[Solved] Search Error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Domain

[Solved] Search Error

Post by Domain »

We just installed phpBB2 at http://www.dotforum.com
No modifications have been performed other than uploading a new logo image.

Everything seems to work fine but the search feature.

When searching if you enter your request in the "Search for Author:" field, everything is ok.

However if you type your request into the "Search for Keywords:" field, (for example, I typed the word test) you get the following error followed by the normal page:

Error displayed:
Warning: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 7 in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php on line 95

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php:95) in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 449

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php:95) in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 450

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php:95) in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 451

The forum is installed at the root in the htdocs folder and the Script path setting in the admin is "/"

UPDATE: Just did a clean install and still have the same problem
:(

Thanks
Last edited by Domain on Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Hi and welcome to the Community

Please enable debug mode and post the complete error message:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13308
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)
Domain

Post by Domain »

Thank you for your response.

I downloaded phpBB-2.0.2.zip from a separate ftp site and reloaded the software but still have the same error.

I made the change to the constants.php file to enable dbug and uploaded. The message remains the same however.

Warning: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 7 in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php on line 95

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php:95) in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 449

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php:95) in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 450

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/functions_search.php:95) in /home/bradpotter/dotforum.com/htdocs/includes/page_header.php on line 451
Domain

Please help

Post by Domain »

I've tried searching this board for the answer and tried everything I can think of and still get the same errors mentioned above.

The software is on a dedicated server at Rackspace running Linux and I have tried multiple installations all yielding the same result.

What does the first line mean?

Is there something wrong with the functions_search.php file at line 95?

Its really strange that the "Search for Author:" field works but the "Search for Keywords" field doesnt

I'm lost
Domain

Post by Domain »

Sorry to persist but could someone point me in the right direction? Is it a permissions problem or something else?

Very anxious to get our forum running correctly.
Domain

Post by Domain »

bump
Darlof
Former Team Member
Name: Darrell

Post by Darlof »

did you completely erase the tables from the database when you did the new install?
Domain

Post by Domain »

Admiral`Riker wrote: did you completely erase the tables from the database when you did the new install?

Yes I did completely erase the tables. Actually I have installed it numerous times. On one occasion I completely deleted the entire database as well. Same problem continues.

Do the "Search for Author" and the "Search for Keywords" fields look into different tables? It would seem that both search fields would not function properly if the table was corrupted, right?
Last edited by Domain on Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Domain

Post by Domain »

Anyone?

Help * Please * Help
Last edited by Domain on Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domain

Search error problem solved

Post by Domain »

The problem was due to us being Mac users and using an older version of Fetch to upload the files. The problem was solved by using the latest version (4.0.2) of Fetch.

The trick is to have fetch upload the "functions_search.php" file with the mode set to "text" and the format set to "Raw Data"

Others have had the same problem. See:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41264

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... ass+offset

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... cter+class

I can now sleep at night
8O
zonetuke

Tip for Fetch users (Mac) who are getting errors in phpBB

Post by zonetuke »

I had the same problem using Fetch 4.03 X (MacOS 10.2.3). There are two ways to overcome this problem:

1. Along the lines of Domain's suggestion: manually upload the file with Fetch's MODE set to TEXT and the FORMAT set to RAW DATA.

2. Goto to Fetch's Preferences > Misc > uncheck Translate ISO characters.

For futher info see the links in the above posts or the following Fetch thread: Fetch Doing Character Code Conversion!!??.

matthew
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

If you use command line ftp to upload the file in ascii mode it works also...
Rock out!
Cthenry

Post by Cthenry »

Cool thanks people, i've had this wierd problem too, good thing the rest fo the board is really sweet. no other problems.

So just to sum it up i should reupload all of my text type files for the board or just retrict it to my search one's? and ya i was using osX since to rewrite any of the files, os9 cant read or edit them.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”