[RC1] User Useragent Stats

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Dabroz

[RC1] User Useragent Stats

Post by Dabroz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:38 pm

I made this modification as example use of phPKG, but you may want to install it as separate MOD. ;) It adds list of used systems and browsers by user in his viewprofile. There is also timestamp when the user was using every UA. The data is cached each time uses posts.

There is one screenshot: You can easily install it with phPKG, but if you don't want to, there is a direct link: However if you want to install them by yourself, you will also need two other modifications: UA field in posts_table and imageset. You can get it here: If you already have UA field in your posts table, you will only have to adjust field name (this MODs use post_ua name). Try it out! ;)
Last edited by Dabroz on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.phpbb2.pl - the first and the biggest Polish phpBB site.
My tools and MODs: phPKG (dev3) • User Useragent Stats
If you appreciate my work, you can donate me with PayPal.

playerfr

Re: [RC1] User Useragent Stats

Post by playerfr » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:30 pm

That is amazing :o
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:46 pm

realy its great mod :) but does this mod get data from the user system?

if do it what about this mod load on server

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:09 pm

ac_roma wrote:realy its great mod :) but does this mod get data from the user system?

I do not really understand first question... But I'll try to explain how do things work.

1) MOD with id=7 (postua) adds `user_ua` field in `phpbb_posts` table. It also extends submit function that the user agent is read when user posts. It is stored fo further use.
2) MOD with id=15 (feature-gfxua) adds images and functions to convert raw Useragent into System/browser strings
3) This MOD uses both of these features to read data from all user's posts and to process them. It takes some time (but really: this is fast by itself unless someone is using thousends of user-agents ;) ), so resulting data is stored in cache (one cache file for each user). The cache is used when another user want to view profile. Cache is destroyed when user submits another post. So the impact on system load is minimal.

There are also my MODs that display textual and graphical User-Agent in viewtopic for each post, but they are so simple that there is no point to upload them here, I guess (until someone asks for them). ;) They (all of them, actually) can be installed, however, by phPKG. ;)

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:34 pm

Dabroz wrote:
ac_roma wrote:realy its great mod :) but does this mod get data from the user system?

I do not really understand first question... But I'll try to explain how do things work.

1) MOD with id=7 (postua) adds `user_ua` field in `phpbb_posts` table. It also extends submit function that the user agent is read when user posts. It is stored fo further use.
2) MOD with id=15 (feature-gfxua) adds images and functions to convert raw Useragent into System/browser strings
3) This MOD uses both of these features to read data from all user's posts and to process them. It takes some time (but really: this is fast by itself unless someone is using thousends of user-agents ;) ), so resulting data is stored in cache (one cache file for each user). The cache is used when another user want to view profile. Cache is destroyed when user submits another post. So the impact on system load is minimal.

There are also my MODs that display textual and graphical User-Agent in viewtopic for each post, but they are so simple that there is no point to upload them here, I guess (until someone asks for them). ;) They (all of them, actually) can be installed, however, by phPKG. ;)
thanks for explain Dabroz ;)

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:38 am

I can't download the files, I followed your instructions but it doesn't work. Can you make downloads available in zip or rar file plz? I want to install this manually because I want to know what I change at my board :)

I'm really interested to use this/these MODS.

Grtz,

Nic

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:23 pm

OK, I made a ZIP package. See first post.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Nice ).
Sorry for my bad English

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Great, thank you very much!!!!

Nic

Marius_Krack

Post by Marius_Krack » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:00 pm

What about other Stats e.g.
- URL that was called from the Users
- Entry Pages
- Exit Pages
- Referrers
- Search Strings (check Referrers from Entry Pages (Google and so on))

sorry for my bad(?) English, but I am from Germany.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”