RC8 discussion

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
PCGUY112887

Re: RC8 discussion

Post by PCGUY112887 »

Odd, works fine for me?
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie »

I had the same. Try clearing the board cache and then your browser cache. It will go away. :)
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
don-vip

Post by don-vip »

Not with me.

I purged the cache several times trough admin panel, and I manually deleted all files in cache directory.

I purged firefox cache, closed it, re-purged, pressed ctrl-F5 several times... I still see this damned text in front of all the prosilver buttons :|
statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm »

Big congrats to the dev team for getting RC8 out and for another step closer to taking a big sigh of relief when Gold is released!
eeef

Post by eeef »

It's great that you're picking up all the bugs, but how many RC's can one bit of software have? 8's got to be a record hasn't it?
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

don-vip wrote:Not with me.

I purged the cache several times trough admin panel, and I manually deleted all files in cache directory.

I purged firefox cache, closed it, re-purged, pressed ctrl-F5 several times... I still see this damned text in front of all the prosilver buttons :|
Have you already tried to refresh the theme of prosilver into your administrationpanel?
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me @ www.raimon.nl for fair prices and good service!
statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm »

eeef wrote:It's great that you're picking up all the bugs, but how many RC's can one bit of software have? 8's got to be a record hasn't it?
Well, I've personally seen a piece of software have 50 RCs.. :D Its all in what the dev team needs to find all their bugs.
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

8 is quite a lot if you ask me. I'm starting to get a bit annoyed and it feels like it is all on hold until a final version is released. But actually I am not complaining, it is a free software so take it or leave it.
r4wMUnt34q

Post by r4wMUnt34q »

I dont care about the number. The essential thing is, that it is getting better and better, I hope. The pace is slow, but rather do something slowly and correctly then quickly and worth piece of sh*t, like ehm Vista, ehm. Congratulations guys!
tharmsen

Post by tharmsen »

Smooth as silk update from RC7, thanks dev team!!!
dave19

Post by dave19 »

Well done to the dev team! Ironed out some of those bugs perfectly, thank you! :mrgreen: :geek:
Amphor

Post by Amphor »

update went very well,
Have some questions though. Is it possible that in "Team", members of some group(s) are also shown, in addition to admins and moderators.
And can it be done, that, a "mortal" user is not able to add some grup member's to foes list , in addition to admins and moderators?
UnitedWeFall

Post by UnitedWeFall »

Congrats. One step closer to gold!
garethbraid

Post by garethbraid »

I have just completed the update from RC7 to RC8 everything seems to have gone OK, although I wasn't able to use the FTP to upload the merged files, so had to download and re-upload - it said it was unable to change the directory when I entered the FTP settings.

Now that I have updated it to RC8, and enter the ACP under the General Tab the version is reporting as RC8 which is correct however under the System Tab, it still thinks I have RC7 and that RC8 is available.

Have I done something wrong, is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks and good work.
cyberken

Post by cyberken »

Im having a slight problem with updating.

I have 2 forums on seperate servers - 1 has updated no problem using the automatic update.
the second one will not recognise that the install folder has been uploaded - I get this error:
/forum/install/index.php was not found on this server.

It is uploaded as i did with the other forum - it isnt even taking the board offline :(

Any suggestions?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”