Background colors in topics

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Ideas Centre
Frogmen

Background colors in topics

Post by Frogmen »

Hello, some of my friends in my forum told me that it's dificult to see the different between topics, because the background colors are similar, white and lightblue. Where I can change the lightblue color. I search in color.css in my prisilver/theme folder but I cannot find it.

Thks
Frogmen
GTFO. snuggles

Re: Background colors in topics

Post by GTFO. snuggles »

If you are refering to the post background colours.

Open styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css

##--[ Find ]--##

Code: Select all

.bg1
Underneath .bg1 should be .bg2 & .bg3.

.bg1 & .bg2 refer to the post background colours.

If you mean the like blue colour of your main forum, that is an image.

Open styles/prosilver/theme/images/gradient.gif
FabVegas

Post by FabVegas »

I'm having a similiar issue - why o why did I start changing colors :x

I checkout the previous suggestion of bg1, bg2, and bg3 with no luck on the topics background. I'm using a prosilver template and here is a link to the page
http://www.fabulousvegasvalues.com/foru ... um.php?f=3
You can see how the link is hard to read in the testing this forum topic panel. I need to change the background preferable to the same one used on the forums. I changed everylast bg1,2,3 did refreshes in the acp panel and cleared the cache of my browsers. It is not the answer.

anyone know how to change this panel color.
Thanks for any help
GTFO. snuggles

Post by GTFO. snuggles »

The three .bg classes deal with the topic list colours. What I have suggested with changing the .bg1 & .bg2 background colours will work.

Check that after uploading the new colour.css file you defiantly refreshed your style and check what the ACP says it is currently using by looking at the "Edit Theme" in the ACP.
FabVegas

Post by FabVegas »

Ok here is what I did I made sure the changes were made in my colours.css file - here is a copy:
.bg1 { background-color: #cccccc; }
.bg2 { background-color: #cccccc; }
.bg3 { background-color: #cccccc; }
<!-- .bg1 { background-color: #ECF3F7; }To change background color of topics -->
<!-- .bg2 { background-color: #e1ebf2; }To change background color of topics -->
<!-- .bg3 { background-color: #cadceb; }To change background color of topics -->

I always comment out my changes so I can go back easily. As you can see I did all three just to make sure. I also refreshed my templates, themes, and imagesets in my acp panel. I went to internet explorer and held down the ctrl key and depressed the refresh button. Here is a link to that page
http://www.fabulousvegasvalues.com/foru ... um.php?f=3
you can see the topics background has not changed. It should be the same as the forum background above but no luck.

If you can tell me where I went wrong I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Frogmen

Post by Frogmen »

Them for me it works nicelly. as you can see in my forum I just add a very nice pink color to the backgorund of the msgs. ;)

Maybe you have to open your forum in a new window or erase the TEMP in your Internet Explorer.

thks
Frogmen
FabVegas

Post by FabVegas »

Ok well I changed all three again same proceedure and made it a strange violet color. In FF it shows every other one as violet. In IE nothing. Shouldn't changing all three make every post violet and the topic background violet as well? Instead it only did the every other thing and only in FF. I saw the other posters page and every other one was pink as she said but why not every post and every topic background?

Still looking to change them all.
Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”