Congrats on RC4 Release!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
mrmikehammond

Re: Congrats on RC3 Release!

Post by mrmikehammond »

Your joking me right ?

Damn I've only just installed RC3 :lol: :lol:

Mike ;)
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

i know ive already posted, but i must say a big CONGRATS to the dev team. i kept getting errors when i clicked on "users and groups" in the acp, but since using rc4, no more errors. thanks alot. keep up the good work.
Zvjer

Post by Zvjer »

I already upgraded two boards. All fine so far :)
minimumrage

Post by minimumrage »

No more RC's for me. When it's ready for primetime, I'll upgrade. Until then, RC3 for me. :evil:
College Resources available here.
Zvjer

Post by Zvjer »

Is it possible that RC4 is faster than RC3?
My forum users are reporting speedup since the upgrade lastnight :o
Acyd Burn
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Meik Sievertsen

Post by Acyd Burn »

Yes, we improved some sections which may result in "more speed" for some... for example gzip compression for the cached styles, removal of memory intensive operations within the page header (which was called on every visit)...
minimumrage

Post by minimumrage »

I've just read reports that RC 5 has just been released this morning! Is it true? :D
College Resources available here.
ameeck
Former Team Member

Post by ameeck »

Not that I know of, even if it would be nice(meaning it would be a repack for gold) :)
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

I appreicate the "it'll be ready when it's ready" thing... but at some point the powers that be must know there will be another RC. It would be nice to know if that is the case... i.e. they released RC4 yest.. if they have found bugs in that then that means there WILL be an RC5 rather than gold coming up.. it would be useful to now that.

I appreciate all the effort that has gone into this magnificent (and free) product. It's just sometimes a little frustrating telling my customers "it's coming soon" :D
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: Congrats on RC4 Release!

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

There were still bugs in the tracker at the time RC4 was released. However, at this point there is no reason to believe there will be an RC4. That could change in a week or two, depending on how the bug situation unfolds.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

ARGH, can't wait for gold!!! Ok ok, I can wait and I will wait.... ooh, the suspense :D
Zvjer

Post by Zvjer »

hehe RC4 is fine for me, there is no tension in the air :) I can wait as long as it is necesary.
too bad that some functions are not already included in this phpBB3 so I'm already waiting for 3.1 :D

I hate mods.. in phpBB2 I ave installed about 15 smaller or bigger mods which eventualy brought me to the pooint where the upgrade from 2.0.19 to 2.0.20 took me 5 hours with good preparations. when 2.0.21 came out I did't even bother anymore because I knew I will then brake everything. :roll:

now I will stay away from mods.
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

Zvjer wrote:now I will stay away from mods.
In preparing my phpBB2 install for the inevitable upgrade to 3, I reviewed all my mods, and made a concerted effort to see what was already in phpBB3--a few of them--and which ones I really didn't need at all. There are still one or two, but nothing like I had gotten to. Just make sure your mods are what you need, and they're one of phpBB's biggest assets!

Here's to RC4, many happy returns!
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

minimumrage wrote:I've just read reports that RC 5 has just been released this morning! Is it true? :D
I'd really like to know who claims this... :roll:
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
bbrian017

Re: Congrats on RC4 Release!

Post by bbrian017 »

RC4 this is great stuff! I can't wait to see a final. I didn't see RC5 on phpbb's download page and until we do we can assume were still at RC4. Where ever you seen this rumor I say it must be incorrect but in time will be correct :D

Return to “phpBB Discussion”