Upgrade from 2.0.22 > RC4 error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
sp3ctre

Upgrade from 2.0.22 > RC4 error

Post by sp3ctre »

Hi,

I have been trying to run an upgrade from my v2 board to RC4. I seem to be getting there, but finally came across this error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'user_lang' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (username, username_clean, user_password, user_pass_convert, user_email, user_email_hash, group_id, user_type, user_permissions, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_allow_pm, user_actkey, user_ip, user_regdate, user_passchg, user_inactive_reason, user_inactive_time, user_lastmark, user_lastvisit, user_lastpost_time, user_lastpage, user_posts, user_dst, user_colour, user_occ, user_interests, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_avatar_width, user_avatar_height, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_message_rules, user_full_folder, user_emailtime, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_notify_type, user_allow_viewonline, user_allow_viewemail, user_allow_massemail, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_sig_bbcode_bitfield) VALUES ('AdsBot [Google]', 'adsbot [google]', '', 0, '', '00', 39, 2, '', 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', NULL, 1, 1, '', '', 1186909057, 1186909057, 0, 0, 1186909057, 0, 0, '', 0, 0, '9E8DA7', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -3, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, '', '', '')

This seems like static data, so how come it is trying to insert a NULL value into a non null column?

Is this a bug? I imagine I could get around it by allowing NULL's on that column, then sort out the data and amend it back, but not sure that's the way forward.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J
david63

Re: Upgrade from 2.0.22 > RC4 error

Post by david63 »

Could you be a bit more specific as to the steps you have gone through and where you are getting this error, with a screenshot if possible.

You should not be getting that error when upgrading from phpbb2 > phpbb3 because the data that is trying to be inserted into the database would only occur when you install phpbb3
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

Thanks for the reply... here is a screenshot. It occurs on the "final step" when running through the upgrade pages.:

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

ok, fixed... I did another fresh install and tried again.. ir worked.

As far as I can see the problem was I binned off the data in the database earlier, and manually ran the install SQL and data SQL... should've worked I guess but must have done something wrong... anyway, working now, so onward and upward!

Thanks for the reply though
david63

Post by david63 »

After doing a bit of searching through the code I know what is causing the error but I have no idea why. The reason why the "user_lang" field is NULL is because you do not have a default language set in your config table - this should have been set when you started the conversion. The only time I have know for this to happen is when you do not have the language files available in your phpbb2 installation.

As for why it is installing the bots again is another mystery as to quote from the code
* This code should be used in execute_last if the source database did not have bots
and I do not know how this situation would arise.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”