[ABD] Paid Subscriptions.

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
xfactornos

Re: [DEV] Paid Subscriptions.

Post by xfactornos »

:-) Hope its still coming good :-) This will be the first mod i get. Phpbb needs to be gold soon also haha. Keep up the good work ! :D
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

I already have this. I use the phpbb db with mod_auth_mysql to auth users and a script "Ruby / mod_ruby" that my payment provider (Verotel TicketsClub) runs when a payment is made or when an account deletes. Works great, the script just changes the users default group. The default group Registered members have access to some forums, my Members groups has access to more forums plus a secure paid area.
clight77

Post by clight77 »

Seeker wrote:I already have this. I use the phpbb db with mod_auth_mysql to auth users and a script "Ruby / mod_ruby" that my payment provider (Verotel TicketsClub) runs when a payment is made or when an account deletes. Works great, the script just changes the users default group. The default group Registered members have access to some forums, my Members groups has access to more forums plus a secure paid area.
Hi could you please provide more information on exactly what and how you did this :)

Thanks
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

Hmm he has not replied in long time he must be on holidays.
kab012345

Post by kab012345 »

Is this mod still being developed? :?
If not, I found a site that has already developed one.. http://www.phpbbsupport.com/2007/08/27/ ... scription/ :ugeek:
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

kab012345 wrote:Is this mod still being developed? :?
If not, I found a site that has already developed one.. http://www.phpbbsupport.com/2007/08/27/ ... scription/ :ugeek:
Seems like you have to pay for their services and mod.
kab012345

Post by kab012345 »

JunglistPerfection wrote:
kab012345 wrote:Is this mod still being developed? :?
Seems like you have to pay for their services and mod.
Yeah.. :(
That is why I'm hoping this mod is still being developed. :oops:
notsa

Post by notsa »

cool cant wait matye
Psalm23

Post by Psalm23 »

any word
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

clight77 wrote: Hi could you please provide more information on exactly what and how you did this :)
Thanks
Sure. mod_auth_mysql uses the phpbb_users table username, password fields and group_id. Apache config looks like this:
<Location /members/>
AuthName "Secure Location"
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider mysql
AuthMySQLHost localhost
AuthMySQLUser XXXXXXXX
AuthMySQLPassword XXXXXXXX
AuthMySQLDB my_phpbb_db
AuthMySQLUserTable phpbb_users
AuthMySQLNameField username
AuthMySQLPasswordField user_password
AuthMySQLGroupField group_id
AuthMySQLPwEncryption md5
AuthMySQLEnable On
require group 5 7
</Location>
admin is group 5 and I have a paid user group 7. If a user is in 7 they see a link to the member area. Clicking will open a login box which if they have the correct credentials they can access the secure area.

I have a script that is run by my payment processor Verotel TicketsClub. The script I use is modified version the the TicketsClub rum script that I wrote in Ruby. You can easily use perl and probably php. All it does is change the user from the default group 2 to 7 when they purchase. If they delete the user simply get moved back to default group 2. The only issue I had with Ticketclub is to inform then to setup my account using rum 1.01 version 2 may work but I have never used it.

You don't even need to have a secure area or use mod_auth_mysql if you don't have a secure area and only want to change for certain forums. It basically works the same way just use a special group that has access to those forums and have your script move the user.

You must be careful with secondary groups. I found this really only works based on the default group.
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

Any news on this mod?????
Seems Poyntesm hasn't visited this site since Tue Sep 25, 2007 or posted on his own site since Fri Sep 14, 2007.
Hope nothings wrong!!!

Gareth
MewDragon

Post by MewDragon »

It's a great idea, I'd use this mod.
Slow958

Post by Slow958 »

I can't wait!!! :D
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

Please please post an update on progress of this mod or if it has been abandoned.
Getting desperate.
Cheers
Gareth
Xocitus

Post by Xocitus »

There is already a Subscription MOD on: http://bbs.loewen.com.sg/viewtopic.php?t=1014 (In Beta)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”