[RC2] Multiple PM Recipients 0.6.1 (MMW)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
PupChow

Re: [RC2] Multiple PM Recipients 0.6.1 (MMW)

Post by PupChow »

Great mod! The only 2 little things I have a very minor issue with and hoping somebody can help:

1) Can the little + sign be to the right of the field right from the start? Instead of popping to the right after I added in a name / added another field.

2) When previewing, is there any way to list all the receipients' name in a single line, instead of having one line for each name?

Thanks!
nims

Post by nims »

Even I am facing the same problem, I sent PM to around 2000 members on my forum to check a new feature, but only few members got PM :(

Is there any other similar MOD ?
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne
tarotamerica

Post by tarotamerica »

I get a "Sorry, but no such user exists." message when I fill in the first field. I don't get this message filling in the added feilds.
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein
tarotamerica

Post by tarotamerica »

There is a bug that when I fill in any user in the first field I get the "sorry, but no such user exists" message.

I can send PMs successfully to multiple people so long as I leave the first field blank.

I would like to find a way to remove the first field, and bring the "Find a username" function to the second field.
—Albert Einstein
theleetbeagle

Post by theleetbeagle »

I have created a very roundabout way to bypass the problem of not being able to use the TAB key properly.

What I've done is created a new Send PM window that uses a customized (stripped down) PM form. See link below:

http://www.wtata.com/forum/images/pm.gif

As you can see, the page header is gone along with the emoticons, etc. This was necessary so that TAB'ing once brings you directly to the username field. As an afterthought, you can put all that below the submit button and it will still work. I ended up doing this with the bbCode stuff.

Here's how:

First, I copied privmsg.php to privmsg_clean.php.

Inside privmsg_clean.php find:

$template->set_filenames(array(
'body' => 'posting_body.tpl')

replace with:

$template->set_filenames(array(
'body' => 'posting_body_clean.tpl')

Then inside privmsg_clean.php I replaced all instances of

includes/page_header

with

includes/page_header_clean

I then copied includes/page_header.php to includes/page_header_clean.php

Inside includes/page_header_clean.php replace the one instance of overall_header.tpl with overall_header_clean.tpl

Then copy overall_header.tpl to overall_header_clean.tpl.

Open overall_header_clean.tpl and remove everything (or at least remove all TAB'able hyperlinks, etc.).

Hopefully you're starting to get the idea...

Edit posting_body_clean.tpl so that it tabs properly by removing anything that is TAB'able (hyperlinks, images, etc) so that your goal is by pressing TAB once you get username field. TAB twice for plus sign. TAB thrice fo username field #2 and so on.

Put a link up on your board in the form of:

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/privmsg_c ... ?mode=post

This link will point to all the newly created _clean files which will result in the image I have above.

Best of all, you get to keep your original PM window.

For a fully working demo visit my site at http://www.wtata.com/forum - register and select the template liteSilver and you can test it out.

-Nick.
hmartin

Post by hmartin »

PupChow wrote:1) Can the little + sign be to the right of the field right from the start? Instead of popping to the right after I added in a name / added another field.
This is the way it appears to me. Please PM me a screenshot and the browser you are using.
PupChow wrote:2) When previewing, is there any way to list all the receipients' name in a single line, instead of having one line for each name?
Again, this is the behavior I'm seeing. Please send a screenshot and I'll look and see what I can do.
nims wrote: Even I am facing the same problem, I sent PM to around 2000 members on my forum to check a new feature, but only few members got PM :(
I'm sorry to hear that, I've never seen similar behavior. Did you use the ACP or the regular PM interface?
tarotamerica wrote:I get a "Sorry, but no such user exists." message when I fill in the first field. I don't get this message filling in the added feilds.
What do you have "Die on nonexistent recipient" set to in the configuration ACP?
My MODs:
Multiple PM Recipients - Send PMs to multiple users simultaneously
Stylist - Users can modify a forum's appearance by uploading custom CSS files
Download All Attachments As Zip - Download multiple attachments in a single zip file.
Collapsible Categories - Cleanly collapse categories on the index page
tarotamerica

Post by tarotamerica »

hmartin wrote:
tarotamerica wrote:I get a "Sorry, but no such user exists." message when I fill in the first field. I don't get this message filling in the added feilds.
What do you have "Die on nonexistent recipient" set to in the configuration ACP?
I had it set on "no" but either yes or no yields the same result.
—Albert Einstein
beggers

Post by beggers »

Before I try installying this, could someone explain how to create the list of members to send PMs to? Can you save the list for use in the future?
hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon »

Having trouble sending PMs to all users, I have an activated users of more than 25000. When I try to send PMs to all users, the page times out after a few minutes. I already set max_execution_time to 600 in php.ini but still it wasn't able to send PMs to all users. I also edited the query to send the PMs to activated accounts only.

Anyone? Please help.
zuker

Post by zuker »

tarotamerica wrote:There is a bug that when I fill in any user in the first field I get the "sorry, but no such user exists" message.

I can send PMs successfully to multiple people so long as I leave the first field blank.

I would like to find a way to remove the first field, and bring the "Find a username" function to the second field.
I can't make it work fine. Somethings pm's are send to a couple of users , sometimes to anothers, using the same users
*Capmaster*

Post by *Capmaster* »

Got it installed ...almost. The installation requires files be downloaded from another site and moved into the Javascript folder on the server. The site's inaccessible.

Why didn't you just include the files in the mod .zip file? :roll:
nims

Post by nims »

hmartin wrote:
nims wrote: Even I am facing the same problem, I sent PM to around 2000 members on my forum to check a new feature, but only few members got PM :(
I'm sorry to hear that, I've never seen similar behavior. Did you use the ACP or the regular PM interface?
I used ACP to send the PMs
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne
hungrywolf

Post by hungrywolf »

Hello,

I am trying to install this mod using EasyMod. But it doesn't seem to install.

I am a noob and if anyone can guide me through the steps I will be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Derek
AllanTan

Post by AllanTan »

I have installed this Mod but i seem to be having a problem. I can't type anything when i try to send a PM. The area for typing seems to be shaded and i can't type in it. Please help. Attached is a screenshot:

By the way i have also have Advanced BBCode Box v5.1.0 installed, would there be a conflict??

Please kindly help and if there's any info needed, just let me know.

Thanks

Allan :oops:
bmay33

Post by bmay33 »

Hi,

I installed this mod on a heavily modded phpbb2 forum. I went back and double checked all the files for errors etc but I continue to get error messages. It sent the message through to all members that I'm aware of (I have 18 pages of the same PM in my outbox waiting on people to open it) on the forum which has almost 2500 members. I uploaded the backup files in the meantime until this can be fixed.

All users are receiving this message when trying to access their PM boxes while the new modded files are installed..
Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/content/p/i/x/pixelgirls/html/privmsg.php on line 2375
(already checked it, and its the last line of the file.. nothing but the ?> is there.

Also getting the emailer.php error that was posted earlier in this topic as well.

I installed it manually since I'm using a custom style and a heavily modded forum.
Mods installed:(most manually)
Easymod
admin userlist
admin userlist IP addon
anti-bot
dhtml menu for ACP
multi BBCode
Resize posted images based on max width
Restrict Sig Size
Announcement Center
Expire Unactivated Users
Custom FAQ