MOD Title: RSS News Ticker
MOD Description: Adds a scrolling news ticker on the forum index displaying the latest headlines from a given RSS feed.
MOD Version: 0.1.1
phpBB Version: 3.0 RC7 or later (as the base code does not rely on phpBB's functions)
Supported styles: prosilver and subsilver2 (Styles based off of prosilver and subsilver2 *should* work but don't quote me on that)
(Note: This Mod only has 3 language strings. Because of this, I just set the strings as variables in newscenter/rss.php for quick access and easy translation without having to deal with extra files)
MOD Download: Here
Please read through the Author's note and DIY Instruction sections (at the bottom of the install.xml page) before posting problems.
USERS UPDATING FROM 0.1.0: Just override the files. No editing is needed...but you'll have to reset your settings in newscenter/rss.php
MOD Screen Shot:
- This Mod uses a modified version of lastRSS.php with some of its features disabled for faster loading and less memory use. You can download the full version at http://lastrss.oslab.net/ and use it in place of the provided file. This Mod also uses the Pausing up-down scroller by Dynamic Drive. Both files are freeware under GNU.
- To modify this MOD's settings, open newsceneter/rss.php in a text editor to change the values
- The default feed for this MOD is Slashdot's feed
- If you are using the RSS caching feature on lastRSS (turned on by default on this MOD), chmod the newscenter/tmp folder to 777.
- First release
- Added switch to choose if clicking on links opens in a new window
- Set default re-encoding of RSS data to UTF-8