Simple Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
16%
Good
11%
Fair
3%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 91

momentum

Re: Simple Quick Reply

Post by momentum »

Quite late to this discussion I know, but I installed this MOD today on a board that uses three styles (subSilver, AcidTech & Getaway) and apart from the usual problem concerning the idiot at the keyboard, :roll: everything works as it should.

My only qualm is the size of the smilie popup window. I've changed the size of the normal "View more emoticons" window but this MOD seems to generate a window of much smaller dimensions. Anyone know where the window size is kept?

Craig.
QOTY: phpBB is free, good hosting is not. - robert (Lumpy Burgertushie)
azra

Post by azra »

rehan wrote:Alright.. I edited that file now its showing at the right spot but the forum above it is squezed to the left... :s
i like your style by the way rehan..which one is it?
azra :D
rehan

Post by rehan »

@ Azra: I dont know abt that style.. coz i started my forum with phpBB but left it after coupl of dayz and i used SMF. Today i converted my forum from SMF to PhpBB and i am reinstalling all the mods..

I installed this mod using EzMod 3.. it installed succesfully.. but it is not appearing.. wat shld i do
My theme is DAJ Glass.. and i hve installed Google Puller mOD & EZ mod b4 this one..
robokopf

Post by robokopf »

I'm not sure if it's a bug or something, but with the quick reply, you still could reply to locked topic. Please check it out. Thanks.

Edited: oops sorry, forgot i was logged in as an admin. Sorry! :D
David Tan

Post by David Tan »

After I click "submit" button on the "Simple Quick Reply", I get the following error:

Could not insert new word

DEBUG MODE

INSERT IGNORE INTO S_search_wordlist (word_text, word_common) VALUES ('msg', 0), ('test', 0)

Line : 234
File : functions_search.php

Ps help.
Merri

Post by Merri »

Posting a new message uses the exact same code that is used by the core phpBB code, so you should get this error even when posting normally (without using SQR). There might be a problem with your database, ie. broken/locked table or there might be a problem with the database server.

So test what happens when you post normally. If the problem doesn't always show up (it doesn't happen always when you use the quick reply), try posting multiple times using the normal message writing. If the error doesn't replicate, well, then I don't know why it can do that; unless there are other MODs that have changed posting code.
SteeLx

Post by SteeLx »

this is really easy to install & simple Quick Reply than other fast replay MOD's :D

no need of external file.. :D I like that :ugeek:
azra

Post by azra »

How can I make the smilies window that opens bigger?
azra :D
mallocup

Post by mallocup »

I have this mod installed, and recently changed the smilies available on my site via the ACP.

However, the smilies box and the pop up with additional smilies still shows the same ones as before. How can I edit this so the correct and up to date smilies are shown?
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Simple Quick Reply

Post by Paul »

MOD Updated to version 2.0.1
See first post for Download Link
Merri

Post by Merri »

This major update took a "little" longer than expected to get as far as to the DB. A year back was the big crash on the phpBB site which happened pretty much the next day I submitted the version 2.0.0 - which eventually never really got processed when things were ready for that sometime during or after the summer. Finally we have the new version out now that I once again had more time in my hands to put it up.

If someone wishes to upgrade from 1.0.0, you can find the old installation script here. Simply do the changes in reverse, then install the version 2.
1e0n

Post by 1e0n »

Emmm how to put the smilies into the red box?
Maybe not remove the ling but to be "More smilies" or something...

zero061099

Post by zero061099 »

can we get some template edits for FI Subice? OR am I using a outdated version of FI Subice?

Whats the latest for phpbb 2.0.23?

Thanks
dannyluked

Post by dannyluked »

Could somebody please help me, I want to install a simple 'quick reply' box to my forum (dannyluked.co.nr/forum) and I have no idea how to do this. Would somebody please tell me exactly (including links) how to do this step by step bearing in mind I am a complete amatur. It may be easier to make a text file then upload that.

Thank you very much in advance!

PS. I do have quite a good computer knowledge (I can use dreamweaver and FTP's...) I just cant do Foums yet!
-jm-
Former Team Member

Post by -jm- »

dannyluked wrote:Could somebody please help me, I want to install a simple 'quick reply' box to my forum (dannyluked.co.nr/forum) and I have no idea how to do this. Would somebody please tell me exactly (including links) how to do this step by step bearing in mind I am a complete amatur. It may be easier to make a text file then upload that.
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/installing/ ;)
-jm- (a.k.a. juanm) - *NO* private support
Hacked?
With so many beautiful colors in the world it’s a shame to make everything black and white - Dennis R. Little
my links: tips&stuff :: stuff only

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”