I have noticed that in the last answers in the forums that are announcements they remain up and do not go down, it is normal?

see my forum and see the time of the last post. http://www.foropadres.com
orynider
Translator

Post by orynider »

In viewforum anouncements are on top, so this is a bug related/designed to Olympus, so a new option is needed in this mod, I haven't studied yet the problem since I'm busy with other mods/projects. So, this is normal, not a bug, but in current version there is no option to overwrite the importance of topics.
foropadres

Post by foropadres »

ok, thanks for the aclaration ;)
Wauziweb

Post by Wauziweb »

THX works fine on RC4
live-board: http://forum.mini-aussies.com/
mods: ajax shoutbox / visitors today / upcoming birthdays / recent topics / tracker / user map / imageshack / welcome pm

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”