Assigning posts to a different user

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Timmer

Assigning posts to a different user

Post by Timmer »

I have two problems right now, both involving members who opened more than one account.

In each case the members made posts from two different accounts. What I would like to do is put all the posts under a single username then delete the duplicate account.

Is there a way to do this?

If not, are there database queries that can make this happen? I know all the user_id values and could log into the MySQL engine.

Thank you!

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Assigning posts to a different user

Post by karlsemple »

when viewing a post clicking the little question mark icon will take you to the post details screen where you can assign the post to a new member if you have the proper moderator permissions set for your acount :)

Timmer

Re: Assigning posts to a different user

Post by Timmer »

karlsemple wrote:when viewing a post clicking the little question mark icon will take you to the post details screen where you can assign the post to a new member if you have the proper moderator permissions set for your acount :)
Thank you for the excellent reply. I really appreciate it.

Is there any way to do this on more than one post at a time? I don't know if I want to use the above procedure 1,000+ times. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”