[MODDB] Approval MOD v2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
arppo

Re: [RC] Approval MOD v2.0

Post by arppo »

I have v1.0.0 installed on phpbb2 and I'm not a coding pro, that being said I had no problem installing your approval mod. With v2.0 do I have to uninstall v1.0.0 before I install v2.0? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

arppo wrote:With v2.0 do I have to uninstall v1.0.0 before I install v2.0?
Yes, you have to uninstall v1.0.0. Version 2.0.0 was written entirely from scratch, so an "upgrade" is not possible.
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

Uncle.f, any luck?
sceltic

Post by sceltic »

i am confused. i can read back and see that simple sub forums was a problem in version 1, but then see it was fixed in version 2.
does this latest version 2 work with simple sub forums.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

sceltic wrote:i am confused. i can read back and see that simple sub forums was a problem in version 1, but then see it was fixed in version 2. does this latest version 2 work with simple sub forums.
Yes, it does. Check the documentation section about compatibility.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

abhishek1711 wrote:
uncle.f wrote:Most likely a conflict with subforums mod. Please provide the link to MOD download/description page.
thnks its the simple sbforums mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 974&hilit=
This MOD has compatibility fix available. It is located in the contrib directory of the Approval MOD.
It should be applied after installing the main Approval MOD.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Aspid wrote:
uncle.f wrote:
Aspid wrote: Separate Announcements & Sticky
Global announcement
Democracy MOD
Group ModeratorZ
These four look suspicious. Please provide the links to MOD download and description pages.
Uncle.f, have you found something or you need some additional information?
Well, I looked into the code of the above MODs and could not see anything that should cause the problem you are experiencing. However, firstly, phpBB 2.0.21 is not officially supported as it was never tested by me. Is there a chance you could upgrade to 2.0.22? Secondly, if you cannot go to 2.0.22 or if you still have the same problem please email me copies of the following files:

templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl
viewtopic.php

Lastly, make sure you've got this file in the right place:

templates/subSilver/images/icon_approve.gif

...and make sure you have installed the compatibility fix for the Global Announcements MOD.
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

Well, I looked into the code of the above MODs and could not see anything that should cause the problem you are experiencing. However, firstly, phpBB 2.0.21 is not officially supported as it was never tested by me. Is there a chance you could upgrade to 2.0.22? Secondly, if you cannot go to 2.0.22 or if you still have the same problem please email me copies of the following files:

templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl
viewtopic.php

Lastly, make sure you've got this file in the right place:

templates/subSilver/images/icon_approve.gif

...and make sure you have installed the compatibility fix for the Global Announcements MOD.
Hi Uncle.f! Thank you for looking into this. I think it will be very difficult to go up to 2.0.22 since the forum is highly MODified. If it possible to look at these files I'll appreciate this very much. I've sent it to you by email. Also I've installed the fix and checked the location of gif, but no luck.
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

uncle.f wrote:However, firstly, phpBB 2.0.21 is not officially supported as it was never tested by me. Is there a chance you could upgrade to 2.0.22?
Ok, I was too quick to judge - the update to 2.0.22 went without any problem (at least it looks like :) ). However, it doesn't fixed nothing. But I have found very interesting thing - I see approval button only for the posts that I've done by myself! I did several tests and tried to use few moderator users, but for some strange reason the forum doesn't treat these users as moderators for purpose of approval! And this is only in topic view! In "View unapproved posts" everything is fine.

Also there is not much changes in viewtopic.php, only this:

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------- 
# Line 44 
   $post_id = intval($HTTP_GET_VARS[POST_POST_URL]); 
} 

$start = ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) ) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) : 0; 

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
$start = ($start < 0) ? 0 : $start; 

# 
It looks like the forum for some reason doesn't recognize moderator for approval purpose...
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

Small update - the same problem appear if I define user as "Can approve posts".
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

Last and I think final update - I've found what was the reason for the problem and fixed it :lol:

It was pretty simple - there was conflict with Democracy MOD. It use the same tag for one of it's icons - APPROVE_IMG. So I've change it to APPROV_IMG for Approval MOD 2.0 and everything now working just great!

Thank you once again for great mod!
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Aspid wrote:Last and I think final update - I've found what was the reason for the problem and fixed it :lol:

It was pretty simple - there was conflict with Democracy MOD. It use the same tag for one of it's icons - APPROVE_IMG. So I've change it to APPROV_IMG for Approval MOD 2.0 and everything now working just great!

Thank you once again for great mod!
That is great news! Thanks for your research. It surely can help others having similar problems. I am thinking if I should change the icon tag in the MOD before submitting it to the MODs database.
Aspid

Post by Aspid »

One more note - the mod working just fine on 2.0.21, it was only the issue with the tag. So you can publish this too.
superblue

Post by superblue »

Great mod Uncle F thankyou my first mod (well second after easyMOD!) installed fine on my board using easyMOD

One question: How easy would it be to add a delete link to be included in the notify email along with the approve/view links?

Just me being lazy it would be nice to be able to delete some posts directly from the email rather than having to login to the forum.

Calv
robert.bbs

Database repair

Post by robert.bbs »

Excellent MOD, I installed it using easymod and all is well. I do have one small issue. The host I use had one of its partitions fill up, the one holding the MySql database file. After freeing up some space, and running MySql repair, the board is back up, however the "need to be approved" counts are off.

I am refering the the counts that show up on index pages in parens. For example:

topics: 5 (2) posts: 25 (2)
unjuddy View latest post [unapproved]

this when there are actually no unapproved posts. Is there a way to get these numbers in sync with the current state of the board? Note in the example above "unjuddy" has no post waiting to be approved, it has already been deleted.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”