[MODDB] ACP Announcement Centre 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
lefty74

Re: [BETA] ACP Announcement Centre 0.0.1a

Post by lefty74 »

IPlasma wrote: @Lefty,
is there any risk to enable URLs ? I saw you didnt.
change it if you like, i dont think its a problem to have them enabled. i had it disabled since you can also use the bbcode for links.

i might put an option in in a future version
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
draknight

Post by draknight »

Thanks for the traduction.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
yes... thank you very much for the translation
sorry, meant to have said that in my earlier post :oops:
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
IPlasma

Post by IPlasma »

lol@url bbcode
its so rare im using it, and now with the new bbcode addition system its easy to add too a scrolling text, i feel like a moron :D
you're welcome both
oscarmedc

Post by oscarmedc »

I guess I'm stupid, but I can't get this to work. It isn't showing.

I've uploaded root, templates, ACP_Announcement_Centre.xml and modx.prosilver.en.xsl to my phpBB3-folder. Is there anything else I have to do?
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi,

instead of uploading the .xml file, you should open it with your browser and follow the instructions you will find in that file.

Regards
Wolfgang
oscarmedc

Post by oscarmedc »

IPB_Refugee wrote:Hi,

instead of uploading the .xml file, you should open it with your browser and follow the instructions you will find in that file.

Regards
Wolfgang
I see. :) I made all the steps but the first. SQL is killing me. I'm in the database but I don't know how to add something. I get this error message: "#1582 - Duplicate entry 'announcement_enable' for key 'PRIMARY' ".

:(
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

looks like you already ran the SQL statement.

did you clear the cache and refresh templates etc?
lefty74
oscarmedc

Post by oscarmedc »

lefty74 wrote:looks like you already ran the SQL statement.

did you clear the cache and refresh templates etc?
I have cleared the cache and refreshed the templates...
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

so, what is not working? do you see the announcement part in the ACP, on the index?
i assumed you were getting the error message when you were in phpMyAdmin?

a bit more information would be useful, ;)
thanks
lefty74
Kleopatras_Sister

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

Hello

got big Problem after RC5 Update

i cant change know the Message, if i try i get this error message (above)

Please fix it and help me ..

thanks a lot
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

it appears that you are trying to enter a text that has more chars then config_value allows (255).

I am working on this so that the announcement centre is pulling the data from its own data and not from the config data....

but i am nowhere near release yet, its basically the next thing i will be focussing on but i dont know when i will get round doing it though.

sorry
lefty74
Kleopatras_Sister

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

relly because 255 ?

because before i updatet to rc5 (from 4) i dont get this error meesage, the mod cuts automaticly the to much caracters

so thats confuse me know, because now and error ? you r really rigth ?

sorry about my bad english

hope you will understand me :oops:
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

i am afraid so, i only put a lot of text in the announcements field and got the same error, i do not know why, well i havent looked as to why yet.
lefty74
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

Hello.

I installed this mod on my local forum and work (RC5 version).
I installed it and it work on my live forum, it use toworked, but I had have to delete all my forum files and start with a new RC5 version and I do the same on my local forum.

Now, on my live forum I have that when I try to go to ACP:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 155: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
I use exactely (I think :? ) the same Base Of data and exactely (I'm sure) the same files on my live forum as my local forum.

So, where is the problem ? May it's the fact that I deleted all files wihtout delete the MOD ? But, even if is that, why on my local forum I havn't got the same error ?

Thanks for help.

= = = = = =
EDIT:

I have up load on my live Base of data the configuration of my local base of data. Now I have exactely the same configuration on my local forum as on my live forum.

But I still have a problem:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)

Is not exactely the same trouble, but I can't go to ACP.
Theory, it is when nothing works, and when we know why.
Practice, it is when everything works, and when we do not know why.

Here, both are combined: nothing works, and nobody knows why.
Albert Einstein

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”