Before creating a topic in the MOD Requests forums, we ask that users first search for their desired MOD. In many cases, the MOD will have already been created, thus searching will save you a lot of time.
In phpBB3, the search function is very flexible, so searching for a particular MOD is a quick and easy process.
- Click the search button in the top right of the screen: Search
- In the "Search for keywords" field, enter keywords specific to the MOD you are looking for.
- Just below, in the "Search in forums" field, select the forums that apply to you. For instance, if you are looking for a Shoutbox MOD for phpBB 3.0.x, you would select (by holding down "Ctrl" and left clicking on Windows, or "Command" and left clicking on Mac) [3.0.x] MOD Database Releases and perhaps [3.0.x] MODs in Development (Note: MODs in Development are not recommended for use on a live forum, bear this in mind when installing development MODs).
- Further down the search page, next to "Display results as:", ensure "Topics" is selected. This will save time as you won't have to trawl through many posts from the same topic.
- When you are satisfied, click the "Search" button.
- You should then see a listing of all related MODs. Follow the links to any that are appealing to you.
If you wish to request a MOD for phpBB 3.0.x, proceed to create a new topic in the [3.0.x] MOD Requests forum.
Please don't make your topic title ambiguous, this will lead to your topic being less likely to be read because it does not clearly define what you wish to request, for example:
"Help, please!!!" is ambiguous, where as "Opt out of mass e-mail" is not.
Do not use all CAPS, it will result in your topic being locked, even if only half the topic title is all caps.
In the message body, ensure you clearly outline the functionality you wish the MOD to have.
phpBB.com does not have "official" MOD authors. All MOD authors volunteer their time when creating MODs, and as such, there is no guarantee your MOD Request will be fulfilled.
The MOD Request forums are not for phpBB support, MOD support or any other MOD related questions or topics. If you are unsure where your topic fits, feel free to PM a MOD Team member for clarification.
Let us reiterate, MODs in Development are not recommended for use on a live forum, it is important that you bear this in mind when installing development MODs. If you are not confident with MODs, it is advised that you only use MODs validated by the MOD Team. All validated MODs can be found in the MOD Database.
phpBB MOD Team
Last updated: February 11, 2010