Moderator/Groups Hidden on main forum

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Funk Theory

Moderator/Groups Hidden on main forum

Post by Funk Theory »

I have searched here first. I would like to have the moderators on my forum so that on the main forum when you add the mod to the group, it doesnt appear in every sub forum as their name displayed.

I just want to give them permissions to moderate and have their status hidden on the main part of the forum. Is this possible?
Hope this make sense.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: Moderator/Groups Hidden on main forum

Post by battye »

So you want them to appear on the index, but not on the view forum page?

Open viewforum_body.tpl and find

Code: Select all

<br /><span class="gensmall"><b>{L_MODERATOR}: {MODERATORS}
Then remove it.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory »

No I dont want the groups or moderators to appear anywhere except in usergroups.
Currently in permissions as you know when the user has permission they appear on the main forum as their name. Thanks again.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

You have the option, in the Group Management, to hide a usergroup, so it won't appear anywhere at all. Is this what you mean?
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory »

No. As an example on my forum in my sig. My moderator distant voice in site updates at present appears on the forum. When I make him moderator of all of the forum categories or some, on every forum his name will appear. This is what I would like to hide for him and future mods. Cheers.

(UPDATE - I have added a screenshot of what I would like to hide)

Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory »

Just wondered if anyone could help on this please?
StefanL

Post by StefanL »

I believe that battye is in right direction if I understand your problem correct. You don’t want the Moderators to know each other.

As per battye:
[NOTE:Code edited]
OPEN veiwforum_body.tpl
FIND

{L_MODERATOR}: {MODERATORS}
REPLACE WITH

<!--{//L_MODERATOR}: {//MODERATORS}-->
OPEN index_body.tpl
FIND

{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}
REPLACE WITH

<!--{//catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {//catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}-->

Hope this helps.
Last edited by StefanL on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I suggest that you should alter your files, BACKUP them BEFORE.
some blind fool

Post by some blind fool »

Funk Theory wrote:I just want to give them permissions to moderate and have their status hidden on the main part of the forum. Is this possible?
Hope this make sense.
basicly, instead of your forum's index page listing 'forum name, forum description, forum moderators', you only want it to show 'forum name, forum description', regardless of whether or not there are moderators for the forum, yes?

try this. iirc, hidden groups don't show up anywhere, unless you're an admin or a member, and that's only in the usergroups page. don't set individual users as moderators or with moderator permissions. create a hidden group, give that group the moderation permissions, and add to it the forum members that you want as moderators for the forum/s that the group has permission to moderate.

if you're going to have one group moderate the whole forum, then you only need one hidden group with moderator abilities. but, if you're going to have one group of people to moderate forum A, and another group to moderate forum B, (or one group to moderate the whole forum, and a few extra people to moderate one or more specific forums,) then you'll need multiple hidden groups set up the same way.

note that groups don't have to contain multiple people. also note that people can be members of more than one group. so, no mod needed. as admin, you should be able to set up the group/s through the ACP, and populate them through the page for viewing the group.

edit.. reread some of the thread.
StefanL wrote:I believe that battye is in right direction if I understand your problem correct. You don’t want the Moderators to know each other.
i don't think it's that he doesn't want the mod's to know eachother. it's that he doesn't want people to know who's moderating the forum without going to the usergroups page, and looking at the member list for the assigned group. in which case, the 'moderators: name 1, name 2' part of the index and viewforum pages would have to be commented out.
Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory »

basicly, instead of your forum's index page listing 'forum name, forum description, forum moderators', you only want it to show 'forum name, forum description', regardless of whether or not there are moderators for the forum, yes?
Correct - I dont want the moderator or any groups to appear on my main forum.
whats iirc? im on version 2.022. I dont want to upgrade yet if thats what you mean.
some blind fool

Post by some blind fool »

iirc = if i recall correctly. nothing to do with upgrading. :)

StefanL has the right idea, but slashing the code out doesn't appear to be the correct way to do it. i tried it, and all it did was switch the forum from displaying the mod's to displaying the code that's changed. :(

so, try this...

in subSilver/index_body.tpl, find and remove

<span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}</span>
in subSilver/viewforum_body.tpl, find and remove

{L_MODERATOR}: {MODERATORS}<br />
if you have other templates installed, the coding in the .tpl files might not match up. if it doesn't, search for MODERATOR and you should be able to find what you need to remove.
Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory »

iirc - i thought meant...rc release candidate :lol: np

I will try your suggestion this weekend. Im familiar with how the software works so I will edit the sub black versions of those files and let you know how I get on, thanks for your help :D
Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory »

Spot on! Works fine now, the mods dont appear on the main forum anymore and I dont see any errors yet either, thanks a lot for your help :D
StefanL

Post by StefanL »

some blind fool wrote:iirc = if i recall correctly. nothing to do with upgrading. :)

StefanL has the right idea, but slashing the code out doesn't appear to be the correct way to do it. i tried it, and all it did was switch the forum from displaying the mod's to displaying the code that's changed. :(
Code changed above so now it works.
When I suggest that you should alter your files, BACKUP them BEFORE.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”