[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
TheBuzzSaw

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.6.0 01/12/07)

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

Geisthund wrote:
TheBuzzSaw wrote:I really wanna use this mod, but I am still skeptical as to whether it will work. Is there going to be an updated release in the near future?
I've installed V6 on Gold without a problem.

HTH
Gareth
Really? You didn't get tons of errors like these other guys? That's a relief! How difficult is the installation?
Amateurs go until they get it right.
Professionals go until they never get it wrong.
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

TheBuzzSaw wrote: Really? You didn't get tons of errors like these other guys? That's a relief! How difficult is the installation?
If my memory serves I configured Wordpress first then installed WP-United.
The first version I installed was WP-United 5.5 but had problems with my prosilver template (Not standard)
The template problems were fixed by the time I installed WP-United V6 beta. Upgrading to WP-United V6 was simple.
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

Ps I did have to play with the config of WP-United a bit.
I also used Version 2.3.2
matgallis

Post by matgallis »

I installed mine last night. No errors so far
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

Geisthund wrote:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice:
Are not that important.
If you turn off degugging in config.php they will disappear.

Or if you edit includes/functions.php
Thanks for working solution but it is not a correct solution, MOD should be written better way. :roll:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

I tried it again with a fresh install of gold and got the exact same problem: it creates the users in the wp database, but the passwords are wrong. When I manually edit the database after running the test passwords through an MD5 hasher, I can log in ONCE, but once I log out and try to log back in, the passwords are wrong AGAIN.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
Darfuria

Post by Darfuria »

After I fiddled around with the installation settings so that I finally got a valid path to my phpBB install, I only came across more problems.

As far as I was aware, I had two users in my WordPress users table, and the same two users in my phpBB 3.0.0 users table. They both had the same username. However, when I went to use the mapping tool it showed that a copy of my profile (with a 1 at the end) had been made. I managed to delete this through WP-United, but couldn't in WordPress. I then mapped the two profiles, and changed the permissions so that they could cross-post, etc. However, doing this caused the passwords to be changed. I reset the passwords by copying & pasting the MD5 from my local database to the live one, which resolved the problem for one session, though I still couldn't see any cross-posting options.

I think WP-United is a fantastic mod, but at points it seems a little unclear, and perhaps a little messy. Where exactly are we supposed to see the option to cross-post, and have you made any progress on fixing the password bug?
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

how do u allow automatic approval for all authors' comments?
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

Through permission system in ACP.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
e39m5

Post by e39m5 »

Is this working with the most recent version of phpBB3 and WP?

I know it would probably help if i read the thread but...

How does this work? Does it add a new tab to my phpbb admin panel so I can control WP from there?

Does it integrate cleanly into my prosilver theme? Including the overall footer and header?

Thanks,
e39m5
snider

Post by snider »

Everything is working well for me over at http://www.atomicpopcorn.net/forums except for the little strip of white on the top of the page. I have changed the background to match what the page background is but it still shows white. Where am I going wrong?
renet

Post by renet »

I*m having a few problems with WP-United...

1. After installing it, I am no longer able to edit any posts. The TinyMCE just appears empty. No matter, if I want to edit the admins (user 1) or my own (user 2, administrator, as well) posts.

2. Somehow WPU doesn*t create any WordPress users, except for me, the phpBB admin...

I*ve double checked all my edits and everything is fine. I don*t know why this is happening... So, please, help me. Any idea is welcome! =)

I*m using...
WordPress: 2.3.2
WPU: 0.6.0.0 RC1
phpBB: 3.0.0 (Gold)
McKulit

Post by McKulit »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly same as above. :shock:
K2

Post by K2 »

I've posted this on the wp-united.com forums, but havent received a reply, and it looks as if the author hasnt visitied his forum in almost a month :| So I'll post this here, in hopes that some of you have found a solution to my issue. Here's the quote from my original post over there:
Just did a fresh install of wordpress 2.3.1/phpBB3 3.0.0/wp-united 0.6.0 RC1. You can view the site here - http://www.jenniferandkeith.org - and the forums here (still under construction) - http://www.jenniferandkeith.org/phpBB3

I'm using the default theme with wordpress w/ slight color changes, and using semigreen template w/ phpBB3 (it's based off of prosilver).

What I'd like to have, is the phpBB3 header show up on the wordpress main page, just like it does at wp-united.com. I've played around with the header in wordpress to an extent, but with wpu in effect, I'm cautious as to what to change in concern of breaking the integration. If anyone can point me in the right direction so I can have the phpBB3 header show on the wordpress main page, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT - for clarification, I have wpu set as 'phpBB inside of wordpress' w/ simple header/footer selected.

I would assume that with those settings, the phpBB3 header and footer should already be visible in my wordpress pages. I've seen a couple other posts here that hint at that - so maybe this is actually a bug? I should already be seeing this instead of asking for a how-to?

Anyways, I'll keep looking on my end. If anyone has a solution, please share it.
Quote says it all. If any of ya have any ideas on how to make that happen, I'd appreciate it. I havent had any errors at all during installation or operation.
~Ivy

Post by ~Ivy »

I have the latest phpBB forum and lates Wordpress running as a portal.
I installed this mod and it was all perfect until I tried to change a username for one of my forum members - I got this error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 1395: mb_ereg_search_init() [function.mb-ereg-search-init]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 1396: mb_ereg_search() [function.mb-ereg-search]: No regex given
This is the only mod I have installed so my guess is my error is because of this mod. Did anyone else have the same problem, and if yes, how did you fix it?

Lines 1395 and 1396 of the /includes/functions_user.php files are the following:

Code: Select all

mb_ereg_search_init('^' . $username . '$', $regex, $matches);
		if (!mb_ereg_search())

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”