Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
apple-byte

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by apple-byte »

Thanx again

the Updater to RC8 worked fine

and on the first view: no problems

Kizzume

Post by Kizzume »

I want to thank Thatbitextra and others who have helped me when I was getting so frustrated. I had sworn to give up about 10 times and then kept trying, and with the help of people here, I was able to keep from having to go an expensive closed-source route.

THANK YOU!!

wmtipton

To the Devs...

Post by wmtipton »

I just wanted to say that even tho there are some complaints about the use of 'RC' here that there are many of us who dont care what you want to call it while your working to get the software closer to gold.
Im sure many feel the same way that I do and just appreciate the time and effort youve all spent on this project and are completely happy with the progress made so far.

I wish I could go back 15 years and have ALL of the trash software Ive bought over the years be done the way you guys are doing phpBB3...by letting the whole community who want it pretty much figure out what still needs to be done with it.

I just purchased a piece of software not too long ago for web site design that really ticked me off.
I love the company and buy a lot from them and have since 1993 or so, but this particular software was not ready for final release and what burns me most is they just moved on after some patch that didnt even fix the problems.
So what they left me with is a product that wasnt complete and my only real choice was to either leave them altogether or pay MORE money for the next release. Since I had a LOT of work done already with the former version, changing over to another product was not a viable option.
So I ended up having to upgrade yet again well before I should have because this new version fixed the problem....basically I paid for a patch.

For myself, Im glad you guys are doing things the way you are.
If you have to put out another dozen RC's then so be it, as far as I'm concerned. The product so far is top notch, and I dont see how it could do anything but get better by the time it goes gold.

I know you wont, but please dont let the few who complain about the use of 'RC' cause you to put out a gold release that isnt actually finished yet.
There are those here among us who believe you are doing a fine job and appreciate the time and effort youve spent on phpBB3 so far.

:)
Last edited by dellsystem on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged to existing thank-you topic :)
mysql database backup software - mysql Workbench

HOT SPOT

Thanks phpBB3

Post by HOT SPOT »

Just upgraded 4 BETA sites from RC7 to RC8. I read the sticky and refreshed all the cache. Flawless update once again.

You folks ROCK!! ;)

NightSky

Post by NightSky »

I completely agree with wmtipton. Thaaaaanks a lot gyus!

murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel »

I completely agree with wmtipton too, although I am somewhat desperate. Thanks. :roll:
sorry for my bad english i am spanish.
ImagemxBB Portal the best portal to phpBB2

precisedjs
I am too lazy to register

Post by precisedjs »

This site has great information for beginning php developers. I'm still learning the basics but I promise I will get up to some of your levels.

Happy Holidays
Last edited by Jim_UK on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed - in sig is enough

world leader
I've Been Banned!

Post by world leader »

thanks

i like it

Amjad

Post by Amjad »

about time guys....whew!! thanks!! happy birthday!
FiD Underground - Chill Out Zone!

Xboxsosmart

I would like to say congratz.

Post by Xboxsosmart »

Thank you for a GREAT forum software-maker thing, and I am very happy to see that Gold is coming out.

Thanks to all of the staff that helps create this magnificent software, and I think they deserve a break from all of the programming and work that they do. I am sure everyone here appreciates it.

I can't wait to beta phpBB4!!! :D

Hopefully there will be like a rememberance thing that you guys have. I solomly praise that I report all of the bugs in BB4!

What do you guys think about phpBB, and how you found out about it.

I found out about it by this site: http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule5d >>link removed Once again, thank you for all of your hard work.
Last edited by darcie on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged into thank you topic- we only need one topic, thanks.

apple-byte

Post by apple-byte »

Thanx for that great piece of Software

i updated my forum from 2.0.22 to RC4 in August and made every update

the only problem i had was the bug with the PM counter

hoping for more styles to come out now

greetings from germany

jwxie

Post by jwxie »

yes
we all have been waited for this

yeah^^

knowley

THANK YOU!!!

Post by knowley »

To all at PHPBB

Massive thanks for all the hard work on version 3.

I have been running phpbb2 for years; we have a 60meg forum with almost 80,000 posts!

I just installed version 3, did a conversion and have had no problems so far. Congratulations to all involved in the development of verison 3 including the the installation and conversion process - you've done a fantastic job!!!

Thanks again

John

Rat

Post by Rat »

i want to thanks the phpbb team that create the phpbb3 you guys are awsome! the installation and convertion went smooth and easy without any problem. i convert from 2.0.22 to phpBB3 Gold, i have ton of mods in my previous board, thought i would have a couple of error but nope.. nothing. 8-)

thank you very much. :mrgreen: keep up the good work.
Rat

axe70

Thank for the new 3 version

Post by axe70 »

It is the best, it is free as our mind should ever be. Thank to acidburn and to all developers.
It represent the essential of WEB

Return to “phpBB Discussion”