[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BassFace

[ABD] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by BassFace » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:21 pm

MOD Title: Phoogle Map
MOD Description: Shows a fully interactive Google Map where your Users can input their location and be displayed with a selection of customizable map markers. Very customizable map controls. Includes ACP and UCP modules for admin and users. Note: Requires a free Google Maps API Key from Google Maps.
MOD Version: 0.2.0

MOD Download: http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/phpbb3/phoogle_map_0_2_0d.zip (not the latest version)
Last Stable version: well, none... this is still BETA, eh?

subSilver2 template files: Using subSilver2 or a theme based on it? Download this, too.
http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/phpbb3/phoogle_subSilver2.zip (not the latest version)

Map Marker Template: Create your own custom markers
http://bassface3d.com/phoogle/phpbb3/marker_source.zip (not the latest version)

Demo Board: http://phooglemapv3.bassface3d.com (not the latest version)
Demo Username: Read the first Post on the Demo board for this info.
Demo Password: Read the first Post on the Demo board for this info.

I've started reworking the Phoogle Map MOD from phpbb2 for phpbb3. Very early in the process, but I wanted to start a thread to show progress and to sign up some brave souls to help me test as development progresses. Please DO NOT test this MOD on your live board at this stage!

Updated screenshot of v0.1.0:
Last edited by BassFace on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:55 am, edited 14 times in total.

DiegoPino

Re: [DEV] Phoogle (Google) Map

Post by DiegoPino » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:32 pm

Excelent... New!!!

I hope for the mod

Thanks

:ugeek:
We11World [ Winning Eleven ] , Blog , PinoStudio1 , Archive Forums

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:00 am

Im looking forward to this mod.

Any updates on when this mod will be finished?

lifeguard81

Post by lifeguard81 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:49 am

Great MOD!
Bye phpBB, hello Compo.sr A complete website package with news, forum, chat, gallery and much more!

piegus

Post by piegus » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:27 am

I dont know this mod. Is it possible that mod will gain localization (Address) from profile filed and write it the map?

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:55 pm

I really can't say when this MOD will be completed - I have alot to learn about phpbb3 and converting things that this MOD needs to do from phpbb2 functions to phpbb3 functions. For example, the MOD for phpbb2 added new fields to the phpbb_users table, and in phpbb3 those fields should probably be Custom Profile fields. And not to mention the differences between the phpbb2 Profile pages and ACP compared to the new phpbb3 UCP (User Control Panel) and ACP with the new Module system.

I do hope to add Geocoding of addresses back into this MOD, as I think Google's geocoding has improved vastly since this MOD was first released. But that feature will have to wait - got to get the basics working first. :geek:

zula

Post by zula » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:53 pm

looking forward to this mod, thanx for building it

allanhardy

Post by allanhardy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:27 am

Would like this
need any help?

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:42 am

allanhardy wrote:need any help?
All I can get! :D PM me if you'd be interested in coding or testing or whatever. Thanks!

Appaz

Post by Appaz » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:34 am

Woohooo! Bookmarked! Regards!
People won't work. Successful idea will.

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:47 pm

Any feature requests? You all can see the phpBB2 version of this MOD from the link in my signature to see what the MOD does now.

e.g I'd like to try adding a Friend/Foe feature to the map bubbles, so you can make someone a Friend or Foe right from the map.

Appaz

Post by Appaz » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:56 am

Would be nice to make that admin may change default map location coordinates and zoom level ;)
Also, would be nice, when rollover (or click) user marker, info is shown - avatar, username, contacts, post count, etc.

Edit:
Oh, just took a look at phpbb2 phoogle map - looks awesome! :) And tehere allready IS userinfo! Avatar would be nice as well i guess :)

Maybe could be added button "My Location", which points to a user location, and makes his "face" centered?
People won't work. Successful idea will.

Geisthund

Post by Geisthund » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi

The forum I run is owned by a breed (dog) rescue service so being able locate members in specific areas would be a god send. I see you have pop up containing various info submitted by the person flagged.
What I would like to see is the info customisable e.g. Tel phone numbers etc but with the admin option to control what is displayed publically.
Hope that makes sense

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:06 pm

Appaz wrote:Avatar would be nice as well i guess :)
You mean like this? :mrgreen:

That's already a feature, I'm the only one on the demo board that has an avatar. If the user has an avatar, the map bubble gets tabbed, but if no avatar is found, just a simple map bubble comes up.
Appaz wrote: Maybe could be added button "My Location", which points to a user location, and makes his "face" centered?
Not sure what you mean here, but if you click a username in the list to the right, the map recenters on that user.

BassFace

Post by BassFace » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:31 pm

Geisthund wrote:Hi

The forum I run is owned by a breed (dog) rescue service so being able locate members in specific areas would be a god send. I see you have pop up containing various info submitted by the person flagged.
What I would like to see is the info customisable e.g. Tel phone numbers etc but with the admin option to control what is displayed publically.
Hope that makes sense
While I am shying away from using the new 'Custom Profile Fields' in phpbb3 (simply because I want to consolidate all the map related stuff onto one UCP and ACP page) I would love to implement something like you described.

There's a new extension to the Google Map API that allows more customizable Info Windows (bubbles), and I'd like to get that integrated, as well. 8-)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”