[2.0.18] Auto Cookies

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
8%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 390

geocator

Re: [2.0.18] Auto Cookies

Post by geocator »

Correct, this is only for 2.0.x. I am not fluent with 3.x, you will need to post in the support forum for assistance.
Lamirjam

Post by Lamirjam »

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

After this i use used Auto Cookies Detection and Reset program to fix this and got the warning:

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 137

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 137

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 137

Warning: main(./../common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 138

Warning: main(./../common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 138

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 138

Warning: main(./../language/lang_english/lang_main.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 141

Warning: main(./../language/lang_english/lang_main.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 141

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../language/lang_english/lang_main.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 141

Warning: main(./../language/lang_english/lang_admin.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 142

Warning: main(./../language/lang_english/lang_admin.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 142

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../language/lang_english/lang_admin.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/forums/install/cookie.php on line 142

My Suggested Cookie Settings: Still nothings working and could u help:

http://forums.guild-euphoria.com/phpBB2/
geocator

Post by geocator »

This will not fix message_die issues. For all the errors you either placed this script in the wrong place or are missing a lot of files. I suggest you open a topic in the support forums asking for help.
blueski

Post by blueski »

When I unzip the download it has two files, the "install folder" and "auto_cookies" which seems to be a movie clip. Do I upload both files into the install folder I create?
geocator

Post by geocator »

The .mod file is a text file with instructions. You need to upload the cookies.php file to the install folder.
Inflikted

Post by Inflikted »

ok well i tried to use this program to fix my autologin feature. but it failed to work.
these were my settings
My Current Cookie Settings:
  • Domain Name: www.rndpromir3.com
  • Server Port: 80
  • Script path: /Forums/
  • Cookie secure: Disabled
  • Cookie domain: www.rndpromir3.com
  • Cookie path: /Forums/
  • Cookie name: phpBB2_forum
  • Session length [ seconds ]: 3600
  • Allow automatic logins: Yes
  • Automatic login key expiry: 0
My Suggested Cookie Settings:
  • Domain Name: www.rndpromir3.com
  • Server Port: 80
  • Script path: /Forums/
  • Cookie secure: Disabled
  • Cookie domain: www.rndpromir3.com
  • Cookie path: /Forums
  • Cookie name: phpBB2_forum
  • Session length [ seconds ]: 3600
  • Allow automatic logins: Yes
  • Automatic login key expiry: 0
i used the suggested settings.. but still a no go.. i opened up the cookies it was trying to save for me.. this is what i was getting

Code: Select all

undefined
www.rndpromir3.com/Forums/
phpBB2_forum_data
a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A11%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%22%3Bi%3A-1%3B%7D
www.rndpromir3.com/Forums/
the undefined striked me as odd, since I looked at other cookie files, and they all had actual names lol not undefined :) also i am using phpportal, i am not sure would this be the problem too maybe? since it forwards everyone to home.php not index.php
geocator

Post by geocator »

The issue is that the portal is not in the same directory. Try / as the cookie path.
Swader

Post by Swader »

Hi geo,

Any plans to make such a mod for phpBB3?
It would prove very handy just like this one.

Thanks.
Inflikted

Post by Inflikted »

tried that out mr. geocator unfortunately with that suggestions you cant even login to the forums lol :)

anyone else have any suggestions? im about to scrap phpbb and move onto some other forums that work better.
geocator

Post by geocator »

Inflikted wrote:tried that out mr. geocator unfortunately with that suggestions you cant even login to the forums lol :)

anyone else have any suggestions? im about to scrap phpbb and move onto some other forums that work better.
Your best bet it to open a post in the support forum.
velocity

Post by velocity »

Great stuff, built myself a small webby with a phpbb2 forum added, using a subdomian of my host.
Bought myself a new domain and go host to change sub domain to domain i had bought.
Then found i couldnt login to my admin area of the forums :( but using auto cookies i am now able to login to admin area, the only problem i need to sort now is that you have to login every visit even though you tick remember me it doesnt seem to storing the cookies correctly :o
Can anyone help please it doesnt stop you using the forums but is becomming a pain to have to sign in every time.

Thanks
geocator

Post by geocator »

Please start a post in the support area. Post your current cookie settings, someone there will sort you out :)
gorbachev

Post by gorbachev »

I am having problems with people using IE not being able to log in. It seems to be ignoring them. Is that what this mod fixes?

phpbb v2.0.21
geocator

Post by geocator »

gorbachev wrote:I am having problems with people using IE not being able to log in. It seems to be ignoring them. Is that what this mod fixes?

phpbb v2.0.21
Possibly. It is worth a shot. You might also post in the support forum for assistance.
gociak

Post by gociak »

I have tried this mod, but i have still problems. :( 404 page :( Can somebody help me. Please?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”