Approval MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 20

nims

Re: Approval MOD

Post by nims » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:28 am

Thanks, I guess you are right, I should first try it on local server. But just one problem that I foresee is uninstalling Post Control MOD as I have not installed it using Easy MOD. There must be many many people interested to switch to a better option like Approval MOD (and V2.0) but if someone could just write a guide on switching from "Post control to Approval" that would be great. I wish I could, but my skills are limited at this point of time.
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne

bluecalv

modcp

Post by bluecalv » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:06 pm

How do I access the moderator control panel?

TIA

Calv

uncle.f

Re: modcp

Post by uncle.f » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:05 pm

bluecalv wrote:How do I access the moderator control panel?
This had already been answered here. Go a few pages back.

bluecalv

Re: modcp

Post by bluecalv » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:42 pm

uncle.f wrote:
bluecalv wrote:How do I access the moderator control panel?
This had already been answered here. Go a few pages back.
Thanks uncles.f - sorry to trouble you..

Calv

makenoiz

Post by makenoiz » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:57 am

I have gone back a few page and read about the control panel, I have read the instructions, read me, 2 hours of searching on the forum and I cant set the mod up. I have it installed with no problems, but I cant see where to set the permissions. I never get the The general forum permissions box... where is it? I clicked on Forum Admin > Permissions in the admin panel but I just get the standard stuff.

Any help would be appreciated. Im really tired of looking. BTW, I dont have any user groups.... do I have to?

EZMod install went great
using Approval 2.0
using phpbb 2.0.22

What am I missing?

makenoiz :twisted:
Last edited by makenoiz on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

makenoiz

Post by makenoiz » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:14 am

Ok I made 2 groups, then I was able to set permissions however, the post are still getting through. The reg system does not ask people what group they want to be in. II dont want to deal with usergroups. just simply want all posts to go to admin first. It seems like this should be simple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

makenoiz :twisted:

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:01 am

makenoiz wrote:Ok I made 2 groups, then I was able to set permissions however, the post are still getting through. The reg system does not ask people what group they want to be in.
Correct. Therefore, you need to set approval to on by default in your forum(s). This is whether you want or do not want to deal with the user groups.

If you do not want to deal with groups, the only way to achieve it is using ranks and setting the options accordingly.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Approval MOD

Post by Paul » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:34 pm

MOD Updated to version 2.0.0
See first post for Download Link
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:48 am

After installing this mod why don't I see in the ACP this?

That is the "Reset Approval"

probably because there is no file included in the download perhaps to upload into the admin folder?
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:10 am

RMcGirr83 wrote:After installing this mod why don't I see in the ACP this?
That is the "Reset Approval"
probably because there is no file included in the download perhaps to upload into the admin folder?
Yes and no :-)

The "Reset Approval" functionality is normally not required. It is an add-on that you can install if you experience some kind of database inconsistencies. The file to be copied to the admin folder is located in the contrib/scripts folder of the MOD archive.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:30 am

Ah, okay.

what about this?

Image I see no (#) on index.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:40 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:I see no (#) on index.
I cannot see anything on the image you posted -- it is too small.
Which number are you talking about exactly?

If you mean the number of unapproved posts that is supposed to show up as a number in brackets you have to make sure that:
  • You are logged in as a user/mod/admin who can approve posts in that particular forum you are looking at
  • There are actually unapproved posts in that forum

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:00 pm

That is exactly what I am talking about. Sorry about the pic, but yes I am logged in as Admin and when viewing a forum I can see that posts need to be approved but not when viewing the index.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:19 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:That is exactly what I am talking about. Sorry about the pic, but yes I am logged in as Admin and when viewing a forum I can see that posts need to be approved but not when viewing the index.
Try installing the contrib/scripts/admin_sync_all.php script and run it from ACP to synchronize every post in all of your forums. If that does not help, then install contrib/scripts/admin_approval_reset.php script and run it from ACP followed by the 'Sync All' script (this will reset all posts approval status and resynchronize your forums). Afterwards try making a post that requires approval and see if you will get it on your index.

If none of the above works, then it's either bad Approval MOD installation (how did you install it by the way?) or a conflict with another MOD that modifies the index.php page.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:27 pm

uncle.f wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote:That is exactly what I am talking about. Sorry about the pic, but yes I am logged in as Admin and when viewing a forum I can see that posts need to be approved but not when viewing the index.
Try installing the contrib/scripts/admin_sync_all.php script and run it from ACP to synchronize every post in all of your forums. If that does not help, then install contrib/scripts/admin_approval_reset.php script and run it from ACP followed by the 'Sync All' script (this will reset all posts approval status and resynchronize your forums). Afterwards try making a post that requires approval and see if you will get it on your index.
Okay.
If none of the above works, then it's either bad Approval MOD installation (how did you install it by the way?) or a conflict with another MOD that modifies the index.php page.
By hand as I don't trust ezMod.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”