Question about reducing forum length...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
CosmicD

Question about reducing forum length...

Post by CosmicD » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:34 pm

Our support forum is getting a bit long, there's all kinds of beta test subforums that make it huge.

Yes i know, i can delete them or remove all permissions but somehow that's a bit verbose if you want those boards to remain there for history purposes right ?

Isn't there a simple option that makes the forum invisible for all groups who have access to it ? like a switch ?

We have new testing forums inside rightnow: and the thing is that with phpbb3 I can "merge" all subforums in a convenient and compact category which will appear in the main forum, and then inflate when you click on the category. I cannot do that with older categories because they have messages and i'll have to delete them.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Question about reducing forum length...

Post by Brf » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:38 pm

Why dont you make those forums into subforums of another forum? Then they will not make your index longer.

CosmicD

Re: Question about reducing forum length...

Post by CosmicD » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:08 pm

oh, god.... i didn't get my head around that sorry, thx for the adive, ofcoruse i wasn't quite savvy of the idea yet that you can just make another parent forum and then declare previous forums with that parent......

too much flexibility :PP it's the same with permissions but i'm getting the hang of it now :) thx

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”