[REQUEST] Custom Title Mod

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
Pinner

[REQUEST] Custom Title Mod

Post by Pinner »

Someone had made this for 2.0.x. and I loved this mod.

Basically the title would be able to be modified in both the ACP and the UCP.

In the ACP there could also be an option to turn it off so that users couldn't edit their own and it would be an Admin-Only device.
"I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not..." - Robert Green Ingersoll

The Dark Crusade
An Age of Conan Guild
http://www.thedarkcrusade.com
raul2010

Re: [REQUEST] Custom Title Mod

Post by raul2010 »

It'd be nice to have this phpBB2 mod ported to phpBB3. I guess some of the functionality could be achieved through custom profile fields, but it was nice to allow custom titles only for users with more than 300 posts or at least a month in the site.
Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

I am working this week on porting my Custom Title MOD to phpBB 3.x, but there's no guarantee I'll finish, of course. There's also the possibility that someone will release something before me. Either way, now's the time for feature requests, because once I let the project die down again, I probably won't find it easy to get started again. ;)
Pinner

Post by Pinner »

Aexoden wrote:I am working this week on porting my Custom Title MOD to phpBB 3.x, but there's no guarantee I'll finish, of course. There's also the possibility that someone will release something before me. Either way, now's the time for feature requests, because once I let the project die down again, I probably won't find it easy to get started again. ;)
Hmm, well like I said I would like to be able to make it so that my users cannot change their own title (unless I set it so that they can via the ACP).

I'm not sure what other features could be presented to this.

Rual has his feature request, and thats really all, unless you come up with something nifty that I can't think of. :)

Thank you so much for taking on this task! I appreciate it immensely, custom titles are so important to my RPG, and I was worried that no one would port this. Thanks again!
"I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not..." - Robert Green Ingersoll

The Dark Crusade
An Age of Conan Guild
http://www.thedarkcrusade.com
Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

I've made an initial alpha release of my work in a new thread at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=574342. Hopefully it works and meets your needs. If not, let me know.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”