Welcome PM on First Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
WhiteWolfSix

Re: Welcome PM on First Login

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

I am testing this MOD on the local PC using EasyPHP. I was able to change the Welcome PM according to my conditions and successfuly save to the database. After that I created new account and successfuly logged in. I got 1 new message that can't be read because system says 'You have 1 private message currently on hold because of full folder.' Clicking on the link 'Release all on-hold messages' doesn't work. I changed back to my admin account and sent test message to my new account. Test message was displayed but Welcome PM is still hold back.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

Iyeru, this version is 1.0.0, but I am releasing, or rather, just released a newer version of it, 2.0.A. It can now be downloaded in the old WPM topic.

WhiteWolfSix, which version of WPM are you testing? And which version of phpBB3 are you using?

And for those who dont know, I just release the alpha version of my mod in the old topic found here.
NetBoss

Post by NetBoss »

does this mod work for RC4 ALSO? :idea:
http://www.bwinboard.com/gaming - Lookin for cooporate!
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

yes it does :D read the first post ;)
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

DualFusion wrote:WhiteWolfSix, which version of WPM are you testing? And which version of phpBB3 are you using?
I am testing 1.0.0 version and writing to this topic, not to topic of your new DEV MOD :mrgreen: ...and I am using RC4.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

Well, I have found that specific bug.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_send_id', '2');
The problem is that my forum has no user with id = 2, my id is 3. After correction of id, Welcome PM was finally displayed. :mrgreen:

Solution: You should add the comment to the installation text that admin should correct the ID ('wpm_send_id', '2') according to his/her real id.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
Curly07

Post by Curly07 »

Call me a noob here, but where exactly does the SQL in the MOD go to? This is one of the first few times that i've installed a Mod, and don't know where the SQL, any help would be good, thanks in advance. :D
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Curly07 wrote:Call me a noob here, but where exactly does the SQL in the MOD go to? This is one of the first few times that i've installed a Mod, and don't know where the SQL, any help would be good, thanks in advance. :D
In phpMyAdmin, you need to run it as a query.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

WhiteWolfSix: Well, in the acp, you can change the user that sends the id.
iyeru42 wrote:
Curly07 wrote:Call me a noob here, but where exactly does the SQL in the MOD go to? This is one of the first few times that i've installed a Mod, and don't know where the SQL, any help would be good, thanks in advance. :D
In phpMyAdmin, you need to run it as a query.
... If the user has MySQL
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

DualFusion wrote:... If the user has MySQL
Sorry, I shouldn't assume, I only said as such because Wolf said EasyPHP was used (which comes with phpMyAdmin, MySQL and PHP all ready to go).
  • PhpPgAdmin for PostgreSQL
  • phpMSAdmin for MSSQL
Either way, they still act similar to phpMyAdmin (See Similar Products).
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

DualFusion wrote:WhiteWolfSix: Well, in the acp, you can change the user that sends the id.
Yes, I found it. I just didn't realise that my ID is different than 2. :mrgreen:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
afredericks

Post by afredericks »

In the combo box (select) choose "Welcome PM on First Login.
I can not get this to appear in the combo box no matter what I do. I followed the instructions to a T. I have had this problem with other mods i have tried to install also. They just do not appear in the combo box for adding a module.
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

Have you made this installation step? Copy: root/includes/functions_wpm.php To: includes/functions_wpm.php
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
afredericks

Post by afredericks »

Indeed I have ... I can not figure out why. I have not ever been able to successfully add a new module because of these issues... I have tried restoring the default phpBB3 RC4 acp_board.php and info/acp_board.php 's and get the same error.
afredericks

Post by afredericks »

I figured it out, It was because I was keeping backups in the same directory. (acp and acp/info)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”