I can't see my fourms

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
zayan1952

I can't see my fourms

Post by zayan1952 »

I created a new fourms but when I click board index i see nothing, i tried fourm, category and links but still no show!
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: I can't see my fourms

Post by Brf »

Permissions.
You have to set permissions for your new forums.
~Ivy

Post by ~Ivy »

I have a problem with setting permissions - it won't let me change permissions!

I changed the forum based group permissions to the way I like them to be, and when I try to assign those permissions to different groups, it doesn't do it! It lets me change the permission set, I click save, it "saves", but when it reloads the page again it says that No roles are assigned! Again, as if I didn't do what I just did.

I have one mod installed on my website: WP United and besides that all files are original. I tried deinstalling the mod (from mySQL database too of course) but it didn't fix my problem so I don't think it's causing it.

The link to my forum is here: http://www.e-tabularasa.com/forum - it's running phpBB3 Gold release.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

If you go into advanced permissions and set things there, then you are overriding the Role. Therefore, there is "no role assigned", since you made up special rules.
~Ivy

Post by ~Ivy »

I didn't go to advanced - that's why I created everything the way I want it before so I could just pick "Standard + Polls" or read access only and make my life easier.

Going advanced for 5+ groups and 5+ forums was a bit more time consuming than I was ready for it to be. :mrgreen:
~Ivy

Post by ~Ivy »

Okay, this is weird. If I delete all permissions and add one by one (one forum, one group at the time) - it seems to work.
If I try to add multiple permissions at once - it won't do anything, even though it will look like it did something.

I'm confused. :?:

Edit:
I can also add 2 groups on one forum, but again, when I tried adding all groups to one forum at the same time - it didn't work.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

I have noticed the same BUG.
You can only set permissions for about 5 or 6 at a time.
~Ivy

Post by ~Ivy »

Thank you.

I was freaking out because I thought there's something wrong with my forum only, but if it's a bug, that's ok. And as long as there's a way around it (I tried up to 5 groups per one forum at once, it worked). :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”